Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253 LastLast
    Wait...I know you. Captain Clarkie's Avatar

I'm enjoying both Dragonborn and Hearthfire. Playing a new character for them.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

38 level still that argonian bastard ready to go every cave and basement seeking money and armor
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light

BANNED

glad to see the DLCs for PS3 finally!

http://us.playstation.com/games-and-...ragonborn.html

whew, it took a better part of the day and early evening to install and activate the dlc's, update and activate/deactivate mods, install patches, bash mods and leveled lists, and install new mods. finally got it running smooth with no conflicts or crashes. it really doesn't pay to let months and months pass by before updating mods and patches, especially when the tesv and creation kit involves a major change

so this beta finally upped the difficulty level and skill levels
    Legendary difficulty setting
    Legendary Skills – Skills of 100 can be made Legendary. This will reset the skill to 15, return its Perks and allow the skill to affect leveling again. This effectively removes the overall level cap.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Wait, so "legendary" skills have to be re-levelled?

Do the perks get better or something?
    Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    Wait, so "legendary" skills have to be re-levelled?

Do the perks get better or something?
    you keep your skills, but instead of making it go to 101+ they send it to level 15 and the extra levels add to the ones you already maxed to 100.

for those of us using mods on PC and use the Uncapper or SkyRe, it doesn't seem to mess with the mods and i think it will be optional for all platforms, so it won't be forced on you.

i doubt the made perks better but it should allow for you to get more due to uncapping the levels

here's the official Bethblog article

Now on Steam: Skyrim 1.9 Beta Update
    [...]

Skyrim 1.9

NEW FEATURES

Legendary difficulty setting
    Legendary Skills – Skills of 100 can be made Legendary. This will reset the skill to 15, return its Perks and allow the skill to affect leveling again. This effectively removes the overall level cap.

