Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

If your new to scrooge make sure you pick up life and times of scrooge mcduck. It's not by barks but is a really great story. You may also want to check out the scrooge story "a little something extra". It's a rosa story wrote into movie like format. If you want to see what a scrooge movie (not counting the ducktales one) looks like then check it out!

http://www.fantagraphics.com/index.p...tml&Itemid=113

Man, Fanta's cover for their Carl Barks issue for Free Comic Book Day makes me want them to put out Scrooge and Donald floppies so bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Angilas-Man View Post
    http://www.fantagraphics.com/index.p...tml&Itemid=113

Man, Fanta's cover for their Carl Barks issue for Free Comic Book Day makes me want them to put out Scrooge and Donald floppies so bad!
    Yeah! Its not like freaking Marvel (now owned by Disney) is putting out any classic Disney comics...

I was SOOO looking forward to a complete collection of Don Rosa Duck works when Boom! was doing it (which Gemstone had promised when they had the license).

Fanta is doing the Mickey Mouse dailies and the Carl Barks Ducks. If Disney/Marvel isn't going to do classic reprints, which they'd let Fanta do it...

They're already doing these hardcover collections (even dropping slight hints that Don Rosa stuff may be on the horizon after they establish the Barks hardcovers). I don't see how they can't negotiate with Disney for publishing the series anew. Marvel's probably only interested in developing comics about new Disney stuff (if that).

They're already doing these hardcover collections (even dropping slight hints that Don Rosa stuff may be on the horizon after they establish the Barks hardcovers).
    Hints? Hints? What hints? Info, please!!!

^Something akin to: we're fans of Rosa, too, but we want to get the big Carl Barks stories (which Rosa references so much) out first.

^Something akin to: we're fans of Rosa, too, but we want to get the big Carl Barks stories (which Rosa references so much) out first.
    That, and Rosa's own hints that something is already on the cards: (Last post of the page)

3) Okay..... there IS a possibility that there will be an English language edition of my complete works. I'd better not say more than that until the publisher decides it's time to announce it. But it WILL NOT be an edition as deluxe as the current Egmont DRC. As I said, there would definitely be no market for something that expensive. If they decide to do it, it would probably be a sorta "Don Rosa Collection Lite"... more like the HALL OF FAME edition that came out in the late 2000's. But that would be better than nuthin'. Maybe.

That's fantastic (pre-confirmation) news!

Yeah, I managed to special order a hardcover of Vol. 1 from a comic store in Jefferson City, MO that I used to go to a lot when I was college there. When Rosa came to the Kansas City comic convention about six months later, I asked him to sign it. Absolutely awesome series.

When is the official release date of the first uncle scrooge collection?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    When is the official release date of the first uncle scrooge collection?
    Amazon has it July 17.

Ive seen other release dates including late May and June.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

From what I've experienced Fantagraphics doesn't have release dates, they have estimates.

June-ish.

My bet is June 15th onwards. Amazon has Lost in the Andes's publication date as December 5th, yet I bought it on November 14th (and I recall it being available for purchase a few days earlier).

Btw, has anyone been to a store for Free Comic Book Day? Has anyone snatched Fantagraphics' Duck offering, and if so, which stories does it include? Any extras? (Mexican here, so we don't have the holiday here...But hey, Cinco de Mayo!)

^It contains 3 short Scrooge and Donald stories and eight one-page gags. The short stories are...

The Round Money Bin
    Donald Duck's Worst Nightmare
    Something Fishy Here