Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637 LastLast

If I was trying to get caught up on the new "Six"... I'd buy The Gauntlet TPB's. Good stuff there. Except Red Vulture. Meh to him.
    Originally Posted by Dan_Slott

A quick "eyeball" suggests that you need to get a new eyeball

Ehhh....I don't know. Before there ever was a "Venom", the alien would still take joyrides in Peter's body. And considering how Eddie's been a raving nutbar from when we first meet him, it's really hard to tell where his actions ended and the alien's began.
    There's a clear difference between Venom's and Eddie's actions. Eddie might be crazy, but he only starts talking about eating brains when he transforms into Venom. He becomes far more violent when he's Venom.

To my own recollection, (and I'm sure V. Mask can clarify if I'm wrong), the first time the idea of Eddie and the suit being at odds is introduced is in "Planet of the Symbiotes", at the conclusion of which they "permanently" bonded for about the fourth time.
    It was actually first in Separation Anxiety. After the Scarlet Spider split him from the symbiote, he began to see all the murders that he had committed as Venom. Even though the two reunited, Spiderman played off of this doubt to temporarily get Brock to get rid of the symbiote (which of course ended in disaster).

But, prior to that story, the symbiote was shown forcefully taking over hapless civilians when it was trying to get back to Eddie in "Separation Anxiety".
    Yes, and it did so later in PPSM #9. It's become increasingly obvious that the symbiote lied to Eddie about many things, like the fact that symbiotes don't just reproduce once in their life.

And shortly after that, it bonded to Ann Wyning to create She-Venom in "Sinner Take All", causing her to act uncharacteristically vicious. She also acted insanely violent the second time she became She-Venom, which incidentally took place after "Planet of the Symbiotes"; so much for Eddie and the alien being "permanently" bonded.
    That's true, although Eddie stated that the symbiote was just amplifying her current feelings. Considering how much stress she'd been under, I can't really blame her for snapping. Still, since she was so traumatized later on by what had happened, it's a good guess that she was horrified by what she had done.

Eddie and the alien would come into conflict in "The Hunger", and the alien would separate from him again during that series, although they patch up their differences.
    The symbiote left because it was sick and Eddie's brain was not producing enough phenethylamine. When this imbalance was corrected, we never hear about Venom actually eating people until Gargan came along.

At the conclusion of Venom's own series, the alien seems to die, but it manages to heal itself and goes back looking for Eddie. What's interesting here is that Eddie initially flees from the thing, before it bonds again, and they're together like nothing ever happened.
    The symbiote has died many times; remember Styx? As for Eddie first rejecting the symbiote and then embracing it, I think it's quite clear that the symbiote was exerting far more influence on Eddie than before. The reboot-era Venom was little better than Carnage, even butchering people for fun in the Daily Bugle. Like I said before, Eddie always became more violent when he transformed into Venom, but during the early reboot, it was like Eddie wasn't even there.

The relationship gets much more explicitly abusive in a second Venom story called "the Hunger" that opened Paul Jenkins' Spectacular Spider-Man title. The alien isn't getting the adrenaline surges it needs from Eddie anymore, so it starts actively torturing him to produce it. It also starts talking and moving independently.
    It had talked before, just not in full sentences. But yeah, it completely controlled Brock. I think the creepiest point was in Venom vs. Carnage, where Brock is completely silent, and it's only the symbiotes interacting (that of course didn't change Carnage's personality all that much). Eddie Brock would never have teamed up with Carnage, especially not over some symbiote blood feud. And he seemed completely willing to join with Carnage to kill Black Cat simply because "we're mean, nasty creatures." A far cry from the lethal protector.

It may or may not have spoken to Angelo Fortunato or Mac Gargan
    Actually, it did talk to him, telling him to not be such a bitch. When Fortunato couldn't put up a good fight against Spiderman, it abandoned him in mid-air, saying that he didn't "have enough venom."

; the Thunderbolt team's medics explicitly say that the alien doesn't talk. You can either read this as meaning the medics were completely in over their heads with the capabilities of what they were dealing with, or that Angelo and Mac perceived the alien to be speaking to them when it really wasn't. In the context of Warren Ellis' and Mark Millar's respective stories, either explanation works. But that may conflict with Jenkins' story, because the alien talked to Spider-Man. (Although I suppose that could have just been in Peter's head as well, considering he's a former host.)
    I don't know much about the Gargan Venom, but from what I've read, the symbiote didn't like him. Considering how messed up Gargan is, I wouldn't be surprised if that was all him when he was eating all those people. And I wouldn't trust the Thunderbolts if they said the sky was blue.

The alien hasn't been shown speaking to Flash Thompson, but it's definitely pushed him out of the driver's seat on several occassions, as well as generally amping up Thompson's aggression in combat situations.
    Not verbally, but in his mind, like when it was fighting him over whether or not to fight Spiderman. They're constantly fighting for dominance over Flash's body.

I think many people tend to forget that the symbiote is a completely sentient creature that probably does its own thing and willingly changes its pattern to fit the current situation.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

So far six of these variants have been great. I think my favorite of the six would have to be Doc Ock, Chameleon, and Sandman.

Senior Member FirestormTheNuclearMan's Avatar

BANNED

BANNED

Amazing Spider-Man 683 shows just how much 6 can be a force to be reckon with when
    they listen to Ock and how much Ock can learn from his mistakes.

It is such a joy to have the Six back under Doc Ock's leadership. They have been so awesome and entertaining. The latest issue was the best yet. They took down the AVENGERS!

It's nice seeing Sinister Six beating "Earth's Mightiest Heroes".Ock prepared so well his team,he justified his former moniker as "the Master Planner".As Ock fanboy,it was about time.
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

BANNED

So with the Avengers taken down you think Spider-Man should assemble The Oulaws?

BANNED

BANNED

TO anyone that checked the latest preview #686 of Amazing Spider-Man when this event is over and with Doc Ock either being defeated or KIA should Marvel make a title similar to DC Secret Six involving the members from Ends of the Earth? No idea what will happen to Rhino but something tells me he's willing to kill himself for it. So I'll be replacing him with another Spidey's rogue. Sandman as leader Electro, Mysterio, Chameleon, Armadillo, and Vulture.
    Last edited by tigerkaya; 05-19-2012 at 05:53 PM.

I hate that Sandman became a villain again.

I’d rather have them use Vulture as the leader (especially since Slott took his “man with nothing left to lose” characterization and gave it to Ock to make his stories work)

Plus, if we’re emulating the Secret Six, Adrian fits the “underpowered but still very dangerous” mold pretty well.

If they do have a Sand person, I'd kind of like to see Quicksand come back.
    New and improved me. Now with a CAPITAL B.

I would have love to see Vulture and Kraven's reactions to Doc Ock's global warming plans...if only there were room for them as well.