Bug fixes after the break…
    BUG FIXES

General memory and stability improvements
    Fixed issue with quest scripts that were not shutting down properly
    Companions will equip better weapons and armor if given to them
    Fixed rare issue where player is unable to learn the Clear Skies shout during “The Throat of the World”
    Fixed rare instance where Alduin would become invincible during “Alduin’s Bane”
    Fixed a rare issue where player could become stuck in Night Mother’s coffin during “Death Incarnate”
    Fixed rare issue where protected companions could be killed from poison damage
    Fixed rare issue with certain ash piles left from resurrected NPCs not clearing properly
    Fixed rare issue with NPCs and creatures respawning improperly after player fast travels
    Fixed rare crash when entering Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary
    Fixed rare crash when entering a player owned home
    Random dragon attacks will no longer occur during “Battle for Whiterun”
    Fixed a rare crash when attempting to save your game during “Waking Nightmare”
    Fixed issue where “Glory of the Undead” would not start properly if player is in combat with Eorlund Gray-Mane
    The white phial is no longer consumed if given to a follower
    If player marries Aela, the “Totem of Hircine” quest will be available
    Unused briar hearts can be dropped after finishing “The White Phial”
    Fixed issue with paying off a crime against the Companions that prevented player from getting Companions quests properly
    Thieves Guild caches are now properly enabled in the appropriate cities
    The Dragon Infusion perk now works properly when taking Esbern’s Potion
    Cragslane Cave properly resets if player receives a radiant quest to clear it out
    Fixed rare issue with bounty quest objectives not properly clearing after completion
    Gallus’ Encoded Journal is no longer a quest item after completing the Thieves Guild
    In “No Stone Unturned” Vex will now accept Unusual Gems if you’ve collected them all before starting the quest
    Vekel the Man now gives rewards for completing “Toying with The Dead”
    Fixed rare issue with being unable to turn in stolen items in “The Litany of Larceny”
    Fixed issue with followers becoming over-encumbered after being repeatedly rehired
    Fixed rare issue with visiting Kynesgrove on horseback not progressing “A Blade in the Dark” properly
    Fixed issue with receiving a duplicate radiant quest from a Jarl
    Fixed conflict with clearing Driftshade Sanctuary before starting “Trouble in Skyrim”
    Fixed issue with using shouts while in jail and having guards unlock the jail cell
    Fixed rare issue with quest NPCs not properly moving to quest locations
    Fixed issue with NPCs not selling master level spells
    Fixed rare issue where player gets control locked outside the Thalmor Embassy at the start of “Diplomatic Immunity”
    Fixed rare issue with disappearing containers after upgrades in player owned house
    Fixed issue with being erroneously attacked while as a werewolf during “Ill Met By Moonlight”
    The Ebony Blade is now only improved by two handed perks
    Locked door to Proudspire Manor can now be unlocked by proper key
    Fixed issue with merchants not receiving the proper additional gold with the Investor perk
    Fixed a rare issue where the player would be unable to learn a word after leaving for several days during “The Way of The Voice”
    The Nord Hero Bow can now be improved
    The Purity perk no longer requires the Experimenter perk
    Fixed rare instance where Lovers Comfort would not be applied properly
    If you approach Frostmere Crypt from the north, “The Pale Lady” will start properly
    Fixed rare issue where player could be prevented from speaking with Atub to start “The Cursed Tribe”
    Fixed rare issue where a dragon could appear in the Mind of a Madman realm and kill the player
    Fixed instance where player could get stuck in Japhet’s Folly
    Fixed rare instances where Arngeir would not teach Whirlwind Sprint
    Fixed issue with “Ill Met By Moonlight” if Sinding dies before the quest starts
    Gharol can now properly train up to level 75
    Fixed conflict with visiting The Karthspire before starting “Alduin’s Wall”
    Reduced the instance of random dragon attacks after fast traveling post main quest
    Recruited Blades now have appropriate dialogue while at Sky Haven Temple
    Fixed rare issue where an incorrect dungeon could appear as a location during “Totems of Hircine”
    Fixed rare instance in “Fetch me that Book” where books found before getting the quest would not be properly recognized
    Fixed rare issue with traveling to Thalmor Embassy with companions during “Diplomatic Immunity”
    Fixed issues with Matching Set perk not working properly with certain pieces of armor
    Fixed issues with Custom Fit perk not working properly with certain pieces of armor
    Fixed issue with NPC dying in a bear trap blocking progress in “Time of My Need”
    Fixed rare issue with swinging door becoming stuck and blocking an entrance in Volunruud
    Imperial Light Armor can now be crafted
    Fixed issue with “Vald’s Debt” where Vald was not leveled properly
    Fixed issue with Vilkas not giving proper greeting after completing “Battle for Whiterun”
    Fixed issue with respawning actors that were raised by using the Ritual Stone power
    Fixed issue with the Ancient Knowledge perk not calculating properly
    The Palace of Kings now has patrolling guards on upper floors
    Reduce percentage chance of getting a werewolf loading screen while player is a werewolf
    Pantea’s flute is no longer a quest item after completing “Pantea’s Flute”
    Placing an unread Oghma Infinium on a bookshelf in the player’s house no longer allows the book to be reused again
    Adjusted dialogue priority to improve chances of hearing more combat dialogue from certain NPC enemies
    Fixed issue with falling damage on high difficulty levels
    Fixed bad collision on certain clutter objects
    Fixed rare instance of couriers who would appear only dressed in a hat

[...]
    of course, with every bug fix, they end up introducing new ones

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    you keep your skills, but instead of making it go to 101+ they send it to level 15 and the extra levels add to the ones you already maxed to 100.

for those of us using mods on PC and use the Uncapper or SkyRe, it doesn't seem to mess with the mods and i think it will be optional for all platforms, so it won't be forced on you.

i doubt the made perks better but it should allow for you to get more due to uncapping the levels
    No, after reading up on it, you lose the skills. It goes from 100 to 15 and the perks are freed up to redistribute to other skills.

Per the Bethesda staff on the Bethsoft forums:

When you hit 100, you can make the skill Legendary. This is denoted on the menu by an Imperial logo. When you've done this, the skill is reset to 15 and you are allowed to redistribute your perks to whatever skill you want*. This allows you to try out perks you wouldn't have been able to before with levels essentially capping at 81. And since you can make skills Legendary multiple times over, you can continue to level up in the game to your heart's content.

*Note that you'll still need to attain the acquired Skill level for specific perks. For instance, if you made One-Handed legendary, you wouldn't be able to reattain the Bladesman perk until you reached level 30.
    If I've worked up a kick-ass destruction mage, making Destruction legendary means I keep all my spells and my magicka, but they now cost at least twice as much to cast, do half as much damage, can't be dual cast, and don't have any additional perk-granted effects. It's great if I'm done with destruction and want to fool around with another character concept without having to start a new character, but that's about it.

