View Poll Results: Will DOFP save the X-movies?

Voters
307. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

73 23.78%
  • No

60 19.54%
  • Reboot needed

130 42.35%
  • Maybe

73 23.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 41 of 560 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I actually hope that Marsden says out of the X-men movies. I don't think he was a good actor for Cyclops. I don't think he should play Cyclops ever again. The problem with Marsden (and this same problem played out in Superman Returns) is that his character is always a third heel. In Superman Returns, he was just another obstacle between Superman and Lois. In the entire X-men trilogy, he was just an obstacle between Wolverine and Jean Grey. He did absolutely nothing to capture Cyclops's leadership, personality, or charisma. He didn't even come off as a boy scout or anything of the sort. He was just this tool for Wolverine to disrespect and overcome. I mean look at all the things Wolverine took from him. First his motorcycle, then his girl, and then his role in the Phoenix Saga. And Marsden did nothing to make the audience care about his character or the ones he was close to in the slightest. He might as well have been CGI. It would have been the same thing.

I'm not saying that's all Marsden's fault, but this is the kind of type-casting Marsden often gets. He's the pretty boy that nobody likes or respects. He's the guy that the bad boy always upstages and screws over. That's not Cyclops. In the comics, it's the reverse. He was the one that screwed Wolverine over numerous times because he won Jean Grey's love, he led the team through its greatest crisis, and he was often right in the end because Wolverine is not someone who thinks before he acts. In order for Cyclops to have any chance, Marsden needs to stay out. I think someone new needs to take on his role and I think that actor needs to be more charismatic by orders of magnitude compared to Marsden. The X-men movies have messed up a lot of characters, but given Cyclops's role in the X-men comics over the past five years I don't think any movie that involves him can afford to keep doing that.
    He wasn't typecast in that role at the time, so I doubt that played into it, and he isn't really typecast that way now. Either way, it shouldn't matter what his other roles are. It has nothing to do with anything. Everything you're saying is a fault of the writing and direction. They just used Scott to prove how OMG BADASS Wolverine is, which is just kind of juvenile, pandering filmmaking. It has nothing to do with the quality of Marsden as an actor or Cyclops as a character. He just needs to be written better.

Also, even if he's in a minor role, I want him back in this movie, if for no other reason than the character deserves better than an offscreen death in a crappy movie.

What makes people think Pixie will be in this movie? I haven't read one single line about her in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    What makes people think Pixie will be in this movie? I haven't read one single line about her in this movie.
    didn't we already had Pixie in X-Men First Class??? Or where is the difference between Pixie and that Angel version? Would be really pointless to get a character like Pixie in Days of Future Past...

Has Marsden said anything about DoFP? I thought he was great as Cyclops, his only problem was that he was casted for wolverine movies, not X-men movies.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    James Marsden was and is the best ever and started my attraction for him and Cyclops. He was awesome and hot. Marsden does so much better in more serious roles, so I don't get the whole comedy thing he's been doing lately. Unf.

Omgomgomg Emma Stone as Pixie??? She's totally flamboyant and energetic enough.

No, the actor to play Pixie needs to be one of those teen, diva singers.... But the cool kind.
    OMG Miley Cyrus as Pixie!!!

lol I can see Miley.
    [x]

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    Has Marsden said anything about DoFP? I thought he was great as Cyclops, his only problem was that he was casted for wolverine movies, not X-men movies.
    He's only said he'd be willing to return to the role. However, there were reports last month that the producers were trying to get him and Halle Berry back and Hugh Jackman said that pretty much every X-Man from the film series would return. Singer recently made that comment that he wasn't ignoring X3 outright, but due to some of the choices made, he wanted to "clean up" parts of it. I think there's a fair chance Marsden will be back. He never died onscreen and Singer seems to like him.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenetik View Post
    didn't we already had Pixie in X-Men First Class??? Or where is the difference between Pixie and that Angel version? Would be really pointless to get a character like Pixie in Days of Future Past...
    Teen girl demographic. You think the cadre of ticketbuyers in the premium marketing demographic are going to want to watch the travails of old ass Kitty Pryde? They'd be bored stiff! It'd be like texting your mom, and she drops a "Y U NO!" meme and embarasses you for ever being extricated from her birth canal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    Teen girl demographic. You think the cadre of ticketbuyers in the premium marketing demographic are going to want to watch the travails of old ass Kitty Pryde? They'd be bored stiff! It'd be like texting your mom, and she drops a "Y U NO!" meme and embarasses you for ever being extricated from her birth canal.
    They have Katniss for the teen girl demographic. And Ellen Page is forever 16.

Quote Originally Posted by refrax5 View Post
    He's only said he'd be willing to return to the role. However, there were reports last month that the producers were trying to get him and Halle Berry back and Hugh Jackman said that pretty much every X-Man from the film series would return. Singer recently made that comment that he wasn't ignoring X3 outright, but due to some of the choices made, he wanted to "clean up" parts of it. I think there's a fair chance Marsden will be back. He never died onscreen and Singer seems to like him.
    I think they should reveal that Sinister has him and is experimenting with his DNA and Jean's (though Jean should remain dead IMO). Then Sinister could be the big bad in the next X-men movie, along with the Marauders. After the credits scene reveals Apocalypse as his master. Something like that would be awesome IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    They have Katniss for the teen girl demographic. And Ellen Page is forever 16.
    Ellen Page is a dowager compared to today's teen market.

Juno came out when the teen masses were in elementary school!

The pretense of days past seems to have stained the lady Paige. The dated face of hip(ster) circa 2007...

Recast her as doubty, awkward Ameri-Jubes. just ram her in there.
    Two tons of fun

That was around the same time when Pixie had her big break.

I for one am stoked that Anna, Ellen and Shawn are signed on for the film. Anna especially, cause I've always enjoyed her work and think she's a fine actress. I hope we get to see more Rogue/Wolverine moments cause I really enjoyed their relationship in the first two films.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    That was around the same time when Pixie had her big break.
    That was Pixie pre-Fraction. She blossomed forth only a few short years back.