Default Dust Appreciation

C'mon, no appreciation for the most awesome Hellion ever yet?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dust.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	84958

She was born in Afghanistan and is a Sunni Muslim. She was rescued by the suave Fantomex from some slave trades, brought to America, and (after a brief membership in the "Special Class") joins the Hellions, alongside Hellion, Mercury, Wither, Rockslide, and Tag! She and Icarus were always friends...until, y'know, he died after M-Day.

Sooraya then made it on to the New X-Men team during Emma Frost's battle royale and befriended X-23. After Messiah CompleX, she joined the Young X-Men, where she was injured by Magma and eventually died. Ink brought her back to life, but he may have done it without her soul...

Since then, she's fought in San Francisco in several battles, including Second Coming. She has a brotherly relationship with Rockslide, but they are now on different sides of the Schism that divided the X-Men, with Dust deciding to stay on Utopia and Santo choosing to go back east with Anole to become a student at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Oh, yeah. And it's an abaya and a niqab. NOT a burqa.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

BANNED

She has more potential to be as powerful as sand man. If she can manipulate sand as well as turn into it.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

I'm so sad this thread is such a short length.

Dust, like Polaris and Magma, is a largely unused potential Emerald mine of storytelling wealth, and yet no writers seem to remember to use her. :(
    "Claremazons are made to be punished." - jarrod

Essential reading

BUY LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD Kieran_Frost's Avatar

LOVE Dust. My favourite X-kid (and my favourite young hero after Wiccan). I wish she was in a monthly comic; epic powers, epic character!
    "I don't know how to please you Lord, but I think the fact I try to please you, pleases you."

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

She's part of my favorite stretch of Morrison's run: New X-Men #132-141.
    "Claremazons are made to be punished." - jarrod

Essential reading

"Prettier than you"- Remy Shiver's Avatar

She is my favorite student and I loved her in Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon! ^_^