View Poll Results: Will DOFP save the X-movies?

Voters
305. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

73 23.93%
  • No

59 19.34%
  • Reboot needed

129 42.30%
  • Maybe

73 23.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 408 of 560 FirstFirst ... 308358398404405406407408409410411412418458508 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 8390

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Is it just me or is there a real lack of trailers for this movie? It's coming out in less than 4 months and all we have is a cheap teaser. Capt America and Amazing Spiderman both have full trailers that give you an idea of how the movies will look. Hell even Tom Cruise's new movie has a whole trailer. We're getting close but it feels like it's still heavily in production.

He used to be my favorite and then something happened. If you haven't, you need to check out his NewUniversal issues. HIS BEST WORK EVER! Only downside is that his new stuff will make you depressed in comparison.
    I do recall hearing about how the relaunch of NewUniversal kept the same spirit of the old New Universe titles.

I feel his work hasn't looked as incredible as when he was paired with Liquid! as the colorist. Whatever happen to that group?
    www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com

My blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik.

After seeing all these empire covers I just deslizes that I will be r
    Really disappointed with this movie. I think I am one of the people in this fórum that loves Singers X-MEN movies tremendously. But right Now I am mostly hyped BECAUSE of the future scenery. I want to see the X-MEN battle this scary Black sentinel monster for 30 minutes at least...I want Storm throwing lightning and rain at this thing, while Wolverine climbing it and cutting of its head. I want Magneto throwing cars and Colossus ripping of their legs and arms.

But in the end most screen time will take place in the boring past...a past where the X-MEN haven't been founded yet...I am all hyped for the future but will mainly get the past...
    "For me, the relationship between Phoenix and Jean is primal and unbreakable, and transcends the brief interlude of Jean's physical existence on Earth"
    Chris Claremont, 2013

The promotional material of First Class was terrible. I don't really care you ALL will be seeing this movie.

Some pretty huge HUGE spoilers have been posted, so don't check this if you don't want to know anything about the movie (thought they might be fake):

spoilers:
    Rumored spoilers from "X-Men: Days of Future Past".

Young Jean Grey appears in the past.

Cannonball appears in a mutant refugee camp in the future that is attacked by Sentinels.

Rogue has been captured so the Sentinels can duplicate her powers and use it against mutants. The X-Men later rescue her, and, due to the genetic manipulation done by the Sentinels, Rogue briefly displays super-strength and flight during the escape.

The Sentinels are made of magnetized plates and therefore can change their shape, becoming learner or bulkier. The addition of Rogue's powers makes them virtually unstoppable, which is why the X-Men decide to move forward with the last-ditch effort to change the outcome of the war by altering the past.

There is a mutant unit led by William Stryker that Havok and Toad are a part of, in 1972.

Banshee left the X-Men to be with his family, and Emma Frost has been captured by the government again, but Magneto isn't bothered to break her out yet again.

Mystique assassinates President Kennedy while Magneto tries to stop her, which results in him being captured and forced to join the unit. However, this is part of his plan, and Mystique later stages an attempt against President Nixon's life so Magneto can break out.

When Mystique goes to Saigon to help the mutant unit escape, Toad takes the opportunity, and is later recruited to Magneto's brotherhood.

The timeline "fractures" in the end. The original timeline (which includes "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", "X2", "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "The Wolverine") remains the same, and the new timeline (which includes "First Class") is a clean slate, in which anything could happen. Old Xavier mentions he is able to feel the other timeline still.

Young Beast and Old Mystique share a brief moment in which he apologizes for not creating a better future, and she apologizes for not being able to change the past. Beast still harbors a crush on her and even attacks Magneto during the Kennedy assassination, under assumption he's trying to hurt her.

Wolverine's mind remains in his 1972 body. His future self is left in a comatose state.

The X-Men's hideout is an ancient tomb where Apocalypse lies dormant, though he awakens in the end. The comatose Wolverine might become his first Horseman in "X-Men: Apocalypse".

