View Poll Results: Will DOFP save the X-movies?

Voters
311. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

75 24.12%
  • No

60 19.29%
  • Reboot needed

132 42.44%
  • Maybe

73 23.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 21 of 568 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scream View Post
    Yes it is an exagerration. The first movie played it's part, but there would have been superhero movies with or without that movie.
    not big budget super duper effects famous actors type of movies. look some old thor/hulk captain america movies to die from your own vomit . X-men because of their popularity people invested in them. noone invested in the avengers that's why marvel has the rights. so no x-movies means no spider movies propably and no ff avengers electra DD GR Avengers and whatever comic movie i don't remember :P

Quote Originally Posted by Scream View Post
    Yes it is an exagerration. The first movie played it's part, but there would have been superhero movies with or without that movie.
    no, there would not have been. marvel would've had no money. TO DO ANYTHING. no spider-man. no establishing their own studios.

http://www.forbes.com/2010/02/01/pet...urnaround.html

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    not big budget super duper effects famous actors type of movies. look some old thor/hulk captain america movies to die from your own vomit . X-men because of their popularity people invested in them. noone invested in the avengers that's why marvel has the rights. so no x-movies means no spider movies propably and no ff avengers electra DD GR Avengers and whatever comic movie i don't remember :P
    yup.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Studios

Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Singer should get Sigourney for future White Queen like he planned for X3. :3
    He should grab Sigourney AND Angie B. Let's get it right this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Chang View Post
    no, there would not have been. marvel would've had no money. TO DO ANYTHING. no spider-man. no establishing their own studios.

http://www.forbes.com/2010/02/01/pet...urnaround.html
    Spider-man was on the table for years and only began filming when it got out of development hell, this was a movie that would have come out regardless. So yeah it is an exaggeration.

Looks like we can expect some of the other popular characters/concepts in the X-franchise to make it to the big screen at some point: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42105

Asked if there were any specific characters from the X-Men world that he'd like to get on the screen sooner rather than later, Millar did play a little shy, though he noted some obvious picks for longtime fans. "That's such a hard question to answer because all the characters I'd want to use, we're already planning on using in some way," he said. "I flew out to LA and talked to Fox, having a days worth of meetings to hammer out ideas. There's an amazing amount of potential in the X-Men universe. It's almost a Marvel Universe in itself in that you can build up to so many great stories and so many great characters. I hesitate to name names, but let's say that all the ones you like and everyone you'd expect, we'll have them. It's insane to have the crown jewel and not expect to wear them.

"You have to remember that Fox grabbed the X-Men back in the '90s because it was the biggest franchise in the world. So X-Force or Cable or Deadpool -- all these amazing characters are things we haven't really gotten to yet. 'X-Force' #1 was the second biggest book of all time behind Jim Lee's 'X-Men' #1, so there's an immediate brand recognition to that stuff and a build in fanbase. You go to any convention in the world, and you'll see 20 people dressed as Deadpool. In a lot of ways, these are Marvel's coolest characters, so I want to remind people of that and build on what we already have. I think there's a great foundation, and just from basic conversations, we've come up with ten movies we could do. These things cost $150 million each to make, so we have to pick and choose what we want to do."
    Whoo.

Posted this rant on another forum:

I know I talk about Cyclops alot, so forgive me, but this is my Cyclops/X4 rant

His death was so ominous, he could easily come back in X4, especially with the time travel stuff being introduced. Maybe the Phoenix Force sent him to the apocalyptic future?

If you dont have strong male characters outside of Wolverine, X4 will struggle. I believe a strong Cyclops would be great on screen.

Marvel/Disney have it totally nailed on how to do the boy scout leader and make him cool against the popular tough guy (Iron Man). I have 3 ideas for improving Cyclops in the X-films

1. Maybe not having a girl in between Ironman/Captain America helps Marvel a lot in being able to make CA and Iron Man both butt heads but still get along and look cool. I think Jean holds Cyclops back on the big screen. The average viewer would rather see Wolvie/Jean, so Cyke gets downplayed (X3) to push for Wolvie/Jean. If Cyke comes back, have him and Jean be done.

2. Cyclops is more than optic blasts. Anytime in X1-3 where Cyke could have been given the time to shine, more often than not the opportunity was given to wolverine (in X3, when wolverine leads the mutants against Jean for example), or he gets knocked out to make the enemy seem like a threat. Example of that, in X2 when the claw chick knocks out Cyke and kidnaps Xavier (thats what went down right? Havent watched it in a while). Thats such bull crap. Cyclops should be displayed as a hawkeye/black widow hand-to-hand fighter in the films. Because he IS that. He can fight anyone, he may not win strictly with his own martial arts, but he's insanely capable in hand-to-hand fighting. let him show that off on screen, let him show his leadership skills.

3. Cyclops has optic blasts, and they **** **** up

Do some scenes like this

Well, yeah. Cyclops is one of the main X-Men characters and he was relegated to an incredibly small role. I remember reading that one of the earlier drafts focused on both he and Wolverine and their rivalry with one another, which I think would have been the better way to go. But that was always my complaint about the X-Men movies. Almost all of the characters get shoved to the side for Wolverine. What I liked about Avengers, in comparison, was that almost all of the characters got pretty ample room to shine and even the two that didn't like each other (Cap and Iron Man) both came out looking cool and likable.

I really hope we get Cyclops in a stronger role in the future. Wouldn't mind seeing Cable or a younger version of Nightcrawler, either.

^^^^Exactly Avengers handled giving both the bad boy and the boy scout quality screen time and attention. I'd love to see Cable as well

Cable is coming according to Millar. And, yes, Cyclops definitely needs a bigger role. I'd probably recast him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by refrax5 View Post
    Well, yeah. Cyclops is one of the main X-Men characters and he was relegated to an incredibly small role. I remember reading that one of the earlier drafts focused on both he and Wolverine and their rivalry with one another, which I think would have been the better way to go. But that was always my complaint about the X-Men movies. Almost all of the characters get shoved to the side for Wolverine. What I liked about Avengers, in comparison, was that almost all of the characters got pretty ample room to shine and even the two that didn't like each other (Cap and Iron Man) both came out looking cool and likable.

I really hope we get Cyclops in a stronger role in the future. Wouldn't mind seeing Cable or a younger version of Nightcrawler, either.
    The Avengers cast skewed much older than the original X cast, and I'd peg that as the reason for the Wolverine, dominance intentional or not. It would be a better film if it were redone now with most of them portraying the same character with the actors thirteen years older. Barring perhaps Ian Mckellen who I've always felt was miscast physically despite being a great actor.
    Last edited by Rotm; 11-11-2012 at 03:05 PM.

I can't see them giving Cyclops a larger part in the movie even if Cable is showing up. They will probably not mention any connection or just make Havoc his dad or something. Not like they care about following comic continuity all that much anyway.

I really don't get why they are trying to tie in all these old movies. It just feels so unnecessary. I guess they want to ensure the movie succeeds and they think linking them to the other movies will help with that, or they are just too scared to do anything X-Men related without it connecting to Hugh Jackman's Wolverine. I really wish they would have done a proper reboot though. Just kind of sad seeing franchises like Batman, Avengers and Spiderman pass over the X-Men when they used to easily be the most successful.

Reboots are lazy.

BANNED

I'm all for a reboot, but please no recasting Hugh Jackman and James Marsden. They are both beyond adorable.

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Reboots are lazy.
    Agreed. There are plenty of other characters and stories to use in the current, reimagined Fox Marvel Universe. Let's just trudge ahead and clean up what we can along the way.

"We" being the film casts and crews.

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do