Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eDKeener View Post
    Just finished the newest issue last night! Holy crud what a cliffhanger ending. Can't wait to see how this gets resolved, and if it'll be a good ending for all involved.
    Holy Crud is right. Given this series track record, I don't know if we can ever expect a happy ending for all. That might be it for poor Bigby.

Wanderer of Kildre Hill eDKeener's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Holy Crud is right. Given this series track record, I don't know if we can ever expect a happy ending for all. That might be it for poor Bigby.
    I agree. In most comics something like that happens and you automatically just shrug it off because you know that a main character won't stay dead for long. But in this one I'm not sure if there will be a good out or not. Plus I wonder what's going to happen when Snow gets back with a sword of her own and takes the fight to Brandish.

Read Fairest #15 this week. Kind of confused on the timeline for when this story takes place. It would have to be before the invasion of the homeland, unless it's bringing back a character thought dead in that arc. Good story though, and looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Read Fairest #15 this week. Kind of confused on the timeline for when this story takes place. It would have to be before the invasion of the homeland, unless it's bringing back a character thought dead in that arc. Good story though, and looking forward to seeing where it goes.
    The timeline is definitely getting confusing.... we have Bufkin's story taking place seemingly hundreds of years into the future (I know it says he never comes back, but still).. then the 'Cubs in Toyland' arc... That clearly takes place AFTER what's going on now, but how far after is still up in the air. Judging by Therese's age when she returns, it could be several years, but I'm sure time was running differently there than in the 'real' world, so maybe it's just a bit after the current story.. we know it has to BE after, since Bigby wouldn't have still be looking for Dare if it wasn't.

Then there's Fairest... the 1st arc was clear... it happened pretty much in time with Fables (since the car-witch is in the current story), but the 2nd one, who knows? Since Jack is involved, it seems to be from a while ago, but nothing really places it.

I haven't read 15 yet (I do the DCBS thing, so I'll not have it for a couple weeks), but yeah, I'm thinking we might need a timeline soon :)

Also if the guy wanting to chat about Snow and her role is still around, speak up.. I'd be happy to discuss as well :D

Time passed differently in Discardia so only about 10 days has passed for Snow et al. whereas years have gone by for Therese.

I believe Rapunzel's story in Fairest takes place before even the invasion of Fabletown by the wooden soldiers.
    [Insert signature here ]

I agree that time passed differently, but Therese coming home definitely takes place AFTER the current story with Brandish... otherwise, why would Bigby have still been searching?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Enemigo View Post
    I have one question though. For the amazing reviews... I bought the first Hardcover Deluxe edition. SO I can start digging into this world. Love the premise and I dying to have some free time to read it all. One question though:

The HC does not include the covers of the issues right? is there a special book for that? :/
    I have all six hardcovers myself and they contain every single issue cover including variant ones and trade wraparound covers. Found before the beginning of each chapter. Only the "Fables" title, the barcode and the Vertigo masthead has been removed.

Does anybody here collect the Fables deluxe editions? If yes, how many feel that we are continuously getting lesser content for the same price? For instance, the sixth deluxe edition contained only six issues and it cost thirty bucks.

its weird that they made the last two Deluxe Editions (thats out) have partial arcs.

Deluxe Edition 4 was TPB Vol 5 minus issue 22. 6 issues worth.
    Deluxe Edition 5 was TPB Vol 6 and the first half of TPB Vol 7. 12 issues worth.
    Deluxe Edition 6 was the second half of TPB Vol 7 and all of TPB Vol 8. 6 issues worth.

(Upcoming)
    Deluxe Edition 7 will be TPB Vol 9 plus issue issue 64. 9 issues worth.

So i think it's all based on how much issues are in a story arcs.

As to why they did DE5 & 6 that way, i do not know, maybe someone messed up. They could of had DE5 only contain TBP Vol 6 (which would make it 8 issues) and DE6 have TPB Vols 7-8 (which would make it 10 issues)

I dont know LOL...
    Last edited by echo_808; 05-26-2013 at 05:24 AM.

The solicitation for the 8th Deluxe Edition states that it will contain #60-63, 65-69 which is actually an issue less than the 10th trade collection. But the page count is given as 232 while the TPB containing #60-69 is 240. So, even with one less issue, it's almost close to the page count of the TPB. Wonder what extra content they're going to include this time...

Just read the latest issue this weekend. Again not sure how this is going to turn out good, especially with the Bigby developement. And they at least tied up the timeline issues with the last couple of pages.

Just read the latest issue this weekend. Again not sure how this is going to turn out good, especially with the Bigby developement. And they at least tied up the timeline issues with the last couple of pages.

Yeah, that placed Therese's adventures, so that was good. Now I'm wondering about the last issue of Fairest, though.. there's really no hit at all if it was months ago, or current, or what.

I'm interested in checking out Fables or one of its tie-ins. I don't really know much about it but I want to try it out. Is it best to try it out with the first arc of Fables or with the Prequel mini-series or something else?
    My Current Top 10: The Walking Dead, Wolverine and the X-Men, Aquaman, Batman, Uncanny Avengers, Invincible, Thor: God of Thunder, All New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men and New Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I'm interested in checking out Fables or one of its tie-ins. I don't really know much about it but I want to try it out. Is it best to try it out with the first arc of Fables or with the Prequel mini-series or something else?

Are you going to check out the Unwritten arc #'s 50-54 I believe and it us a Fables story

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    If you're new to the series, I'd start with the first trade.. the 1st 50 issues or so are one big storyline, really. The other stuff is all more enjoyable once you've read about and know the characters.