To be honest, I don't really see the appeal.
    Expletive Deleted

The Green Knight Lord of the Unreal's Avatar

Can you become a lord vampire then change to a wolf and back?
    "The dream does not end until I say so."

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    No, after reading up on it, you lose the skills. It goes from 100 to 15 and the perks are freed up to redistribute to other skills.

Per the Bethesda staff on the Bethsoft forums:

If I've worked up a kick-ass destruction mage, making Destruction legendary means I keep all my spells and my magicka, but they now cost at least twice as much to cast, do half as much damage, can't be dual cast, and don't have any additional perk-granted effects. It's great if I'm done with destruction and want to fool around with another character concept without having to start a new character, but that's about it.

To be honest, I don't really see the appeal.
    It doesn't appeal to me much either, but I can see the appeal for some others. Like you said, for people who decide they want to take their characters on a different route without having to restart a character. Personally if I'm doing a different character I want to experience everything with that character and thus I'm going to start a new one, but I can understand not everyone wanting to play through the game again. For instance someone might be halfway through the game when they get bored with their character and want to take him/her on a different route. Before now your choices were to either play the rest of game as a character you're not having much fun as or starting over from scratch. Though why don't they just do what Kingdoms of Amalur did and allow you to re-assign every perk you've taken in every skill(for a price)?

Also I'm curious, are people really bothered that much by the level cap? Since that seems to of been a factor in this change. I would think once you get to level 81 anyone would be pretty much unstoppable(even the people who didn't exploit the smithing/enchanting system). Then again I've only gotten as high as level 50.

Also looking at the list of bug fixes for that up date we have:

Fixed rare instance of couriers who would appear only dressed in a hat
    Hilarious.
    Last edited by Surtur; 03-14-2013 at 12:30 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

you don't need to change your character. if you already maxed something like enchanting and created strong or uber gear, you could take all those perks which are given back to you and invest it into something that doesn't change your current main character
    Last edited by 7thangel; 03-14-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Unreal View Post
    Can you become a lord vampire then change to a wolf and back?
    No. Becoming a vampire cures your lycanthopy.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

I'm quite liking the Hearthfire content. I can see why some people would be annoyed at the lack of control you have over where you place things so you could actually have a customisable layout, but paying my housecarl to get furniture is fun. Like my very own interior decorator. My house in Morthal is my favourite, just slap bang in the middle of nowhere right beside the marshes full of things ready to kill you. One thing I do find disappointing is I thought the house design would change depending on the location but it looks like they are all the same.

Also just started Dawnguard. Apart from having to be careful if I'm near any civilised areas at night for fear of vampires slaughtering everyone, I'm quite liking it. I'm trying to use the crossbows a lot, luckily had quite a lot of perks earned I never used so I could invest in archery.
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

Quote Originally Posted by alf_to_the_rescue View Post
    Also just started Dawnguard. Apart from having to be careful if I'm near any civilised areas at night for fear of vampires slaughtering everyone, I'm quite liking it. I'm trying to use the crossbows a lot, luckily had quite a lot of perks earned I never used so I could invest in archery.
    my bow is still better than the crossbow, so i haven't used it yet. is it actually a decent weapon?

also with the bloodline quest, does serana leave you once you return her to her family? i started her quest and then when i realised i had three followers (mjoll, dwarven sphere & serana--which is great except serana sprays her magic which occasionally aggros mjoll) i decided i'd do all the other non-dawnguard quests i still had lying around.

Quote Originally Posted by renne View Post
    my bow is still better than the crossbow, so i haven't used it yet. is it actually a decent weapon?

also with the bloodline quest, does serana leave you once you return her to her family? i started her quest and then when i realised i had three followers (mjoll, dwarven sphere & serana--which is great except serana sprays her magic which occasionally aggros mjoll) i decided i'd do all the other non-dawnguard quests i still had lying around.
    I like the crossbows. They are very slow to reload but the exploding bolts are fun and the fact it's always drawn after it's reloaded is good. She leaves you for a bit but she comes back again. Though I'm following the Dawnguard side but I assume it's more or less the same if you go down the vampire bit.
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!