Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Can anyone summarise what I have to know from fables to buy fairest?

Ok rpiske, basically, Sleeping Beauty is one of the main reasons why Fabletown was able to defeat the Adversary and make the empire fall in the first place. Much of the Adversary's power was centralized where Sleeping Beauty was placed to sleep for an eternity. Also there was the Snow Queen, who was the Adversary's right-hand woman. As a result of Sleeping Beauty's sleep, she and many citizens of the empire fell asleep.
    After destruction ensued by some mischevious trolls(?), Sleeping Beauty and Snow Queen were moved from the capital of the Adversary's land. Also, the Adversary's homeland was practically destroyed, leaving the two fairest ladies to be the only survivors. This is where Fairest begins.

I'm sure Fairest will recap the relevant information for new readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Painter View Post
    Ok rpiske, basically, Sleeping Beauty is one of the main reasons why Fabletown was able to defeat the Adversary and make the empire fall in the first place. Much of the Adversary's power was centralized where Sleeping Beauty was placed to sleep for an eternity. Also there was the Snow Queen, who was the Adversary's right-hand woman. As a result of Sleeping Beauty's sleep, she and many citizens of the empire fell asleep.
    After destruction ensued by some mischevious trolls(?), Sleeping Beauty and Snow Queen were moved from the capital of the Adversary's land. Also, the Adversary's homeland was practically destroyed, leaving the two fairest ladies to be the only survivors. This is where Fairest begins.
    Alright thanks.
    So is Snow Queen the antagonist and sleeping beauty the protagonist?

Quote Originally Posted by sethysquare View Post
    Alright thanks.
    So is Snow Queen the antagonist and sleeping beauty the protagonist?
    Well we aren't sure, it may be the kidnappers of both.

Basically, like after the fall of all great Empires, ambitious men wish to pick up the pieces. During the fighting one Imperial claimant kidnaps both Sleeping Beauty(Briar Rose) and the Snow Queen(Lumi), then burns down the imperial Capital. We last see Briar Rose and Lumi sleeping in the back of a wagon travelling with an army of goblins.

Started getting into Fables early last year. I'm currently in the middle of Vol.12 The Dark Ages, and I've read Jack of Fables through Vol.6 The Big Book of War, plus Cinderella: From Fabletown with Love.

My question is, how were 1001 Nights of Snowfall and Peter and Max: A Fables Novel?

Also, any idea when Werewolves of the Heartland will be out in tpb?

Quote Originally Posted by mattbib View Post
    My question is, how were 1001 Nights of Snowfall and Peter and Max: A Fables Novel?

1. 1001 Nights of Snowfall was great. It give more backstory to many of the Fables characters both main cast and the lesser known characters.

1b. Peter and Max I thought was a pretty good read if you a big Fables fan I would say try it out it really adds to the universe Willingham has created and we see the world with a Fable that has not shown up much. We also learn the reason why Fables could not have children early on in the book.

2. I believe sometime in November.

Quote Originally Posted by mattbib View Post
    I'd assume it has to come out in HC first.

You know, one thing that always puzzled me about Fables is which fictional characters count as Fables. The order of the day used to be "fairy tale characters", but that also included a number of nursery rhyme characters. Also, there are other characters from fiction that pop up like Mowgli, Ichabod Crane and I believe Prospero from Shakespeare's "The Tempest" is in there with the other magicians from Floor 13.

So, I've been wondering, what about playground rhymes? Is Miss Mary Mack who dresses in black a Fable? What about Miss Suzie? Has any Fable ever been raised on the banks of the Hanky-Panky where the bullfrogs jump from bank-to-banky? And has Cinderella ever dressed in yella and went upstairs to kiss a fella? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

I am willing to bet that all of them count.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    You know, one thing that always puzzled me about Fables is which fictional characters count as Fables.
    I believe anyone in the public domain and Bill wants to use.
    "The evil I can tolerate, but the stupidity!!!"

Holy cow, this series has me hook, line and sinker. I just finished Fables: The Homelands and can't wait to get the next trade.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

Is anyone else out there suddenly afraid to go to sleep for the fear of seeing a toy boat show up in their dreams?

Quote Originally Posted by Armaan View Post
    Is anyone else out there suddenly afraid to go to sleep for the fear of seeing a toy boat show up in their dreams?
    That steamboat is creepy. And that final splash page was spectacular, what an awesome combination of "cheery,cheery, toys and happy!" with "EVIL!!"

I thought it was a great start to the new arc. I wonder if the ESW Winds will lay off their murder plans now that they are happier about how the new North Wind is coming along.

Also, I loved seeing Snow doing the Mom thing with Therese and Bigby doing the Dad thing with Winter. Those scenes gave me the warm fuzzies.

I feel that Fables setup issues are some of the best out there. I really looking foward to the seeing what the Winds are planning and how Winter's training will go.

Like others have said the steamboat was creepy, I love evil toys and I want to see how the amazing Fables art work shows other demonish toys.