Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Great issue, and I'm definitely sure the space sections of the story are a dream now; the correlation between thinking about a reward for the plan to finding gold on Mars seems like too much of a coincidence unless it's a dream.

I dunno, I get the impression that the space scenes really happened, though maybe they were just and elaborate simulation. One that happens to parallel and reinforce the main plot. Otherwise, why would the wider public recognize Orson as a 'spaceman'?

Regardless, this book is so well done and I can't wait to see what happens with Orson's seedy underworld tour.
    Who wants to save the world? That's what misers do...

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Still getting used to the slang but other than that this book is great! I'm especially loving Risso's art, he's on his A game right now.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

Well I assume they'd recognize him as a Spaceman because he is a hulking genetically enhanced creature made for space.

It was explicitly stated they never made it to space, and we learned from the kidnapper Orson and the others were only children when the program ended and that the government told the public the spacemen all found loving foster homes...only this was probably a lie as Orson said he was in a orphanage not a foster home.

So, unless they were the same size they are now when they were children I don't think we're seeing flash backs to their actual mission or training sessions.

I really think this issue cemented that they are dreams, it just seems too convenient that at the same time he's introduced to the dilemma of trading her in for a reward or just keeping her safe he has a flash back of a similar dilemma about seeking a reward or continuing the mission. That just seems like a conscious thought playing out in his subconscious mind to me.

I'm thinking more and more that those space scenes are just dreams. Either way issue #4 was another solid read. I'm getting used to the slang, although with 2 months in between last issue and this one my understanding of the slang got a little rusty. But whatever brahda's I can't wait for next issue to see what happens to Orson and Tara.

Me brain I brain it oh kee.

The slang is one of my favorite parts of the book.

What I want to know though is how Lilly and her friends found Orson at the end, I mean I know they tracked his signal but how'd they know he went to the sunken city?

Risso's artwork is blowing me away as always but I have to say, I'm just not feeling the story very much. Aside for the difficulty of following the slang, the whole thing just feels a bit ordinary to me. It may well read much better when it's all done but, for now at least, I'm somewhat underwhelmed.
    Check out my latest movie review: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Another fun installment.

I liked how they tried to track him through texts.

The continued use of Orson's dreams leaves me wondering if an of it is related to the actual fate of his brothers, I wonder if we'll ever learn what actually happened to them.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Another fun installment.

I liked how they tried to track him through texts.

I @#$%ing this books.

Say.
    Who's there?

...I'm not sure I even know what that means...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilash View Post
    Risso's artwork is blowing me away as always but I have to say, I'm just not feeling the story very much. Aside for the difficulty of following the slang, the whole thing just feels a bit ordinary to me. It may well read much better when it's all done but, for now at least, I'm somewhat underwhelmed.
    Most of Azzarello's work is like that. I'm enjoying the installments but I do feel like I need to go back and pore over the whole thing from the beginning.

Risso is just killing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by allstarmatches View Post
    Most of Azzarello's work is like that. I'm enjoying the installments but I do feel like I need to go back and pore over the whole thing from the beginning.

Risso is just killing it though.
    Except Wonder Woman isn't like that at all. It's a terrific read on an issue by issue basis. But yeah, after having read the first HC of 100 Bullets, I can't imagine reading that in monthly installments.
    Check out my latest movie review: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

This may be the best issue since the introductory issue, I loved the interactions between Carter and Orson and I'm excited to see more of that in the coming issues.

If you were looking for confirmation on the Mars subplot this was the issue for you.

Their discussion about their brothers was pretty interesting, I really do wonder what happened to the other Spacemen.