View Poll Results: Will you be buying the SHS Card Game when it comes out?

Voters
50. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes, Iíll be picking up as much as I can!

11 22.00%
  • Yes, Iíll be buying some Intro Decks and Boosters Packs!

8 16.00%
  • Yes, but only Booster Packs to try and get the exclusive unlockable heroes.

11 22.00%
  • Maybe. Iíll give it a try/think about it/depends on my budget...

8 16.00%
  • No, Iíll stick to the online version.

3 6.00%
  • No, I donít play the SHSO Card Game.

2 4.00%
  • I wish! They wonít be selling them in my country yet!

7 14.00%
Page 1 of 308 123451151101 ... LastLast

Talking Hero Up! Super Hero Squad Online Card Game Discussion

Your CBR CARD LEAGUE 2012 Champion is Shocking Techno Girl! Congrats to her and all who played!

The CBR SHSO Card Game Discussion Thread!

Welcome!

NEW MEMBERS :

This is your place for news, previews, discussion, questions, and theories relating to the Super Hero Squad Online (SHSO) Collectible Card Game (CCG). We have a great group of users and contributers here that are always willing to talk, lend advice, and throw down some cards! In this thread, you will find articles written by our users, each of which is listed in the Card Thread Table of Contents in this post. These articles include Features on a specific Hero's cards, CCG Theory and Strategy, and lots of other fun stuff! Any user is welcome to write an article about whatever they like, however if you are looking to write one of the Card Features, please contact me first for the format and schedule. You may email me with any questions or ideas at shsocardthread@gmail.com or by PM.

If this is your first SHSO Thread on CBR, be sure to check out the links at the bottom of this post to find the other threads about the game, which now comes in at a total of five! In particular, be sure to introduce yourself in the Team Thread to meet other players.

Be sure to check the Card Thread daily because there is always something new! Any new articles will be mentioned in this first post as they come up.
    Did I mention that the CBR SHSO Team holds Card Tournaments, Contests, and give away prizes...? Well, it's true! And as we move along, you will see more starting right here in this thread!

WHERE TO START with this thread :
    1ST : Getting Started with the SHSO Card Game (Look for this symbol ◊)
    1. CG RESOURCES > Official SHSO Card Game Guides > Game Guide & Game Tips pdf's
    2. CG RESOURCES > In-Game Tutorial
    3. CG RESOURCES > SHSO Fan Wiki (Familiarize yourself with navigating here)

2ND : Suggested Reading > TABLE OF CONTENTS (Look for this symbol É)
    1. GAME PLAY STRATEGY > Theory > Card Advantage
    2. DECK BUILDING > Deck Discussion > Wolverine Starter Deck
    3. CARD FEATURES > any Card Feature that interests you!
    4. OTHER GOODIES > ...And Then Some > Purchasing Strategy...

REGULAR MEMBERS :

You will notice some changes to this post... Less babble from me and more CONTENT!!

I've added links to more types of user's posts including User Decks posted in the thread.
    **NOTE: There are also deck lists in most Card Features and Strategy Articles as well.**

I also added a link to a post I made compiling Glittering Princess's theory on how to "influence" the kinds of cards you get when purchasing Booster Packs -- a must-read for any Card Buyers. I have also linked to the Iron Man Easy Quest Strategy -- a must for players struggling with Challenge 34. More to come!

Suggested Topics for Discussion:
    • Card News
    • Card Quest Advice
    • Your Favorite Decks
    • New Card Sightings
    • Card Battle Recaps
    • Seeking Card Battle Opponents (also see the CRB Team Thread)
    • Deck-Building and Gameplay Strategies
    • How Beautiful the SHSO Wiki Looks

Welcome, have fun, and let's talk cards!

~ daredeville
    ~ shsocardthread@gmail.com

ONE MORE THING : Any time you see Gambit (below) pop up in a SHSO Thread, it usually means there's some kind of news over here in the thread!

