As a reader and consumer, I draw the line at $2.99. Marvel will not get any of my money until $3.99 goes away.
I've written about this before as have other fans. It's a combination of factors that always brings them to this point:
1. Endless clones (if not for George Lucas, I shudder to think how many STAR WARS books Marvel would have put out)
2. Lame ideas: Red hulks, red She-Hulks, "Conan"-Hulks, please stop!
3. automatic royalties which should be on a case-by-case basis: just imagine, a royalty for creating The Gibbon! *groan*
4. Undoing great earlier stories and replacing them with lame ones
5. "death" is meaningless so no one can take their stories seriously
I love Marvel's characters but I have no confidence in their stories or editorial policies.
Last edited by LEADER DESSLOK; 12-15-2011 at 08:46 AM. Reason: tweaks
TUCO (Eli Wallach): "Whoever double-crosses me and leaves me alive--he understands nothing about Tuco!!"