There is a reference to the Fantastic Four.
    end of spoilers
    X-Poster of the Month: November 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    I do recall hearing about how the relaunch of NewUniversal kept the same spirit of the old New Universe titles.

I feel his work hasn't looked as incredible as when he was paired with Liquid! as the colorist. Whatever happen to that group?
    Liquid! dominated in the X-books back then and I'm pretty sure they're still around.
    Be more constructive with your feedback -- Jemaine

After seeing all these empire covers I just realized that I will be really disappointed with this movie. I think I am one of the people in this fórum that loves Singers X-MEN movies tremendously. But right now I am mostly hyped BECAUSE of the future scenery. I want to see the X-MEN battle this scary black sentinel monster for at least 30 minutes...I want Storm throwing lightning and rain at this thing, while Wolverine climbing it and cutting its head off. I want to see Magneto throwing cars and Colossus ripping of their legs and arms.

But in the end most screen time will take place in the boring past...a past where the X-MEN haven't been founded yet...I am all hyped for the future but will mainly get the past...
    "For me, the relationship between Phoenix and Jean is primal and unbreakable, and transcends the brief interlude of Jean's physical existence on Earth"
    Chris Claremont, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Some pretty huge HUGE spoilers have been posted, so don't check this if you don't want to know anything about the movie (thought they might be fake):
    I kind of like all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Liquid! dominated in the X-books back then and I'm pretty sure they're still around.
    They made comics really pop, probably the first colorist that I ever took note of.

Kaiolino, that seems fake to me, maybe because it feels like it is too much. Maybe it is all back story and little of it will be in the movie?
    www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com

My blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I'm gonna have to pass on this because of the lack of Cyclops... I may watch it if this leads to a later movie retconing Cyke's death or a rebooted series that has Cyke in it.
    Yeah, this is where I am. Fox and their flouncing over Singer and Marsden doing Superman Returns which led to them killing Cyclops in X3 killed my interest in the whole franchise. The way they killed Jean and Xavier sucked too but at least Jean did die in the original Dark Phoenix saga even tho what they came up with was a pathetic travesty of a great story. But what they did to Cyclops was just like watching a movie franchise shoot itself in the foot because it really wanted to lose money. I'm at the 'wake me up when they bother making a movie that has Wolverine AND Cyclops in it again' point now. It's stopped me even caring about Wolverine's solo movies because until they fix what is looking like the unfixable stupidity of killing off the leader of the frickin' X-Men in a franchise called 'X-Men' I just can't get up the enthusiasm to give a shit.

If those turn out to be true I'd be fired up, as it sounds awesome and very much like something I'd like to see. It takes some liberties with the source material, sure, but I think it leaves things in a very, very interesting place moving forward. *pleasebetrue*

spoilers:
    The comments about Wolverine's mind remaining in his 1972 body and him possibly being converted into Apocalypse's Horseman of Death in the next film are intriguing, though a bit worrisome. They're worrisome solely because I could see them going the Ultimate Cable route with that character if they do this. Think about it. In 'X-men: Apocalypse' he gets manipulated and enhanced by Apocalypse and turned bad, so he has a reason to want to kill him once he breaks free of his control. XMA takes place in the past within the new First Class timeline. Wolverine is the only "link" between the two timelines now, since his consciousness stays in the new timeline in the past and his future is an alternate one. Imagine they then jump ahead to the present day and do 'X-Force' next. This provides the perfect set up for Jackman to show up with gray hair and scars (and possibly a metal arm) and put the X-Force team together in that film. Maybe I'm reaching here, but it seems a logical progression to me if these spoilers are true. Not sure if I could get behind that or not to be honest. Guess it all depends on the execution and whether or not it's well done.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 01-28-2014 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    If those turn out to be true I'd be fired up, as it sounds awesome and very much like something I'd like to see. It takes some liberties with the source material, sure, but I think it leaves things in a very, very interesting place moving forward. *pleasebetrue*

