Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: LIVE: Brubaker and Guice Warm Up "Winter Soldier"

Marvel is holding its latest "Next Big Thing" press conference call right now, revealing more details on Ed Brubaker and Butch Guice's "Winter Soldier," announced in "Fear Itself" 7.1."

Full article here.

BANNED

FIRST!
    OMG 2 of my top 3 fav Artist (Lee Bermejo, gabrielle dell otto........ and my absent 3rd fav is jh williams) are providing covers for this
    badass
    Last edited by Movieartman; 11-03-2011 at 12:22 PM.

I'm glad to hear that Bru planned to "kill" Bucky in the gulag and they just pushed it to Fear itself. I would have liked it to happen in Captain America, just like the "death" of Steve happened in CA and not Civil War.
    In war the elders may give the orders, but it's the young who have to fight.

"There will be some classic Marvel bad guys involved in the series, but a lot of stuff in the first few arcs will be new characters with ties to Bucky's secret past during the Cold War and throughout his history." -Ed Brubaker

Cold War! Cold War! Cold War!
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

Wink

No, thanks. First Marvel spoiled Cap's death in the press, then they have Bucky's second "death" happen in some event comic that I wasn't even reading.

I'm a big fan of Bru's, and I'll continue reading his Criminal and Incognito stuff, but I'm passing on this and any more Cap.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by minimalistx View Post
    No, thanks. First Marvel spoiled Cap's death in the press, then they have Bucky's second "death" happen in some event comic that I wasn't even reading.
    I'm a big fan of Bru's, and I'll continue reading his Criminal and Incognito stuff, but I'm passing on this and any more Cap.
    he dont give a crap trust me
    im so sick of people saying that just cus they didnt like what someone did it must mean that what they did was bad or wrong
    Last edited by Movieartman; 11-03-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    he dont give a crap trust me
    im so sick of people saying that just cus they didnt like what someone did it must mean that what they did was bad or wrong
    I'm not blaming Bru, I'm just spending my $ elsewhere.

Immortal Weapon Prince Of Orphans's Avatar

So psyched for this series!!! Been waiting for this for a while. I saw him mention corporate espionage... wonder if Bucky takes on Roxxon? Would be great to see him battle the evils of corporate and political corruption :)

BANNED

only 2:99....................................... F@@K YESSSSSS

I love that Bucky's not staying sidelined. He's too good of a character to let fall by the wayside.

HAVING SAID THAT..... Death is such a joke in comics.

Among the many differences between the Matrix sequels and the original is the issue of vulnerability. In the first movie, you actually believed that Neo was in danger and that the agents were credible threats. Face an agent head on and you die. In the sequels, even Morpheus might as well have been Superman. You're never once afraid for your characters because they're untouchable. Even if Neo gets blinded in the real world, he somehow remains impossibly superhuman. The danger level is nil.

In comics, it's no different. Make death temporary and we don't fear our bad guys. We don't fear for our good guys. Fake us out by telling us that "he wasn't really dead" and we'll never believe a damn word you say again. Resurrection cheapens death and lying cheapens the entire storytelling experience. If it's the journey that matters more than the destination then don't lie to us about where we're going. Surprises and shocks are nice and necessary in storytelling, but overusing them turns them into cheap gimmicks. M Night Shyamalan anyone?

Again, I'm excited that we're going to see more Winter Soldier stuff, but really annoyed how we got here.

This is already my favorite comic!
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

Well this just jump to the top of my pull list.Winter Soldier aka Bucky is my favorite Marvel character going today and Bru is my favorite writer.Can't wait for this bad boys release.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Logan View Post
    Well this just jump to the top of my pull list.Winter Soldier aka Bucky is my favorite Marvel character going today and Bru is my favorite writer.Can't wait for this bad boys release.
    Yeah. I feel the same way. It took me a while to warm up to him, but now I kinda prefer him to Steve. The death issue? Some things just ignite the flame of nerd rage for me.

Hahaha, CBR edited out the comment about mean fans on twitter.

I'm excited about this, but I gotta ask ...

Am I the only one that REALLY preferred the "new Captain America" costume to the old one? Black shoes to big red boots? Black pants to bright blue pants? Practical gloves to the current ones?

Dang, I'm gonna miss that costume.... :(