CARD THREAD TABLE OF CONTENTS

CARD FEATURES
    É
    Novice
    101 : Falcon
    102 : Hulk by Brain Yak
    103 : Iron Man by derwipok

Intermediate
    201 : Emma Frost by Virgo
    202 : Dr. Strange by Avenger Lady
    203 : Scarlet Witch by Virgo
    204 : Dr. Doom by Baron Zemo
    205 : Elektra by Avenger Lady

Advanced
    301 : Mr. Fantastic by Baron Zemo
    302 : Wolverine - 302.1 : Follow-Up Strategy by Tyrannical Mason
    303 : Wasp by Bronn1
    304 : Deadpool

GAME PLAY STRATEGY

DECK BUILDING
    Deck Discussion
    Wolverine Starter Deck É

Deck Building in the Material World
    Building to Discard-Dance

Foundation Pontification
    Regarding Drain Life (Foundation printing errors)

User Decks

OTHER GOODIES

SUPER HERO SQUAD TRADING CARD GAME (Physical Cards)

SHS Card Game Gets Physical Announcement!

Foundation Set Information
    Intro Packs
    Spider-Man
    Hulk
    Iron Man
    Wolverine
    Avengers vs. X-Men : Two Player Pack
    Pre-Release Experiences
    Astral Zephyr's Experience
    Where to Buy
    Locations, Online, and Price Comparisons UPDATED! 07.01.2012
    Foundation Check List

Foundation Rule Book

Squad Cards Card Blog
    Squad Cards : SHS Card Blog
    Squad Cards on Deckbuilding

CARD GAME RESOURCES
    The Super Hero Squad Online Wiki * ◊ - One-stop resource for every card in the game and more! By members of the CBR SHSO Team!
    SHSO Card Game In-Game Tutorial in PDF Format
    Official SHSO Card Game Guides

CARD SET LISTS
    Rise of Heroes - PDF
    Unleashed - PDF
    Villain's Fury - PDF

CBR SHSO THREADS
    SHSO Discussion Thread (4.0)
    SHSO CBR Team Thread
    SHSO Favorites
    SHSO Character Discussion
    SHSO Tier List - The most in-depth information about the SHSO heroes you'll find anywhere!
    SHSO's Most Wanted Characters - Make your voice heard! Who do you want to see in the game?
    SHSO Flash Mob - every Saturday @4pm EST
    CUG's SHSO CBR Tournament Thread

* (Thanks Womprat2000 who started and updates the wiki and Baron Zemo who frequently contributes. Almost every picture and link on this thread are from this wiki and is a product of their hard work. There are others who contribute to the wiki as well, including DreamGuard, Hobbkito, and me.)
    Last edited by daredeville; 08-14-2012 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Foundation Set info, Added links to articles/decks, Revised ToC, links
    Current Top Comics: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Fables, Fatale, Winter Soldier, Young Avengers, The Massive, Revival, Thor: GoT

SHSO CARD GAME THREAD

Grand Poisonous Catcher Baron Zemo's Avatar

Here's the deck that won me the tourney:

I can post some deck-building tips later, if anyone's interested

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Zemo View Post
    Here's the deck that won me the tourney:

I can post some deck-building tips later, if anyone's interested
    Thanks for posting that, Zemo! (I love actually calling you Zemo!)

I can see the cards that did me in! The Level 10 Hulk card with the dual Strength factors was too much for me! I had spend all my Strength blocks on your multiple "Strongest There Is" cards.

A well deserved win!
    Current Top Comics: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Fables, Fatale, Winter Soldier, Young Avengers, The Massive, Revival, Thor: GoT

SHSO CARD GAME THREAD

Favorited the thread to keep checking in the future..
    I never seen any of these cards before.

Jessica Drew The Tyrannical Mason's Avatar

Default My Match

I had Red factor deck outside of a few Wolverine yellow link cards.
    The deck destroys most decks as the strategy is since most people build a even blocking deck, at some point their red blocks exaust themselves and you have a deck that is basically unblockable late. Captain Silent Worms deck was heavily loaded with blue, which has alot of red blocks. He had I think four cards left and I played my final card which would hit for 3 and which would set of my yellow Samauri Wolverine keeper for 1. Match and set. But the one card he had in his deck was a blue card with a red block!!! LUCKY BLOCK!!! SMH, it was a great match. Congrats to Silent Worm! Well played.

