Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

I updated my thoughts. I now know how to saves my comics. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin9977 View Post
    I've bought two computers and one netbook that were refurbished. Broke down within 2 months. now i stay away from refurbished things.
    My Dell refurbished PC is still working fine after 5 years.

Hello, I recently bought a Motorola Xoom to view my comic collection, however I have always used Comical and have had no problems, can someone suggest anything similar. A very kind member had already suggested Perfect viewer but it only seems to open a page and still claims to be loading. I am hopeless at computers so any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by tv horror; 06-07-2012 at 07:20 PM. Reason: grammer

What are people's thoughts on the Microsoft Surface, unveiled yesterday. They can come up with good products (X-Box) and I think Windows 8 looks like a better OS than Ios or Android. I think the keyboard/cover is a great innovation.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

I don't know enough about Windows 8 to really say anything there, but the keyboard smart-cover is genius. My only qualm is the built-in kickstand. It just looks flimsy.
    Expletive Deleted

Elder Member

From what little I've seen/read, I like the look of physical form of the thing.

Keyboard cover was my idea!

:P

...I bought an iPad yesterday before I left New York...maybe I should have waited...

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    What are people's thoughts on the Microsoft Surface, unveiled yesterday. They can come up with good products (X-Box) and I think Windows 8 looks like a better OS than Ios or Android. I think the keyboard/cover is a great innovation.
    I'm very interested. Windows RT is not for me, though.

All that said, I was already (all but) sold on the Asus Taichi laptop, with an exterior touchscreen. Very impressive but, like the Surface, without a price point or clear indications of good battery life, I'm still in wait-and-see mode.

I wouldn't be surprised if Asus gets (more of) my money before Microsoft does.
    Please pardon any aggressive auto-correct feature typos.

Design-wise this is long overdue. One of the first things everyone has to do when they get a tablet is buy a stand/cover.

The cover/keyboard is a nice bonus.

Still, I’m curious to know how much this will cost.
    New and improved me. Now with a CAPITAL B.

My biggest concern about the Microsoft Surface is that they said nothing about the screen resolution. After seeing the retina display on the ipad 3, I could never go back to the low resolution that every other tablet has.

Quote Originally Posted by batman_pwns View Post
    My biggest concern about the Microsoft Surface is that they said nothing about the screen resolution. After seeing the retina display on the ipad 3, I could never go back to the low resolution that every other tablet has.
    They did announce that, actually. It'll be better than most tablets, but not as pixel dense as Retina.

From the Wikipedia entry:

Surface and Surface Pro both have screen of 10.6" with 16:9 aspect ratio with the Pro version having resolution of 19201080 and the RT version with a 1366768 resolution. Both the Tablets use Microsoft's ClearType HD display technology. Display supports ultra-wide viewing angle and auto-adjusting screen intensity.[11][12] Surface has HD Display and Surface Pro has Full HD Display. In announcement talk Michael Angiulo told that when viewing Surface Pro held at 17", eye won't be able to distinguish between individual pixels. [13]

So what does it mean in Comixology when you press "free" and get told "this payment option is not available at this time"?
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Iangould View Post
    So what does it mean in Comixology when you press "free" and get told "this payment option is not available at this time"?
    I got that a couple weeks ago when I tried to get the real* version of Comixology to replace the crappy Amazon version. I ended up with both versions because it seems they aren’t actually the same app. The real app wouldn’t even let me “buy” the free stuff. I assumed that the in-app purchasing just isn’t compatible with the device.

Still, it’s a bit strange since I CAN buy free comics (and only the free comics) on the Marvel and DC apps. My best guess is that Amazon is actively blocking the real Comixology. Unfortunately none of the parties involved (DC, Comixology, or Amazon) are willing to explain why there’s a separate, inferior app on the Fire so we may never know specifics.

Meanwhile Dark Horse’s people have been pretty forthcoming about why they aren’t in the Fire store; Amazon won’t approve them and won’t say why.

*The one with sales and DC comics.
    Last edited by Beacon; 06-20-2012 at 08:05 AM.
    New and improved me. Now with a CAPITAL B.

Quote Originally Posted by Iangould View Post
    From beacon's response, I'd assume that you have a Fire. Is that right?

If not, I'd send a message to ComiXology about it (from within the app) if closing and reopening the app doesn't resolve it. They've been fairly responsive to my concerns.
    Please pardon any aggressive auto-correct feature typos.

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

http://www.pcworld.com/article/25797...ed_market.html

So, Microsoft announced the "Surface" the other day, a full fledged powerful and elegant tablet that they hope will rival the iPad in popularity and help take the tablet market by storm. I must say, I'm digging the keyboard/cover and I like the build in kickstand, but I'm not really digging what I've seen of Windows 8 "RT" so far and I don't think I'll be getting this tablet since my Asus Transformer Prime does everything I need of it. But still, I have to admit that it's a pretty sweet tablet and I wish it the best in the market.