View Poll Results: Would you expect a Ben Reilly SS book to sell better than a Kaine SS book?

Voters
71. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

45 63.38%
  • No

26 36.62%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omnihallows View Post
    If Ben and Kaine are clones, why when Ben died, his body decomposed, but when Kaine died in Grim Hunt, died as a normal person? this gives a good chance of a return of Ben or np?

Let's also include the fact that when the Gwen clone was killed in the Spider-Island one shot she didn't decompose either.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dragon View Post
    Let's also include the fact that when the Gwen clone was killed in the Spider-Island one shot she didn't decompose either.
    Jackal-made clones do not decompose when they die, period. Typically for poorly made clones they die because they decompose, not the other way around. According to the Life of Reilly the writers of Revelations knew this too, but they decided to ignore the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Definite21 View Post
    Bring Back Ben!!!!!!

so ben died in "revelations" when he saved pete from the glider and then turned to goop. but has that since been reconned by omd or that recent "clone saga" mini???? i hope they bring him back. he had the best spider costume ever!
    Clone Saga mini is not in 616 canon.
    Last edited by Probalus; 05-26-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    Jackal-made clones do not decompose when they die, period. Typically for poorly made clones they die because they decompose, not the other way around. According to the Life of Reilly the writers of Revelations knew this too, but they decided to ignore the rule.

Clone Saga mini is not in 616 canon.

but Kaine was the first clone, fall and degenerated and Ben was the second but much best, this not make sense, ben must back as secondary character unless

All good points on why Ben should still be alive

I think there's a lot of ways Ben could easily come back if they wanted. And I hope he returns eventually, but I just don't see it happening now. Some people on here have said it might be interesting if Ben returns under the Jackal's control and acts as a recurring bad guy for Kaine for a while and ultimately Kaine has to save and redeem HIM the way Ben tried to do for Kaine all those years earlier. Some years down the road, maybe Ben could be a part of Kaine's supporting cast or a recurring character. Or maybe, one day, the title will be "Scarlet Spiders" and it'll be the two very diffrent brothers working together, buddy-cop style.

But like I said, I don't see it happening for a while. Also, as I've said on here before, as annoyed as I was when I realized the new Scarlet Spider was going to be Kaine instead of Ben, I love the current series. It's totally won me over. Kaine is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters, and I don't want Kaine to go back to villainy or die or anything to get Ben back. The current series is going great at the moment.

There already are multiple Scarlet Spiders:
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    There already are multiple Scarlet Spiders
    Technically, there's now only ONE of those Scarlet Spiders left, but there's room for him, Ben and Kaine IMHO.

Cheers.

James.
    Any Dream worth Having Is A Dream worth Fighting For.

Agreed I am happy how the new scarlet spider series is going....but they could change Kaine to crimson spider or something as he doesn't even like the scarlet spider name.....or they could have Ben take up a new mantle like the crimson spider or just the spectacular spiderman. On another note what ever became of the last scarlet spider clone from that group?

Quote Originally Posted by rdfnd1253 View Post
    Agreed I am happy how the new scarlet spider series is going....but they could change Kaine to crimson spider or something as he doesn't even like the scarlet spider name.....or they could have Ben take up a new mantle like the crimson spider or just the spectacular spiderman. On another note what ever became of the last scarlet spider clone from that group?
    I'd like to see Kaine remain the Scarlet Spider and meet Patrick (I'm pretty sure its Michael and Van who didn't survive!). Its an encounter I am waiting to see (I hope Chris Yost is reading this! )

As to what happened to the one remaining Scarlet Spider of the "red team" he was seen quite recently in the pages of FEAR ITSELF: YOUTH IN REVOLT at the end of last year.

Cheers.

James.
    Any Dream worth Having Is A Dream worth Fighting For.

Bring back Ben! Haha sorry need to keep this around so marvel gets the hint. I have waited 15 years or more and think us Ben fans deserve our duvs. As for Kaine, he is now my second fvorite character behind Ben Reilly but seeing kaine and Ben team up would be the ultimate marvel moment for me.....ohhhh dreams

I really liked Ben. Just not as the real Peter Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    I really liked Ben. Just not as the real Peter Parker.
    Agreed! They should of kept him as the clone and everyone would of been happy......they should make it up to us Ben fans and bring him back. Let him wander the US trying to find where he really belongs in life, now that he would know he is the clone.

Bring back Ben : )