Captain Silent Worm Ryu Serpentine's Avatar

Default Against Mason

Yeah, my deck was called Wakandan Thunder. It used Thor, Storm, and Panther cards with some avenger cards for links and blocks. Mason, you do not know how hard was wishing for that red block! That was really a nice close match.

I'm using a Thing based deck with some Avengers in the middle, but it needs some cards from Unleashed packs and I'm not in conditions to afford them now. At least the Power Lifting + Got Another Thing Coming/Fantastic Force/Stronger than I thought combo works well and Overpower despite the low damage is pretty reliable.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Avengers Academy!

Since this is the card thread I think its the most appropriate place to ask this, to those of you that have beaten the Black Panther Power Quest, how did you beat Human Torch? He`s impossible so far. And all of this for the Cyclops / Emma team-up card.
    ďBreeding, darling. Top class breeding.Ē
    SHSO Username: Dream Guard
    Marvel Heroes: Beta Tester
    MAA Status: Pending

Grand Poisonous Catcher Baron Zemo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Since this is the card thread I think its the most appropriate place to ask this, to those of you that have beaten the Black Panther Power Quest, how did you beat Human Torch? He`s impossible so far. And all of this for the Cyclops / Emma team-up card.
    I beat it four times but that was a while ago. I can look into it and give you a little write-up tomorrow morning if no one helps you before then.

Here was my deck from the tournament!
    I called it my Marvel Knights Deck! (Lvl.2)

It served me very well, particularly the Level 8 Blade card "Night Knight" from his card quest. It heals for a whopping 4! Reeeal useful. Especially when you are up against some heavy hitting cards. I believe it brought me back from the brink in at least two matches.
    The Level 7 Blade card, "Drain Life", also helped me out a couple times. This one heals for the same number that it caused damage.
    You can click on each cards name to see a linked picture from the wiki.

The deck as a whole is based on one of my favorite non-team of the 2000's, Marvel Knights. Basically a lot of awesome street-level heroes got together and fought some larger threats. Although not an official team, it had an amorphous line-up of heros who made appearances throughout, consisting of Daredevil, Black Widow (didn't make it in this hand.. *sigh*), Black Panther, Moon Knight, Cloak, Dagger, Dr. Strange, Shang-Chi, Luke Cage, and later Punisher and Ghost Rider. Since a lot of these characters don't have cards yet, I took liberties and added Blade and Elektra, since they fit in with the grouping and appeared in many of the Marvel Knights or had series of their own.

The deck is still a work in progress and needs further balancing. Where it lacks most are Level 1 cards, which I felt hurting me during the matches today. Luckily, my inability to play cards early on was compensated with those great healing cards. And then we have a Wolverine card who snuck his way into the deck to add a little room for a combo. All in all, the deck did pretty well against some of the most skilled competition I've played in this game!

Glad to hear your stories guys, keep em coming!
    Last edited by daredeville; 11-21-2011 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Marvel Knights was 2000's, not 90's

SHSO CARD GAME THREAD

I thought. I would share this, I through a bunch of cards together and played against Nova one time. It's not a good deck by any means . I spent two seconds on it, and I have no idea what Nova's deck contained in factors. The main purpose of the video is the ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KzJm30_8A4

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Zemo View Post
    I beat it four times but that was a while ago. I can look into it and give you a little write-up tomorrow morning if no one helps you before then.
    I beat it twice, but like the Champ said that was a while ago.

Ok, I feel dumb but how do you guys get those screen shots of the decks?

Quote Originally Posted by The Tyrannical Mason View Post
    Ok, I feel dumb but how do you guys get those screen shots of the decks?
    I just go in my Card Organizer dealio, load my deck, and take screen shots. I then stitch em together in Photoshop. I could stitch em for you, Mason, if need be.

(The reason for having to use Photoshop is because you can't see all cards on screen at once.) Alternatively, you could just take 2-3 screenshots, crop them to just the cards, and post each in a column. That'd probably be even quicker. You can crop em in Apple's Preview or in the imgur website dealio.
    Last edited by daredeville; 11-12-2011 at 10:23 PM.

SHSO CARD GAME THREAD

Nice thread!