Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Angilas-Man View Post
    ^It contains 3 short Scrooge and Donald stories and eight one-page gags. The short stories are...

The Round Money Bin
    Donald Duck's Worst Nightmare
    Something Fishy Here
    Huh! Interesting choice...2 ten-pagers, one of which already appeared in the first volume, plus Fishy's 5 pages. I'd have preferred another 10 pager with Gladstone, or other two 4-page stories (Gyro ones, perhaps). I wonder what was the fascination with the 1-page gags. Not the aspect of Barks' work that would leave you craving for more. Then again, variety, and from what I've read elsewhere, the contents are dominated by Scrooge, to promote his upcoming volume no doubt.
    Last edited by RichieFGD; 05-06-2012 at 01:02 PM.

^I assume the material for the last hardcover and the next are the only ones Fanta have colorized, so they were limited to those stories.

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We wanted to let you know there's a delay with one or more items in the order you placed on May 31, 2012 (Order# -----------------------------).

Carl Barks "Walt Disney's Uncle Scrooge: "Only a Poor Old Man""
    Estimated ship date: January 08, 2013
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

^I wouldn't read too much into it. Like I said: Fantagraphics doesn't have official release dates, they have estimates. Fanta's site says June, amazon.com says July 17. My guess: sometime this summer.

Also, amazon is famous for giving wildly off-base time estimates.

^I assume the material for the last hardcover and the next are the only ones Fanta have colorized, so they were limited to those stories.
    That makes sense, but the Halloween story they gave away last year was from the 60's, and that's not on sight yet...
    Last edited by RichieFGD; 06-11-2012 at 11:23 PM.

EDIT: Oops Sorry for double post

On Scrooge: July 17th would be a worst case scenario, I reckon. Still bet on it being available before June ends.

Also, I would really appreciate if Fantagraphics kept more of a momentum going...it's been months since we knew anything about the book, no new interviews with Gary Groth/Kim Thompson on the series or anything...Since we're aiming at a more mainstream audience with these series, surely being quiet for this long wouldn't provide the best results?

Triple post, but this time I come with actual news! Fantagraphics has finally updated Only A Poor Old Man's page, including the usual video preview and a 18-page downloadable excerpt. If history repeats itself, it won't take long for the actual book to become available after these 2 teasers have been released. Enjoy!

Of note is that it seems the book's no longer separated by Long Stories, 10 Pagers and 1-Page-Gags.
    Last edited by RichieFGD; 06-21-2012 at 08:22 AM.

Can't wait! Hopefully we'll get it in a few weeks!

I believe it's supposed to ship next Wednesday. At least Midtown Comics shows it on their ship list.
    Jim Zimmerman
    Co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Well, the volume's been in stock from Fantagraphics for some days now...But when is Amazon.com gonna follow suit, I wonder?

^Yeah, I was going to order it with an Atomic Robo volume so's I could get free shipping (Like Scrooge, I'm thrifty).

If it takes too long I'll get antsy.

I picked up a copy on Wednesday. Haven't had a chance to read it yet, but, like the Donald book, it's pretty.
    All-Star Western, Casanova, Criminal, Daredevil, Dark Horse Presents, Funnies, Hellboy/BPRD, King City, Orc Stain, Snarked, Unwritten, Usagi Yojimbo

^Yeah, I was going to order it with an Atomic Robo volume so's I could get free shipping (Like Scrooge, I'm thrifty).

If it takes too long I'll get antsy.
    This is very odd. With 'Andes', IIRC, the book was available on Amazon a couple of days after Fantagraphics had it. Which, mind you, I'd happily order from, but their US/Canada Only rule puts a stop to my plans...

Anyone care to share impressions about the book, fellow fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron King View Post
    I picked up a copy on Wednesday. Haven't had a chance to read it yet, but, like the Donald book, it's pretty.
    Can you tell us exactly what's in the book? I don't think we were ever given an official set list.

Can you tell us exactly what's in the book? I don't think we were ever given an official set list.
    Given we know it'll contain both "Only a Poor Old Man" and "Tralla La", I'm willing to bet it'll have the Uncle $crooge Barks material from March 1952 to June 1954, as per this Wikipedia listing. No Donald stories, obviously.

Amazon to have the volume in stock this Thursday!