spoilers:
    The comments about Wolverine's mind remaining in his 1972 body and him possibly being converted into Apocalypse's Horseman of Death in the next film are intriguing, though a bit worrisome. They're worrisome solely because I could see them going the Ultimate Cable route with that character if they do this. Think about it. In 'X-men: Apocalypse' he gets manipulated and enhanced by Apocalypse and turned bad, so he has a reason to want to kill him once he breaks free of his control. XMA takes place in the past within the new First Class timeline. Wolverine is the only "link" between the two timelines now, since his consciousness stays in the new timeline in the past and his future is an alternate one. Imagine they then jump ahead to the present day and do 'X-Force' next. This provides the perfect set up for Jackman to show up with gray hair and scars (and possibly a metal arm) and put the X-Force team together in that film. Maybe I'm reaching here, but it seems a logical progression to me if these spoilers are true. Not sure if I could get behind that or not to be honest. Guess it all depends on the execution and whether or not it's well done.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't see how Apocalypse can take place in the past if he uses Wolverine's comatose powers from the future.
    end of spoilers
    X-Poster of the Month: November 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Oh, I didn't read that right at all. Sorry.

Spend your love on me Project Initiative Cascada's Avatar

If those spoilers are true, I will be pissed if Rogue really is cut. Her being portrayed with the Ms. Marvel like powers on screen is something fans have been longing to see for some time.

Of course they write Emma (Arguably one of the most powerful of any character in the film franchise) as a clueless bimbo that gets captured all the time. Jones certainly played the part, so I find it believable.
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 01-28-2014 at 04:13 PM.

Kaiolino, do you have a link for that spoiler stuff?
    Im curious
    Thanks

spoilers:
    Rumored spoilers from "X-Men: Days of Future Past".

Young Jean Grey appears in the past.

Cannonball appears in a mutant refugee camp in the future that is attacked by Sentinels.

Rogue has been captured so the Sentinels can duplicate her powers and use it against mutants. The X-Men later rescue her, and, due to the genetic manipulation done by the Sentinels, Rogue briefly displays super-strength and flight during the escape.

The Sentinels are made of magnetized plates and therefore can change their shape, becoming learner or bulkier. The addition of Rogue's powers makes them virtually unstoppable, which is why the X-Men decide to move forward with the last-ditch effort to change the outcome of the war by altering the past.

There is a mutant unit led by William Stryker that Havok and Toad are a part of, in 1972.

Banshee left the X-Men to be with his family, and Emma Frost has been captured by the government again, but Magneto isn't bothered to break her out yet again.

Mystique assassinates President Kennedy while Magneto tries to stop her, which results in him being captured and forced to join the unit. However, this is part of his plan, and Mystique later stages an attempt against President Nixon's life so Magneto can break out.

When Mystique goes to Saigon to help the mutant unit escape, Toad takes the opportunity, and is later recruited to Magneto's brotherhood.

The timeline "fractures" in the end. The original timeline (which includes "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", "X2", "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "The Wolverine") remains the same, and the new timeline (which includes "First Class") is a clean slate, in which anything could happen. Old Xavier mentions he is able to feel the other timeline still.

Young Beast and Old Mystique share a brief moment in which he apologizes for not creating a better future, and she apologizes for not being able to change the past. Beast still harbors a crush on her and even attacks Magneto during the Kennedy assassination, under assumption he's trying to hurt her.

Wolverine's mind remains in his 1972 body. His future self is left in a comatose state.

The X-Men's hideout is an ancient tomb where Apocalypse lies dormant, though he awakens in the end. The comatose Wolverine might become his first Horseman in "X-Men: Apocalypse".

There is a reference to the Fantastic Four.
    end of spoilers
    Well, with regards to those spoilers, we know for a fact that: spoilers:
    the part about Mystique being responsible for the JFK assassination and Magneto trying to stop her is mostly correct, based on the viral website TheBentBullet.com.
    end of spoilers
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton