Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by [Trigger] View Post
    It doesn't really matter what level you are, the game usually does a good job of adjusting to your game level. The creators of the game were able to beat the game at level 1 in 2 hours.

The game only becomes a breeze once you break the game with blacksmith/enchanting.
    I agree. Getting to the final fight was a challenge at times even with my advanced level.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Skyrim is not exactly a challenging game at any level. And as with any Elder Scrolls game it becomes a complete cakewalk at higher levels.

Why? Are you just going to do the main quest and then skip out on all the good stuff, the side quests, because it's 'too easy' by then?
    Nope.
    I will be doing most of the side quests in the future.
    I will just focus more in moving forward the main quest now.

Quote Originally Posted by [Trigger] View Post
    It doesn't really matter what level you are, the game usually does a good job of adjusting to your game level. The creators of the game were able to beat the game at level 1 in 2 hours.

The game only becomes a breeze once you break the game with blacksmith/enchanting.
    Thanks for the info.
    I was in doubt if the game adjusted to my game level or not.
    Thats cool news,i was a bit concerned that my game level was already to much leveled up and that this would leave the game way easy.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Nope.
    I will be doing most of the side quests in the future.
    I will just focus more in moving forward the main quest now.

Thanks for the info.
    I was in doubt if the game adjusted to my game level or not.
    Thats cool news,i was a bit concerned that my game level was already to much leveled up and that this would leave the game way easy.
    In my case I did all the side quests first. I'm the type of person that once I finish the main quest of a game I no longer care about the side quests. I broke it into a "good guy" play through and a "bad guy" play through. I never finished the main quest on my bad guy file since I had already finished it before.
    _______
    |____.._|
    _(_O_)_
    |______|

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

[expletive] yes.
    Expletive Deleted

Let me guess only xbox right? :D yeah, awesome... At this rate I hope Bethesda at least releases one jumbo pack for the ps3 to try and make up for all of this nonsense.
    _______
    |____.._|
    _(_O_)_
    |______|

it would be for all 3 platforms. i think Dawnguard was the only thing they promised would be out for x-box first by a week or two before PC and PS 3.

i'm more interested in this vs Dawnguard

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    it would be for all 3 platforms. i think Dawnguard was the only thing they promised would be out for x-box first by a week or two before PC and PS 3.

i'm more interested in this vs Dawnguard
    Isn't Dawnguard still not out on PS3?

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    Isn't Dawnguard still not out on PS3?
    Nothing's out on PS3. Both Dawnguard and Hearthfire came out on PC after a thirty day lag behind XBox, but PS3 Syrim players are thus far out of luck.
    Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    Nothing's out on PS3. Both Dawnguard and Hearthfire came out on PC after a thirty day lag behind XBox, but PS3 Syrim players are thus far out of luck.

Didn't they come out and say they don't have any plans for coming out with that stuff on the PS3 a while back?

I'm not even sure why anymore would get Skyrim on PS3 anyways. It sounds almost unplayable on PS3, and Bethesda always comes out with their DLC on the 360 first.

BANNED

I'm a PS3 gamer and have logged over 90 hours on Skyrim with absolutely no issues. At first I was pissed about not getting the DLC but now I'm kind of over it. There's other games out there to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post

[expletive] yes.
    Yea when I saw this last night I got very excited. For the first time in this games infancy I lost interest in the middle of Dawnguard. Something about it just didn't interest me. This, however, looks awesome!
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

well, at least PC and PS3 gamers now have a date for the DLC

http://www.gamespot.com/news/skyrim-...y-2013-6400943
    The Dragonborn expansion for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will arrive on PlayStation 3 and PC during early 2013, publisher Bethesda confirmed today. The content will release tomorrow on Xbox Live for $20.

The Dragonborn expansion for Skyrim will be the first add-on to launch for the PS3 version of the game. Previously released expansions Dawnguard and Hearthfire have released on PC, but have been notably absent from Sony's platform.

It is not clear if Dawnguard or Hearthfire will ever be released for PS3. A Bethesda representative told GameSpot that Dragonborn is the company's current focus

[...]

Screw that, it should be all three included in the dlc, at least include hearthfire >:(
    _______
    |____.._|
    _(_O_)_
    |______|

thought this might please some people. News on the PS3 DLC

http://www.examiner.com/article/skyr...oming-february
    _______
    |____.._|
    _(_O_)_
    |______|

I wasn't sure if I should have started a separate thread but I'm having game-ending freezes thought someone may have had similar experiences and possibly a fix for it. Unfortunately from my research there may be no solution and I'm willing to accept that.

Details:
    - Xbox version, not installed, no dlc
    - only 6 save files
    - freezes upon player action (shouting, switching equip via direction pad, accessing menus, etc)
    - freezes upon npc action (bosses exploding from tomb, casting explosive magic spells)
    - freezes only during gameplay / never while loading
    - freezes less than 5 minutes into gameplay, even after Xbox has been shut off for 24 hours
    - dust has been removed from console and is well ventilated
    - freezing started immediately upon reaching level 60
    - gameplay stuttered at various times in combat at level 56-59 (but not enough to interrupt gameplay)
    - Xbox continues to play other games without error
    - new character gameplay (new save file) runs smoothly without error

That is everything I could think of specific to my situation after researching the internet and discovering many people have had issues with Skyrim across all platforms. The only thing that comes close to my situation I've found recommended deleting the game cache, but I haven't been able to figure that out (something about holding Right Trigger + Left Trigger and pressing X from the dashboard?) or at least I didn't notice any change. They also recommended cutting down on having many save files (recommended maximum of 10) and turning Auto Save from everything off, which I have done but still hasn't made a difference.

The conclusions I've read from people are that the save files start to get warped after so many game hours or after reaching higher levels (or a combination of both), and that the damage is irreversible. People have also said that upon reaching level 60 (like me), the game freezes continuously. Basically, once you reach level 60 regardless of whatever your doing at the moment, you win the game. Yay! If that's the case and my game file is irreversibly damage, that's fine by me. I would just rather know for sure, or if there could be a fix after all.

Can anyone help? Hopefully someone who's seen this before? Thanks.

There is still so much I haven't done in this game after completing the main quests and civil war. I was just starting the Dark Brotherhood storyline for the first time. I'll have to experience it with a new character but I've grown attached to that wily fire-shouting argonian Potato the Mad.
    Last edited by the_coldest_sun; 01-23-2013 at 10:47 PM.