Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: DEFENSIVE MEASURES: Iron Fist & Red She-Hulk

In today's installment of DEFENSIVE MEASURES, our week-long look at Marvel Comics' upcoming "Defenders" series, writer Matt Fraction joins us to discuss teammates Iron Fist and Red She-Hulk.

Full article here.

Welcome to the Future. HeroxMatt2.0's Avatar

These articles continue to make this series look really cool.

And I quite like the idea Red She Hulk having a "big ass sword".
    You are an apocalypse dreaming of butterflies
    and
    we are a patchwork of miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroxMatt2.0 View Post
    These articles continue to make this series look really cool.

And I quite like the idea Red She Hulk having a "big ass sword".
    I like it too. It gives her a little something extra... Fraction's putting some cool ideas into this series...

Welcome to the Future. HeroxMatt2.0's Avatar

Yeah it does differentiate her from everyone else, in a way. Although Fraction keeps referring to his characters as real life people, or like other fictional characters. Like he called Iron Fist Steve Jobs and Richard Branson and he called She Hulk Johnny Knoxville and Indiana Jones ... I wonder why he doesn't just write them like the characters themselves? It's cool that he's exploring outside influences, but I don't think every character needs to be described like someone from pop culture. We already know what these characters are like.
    You are an apocalypse dreaming of butterflies
    and
    we are a patchwork of miracles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    I like it too. It gives her a little something extra... Fraction's putting some cool ideas into this series...
    Fraction is usually good at ideas, his execution is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroxMatt2.0 View Post
    Yeah it does differentiate her from everyone else, in a way. Although Fraction keeps referring to his characters as real life people, or like other fictional characters. Like he called Iron Fist Steve Jobs and Richard Branson and he called She Hulk Johnny Knoxville and Indiana Jones ... I wonder why he doesn't just write them like the characters themselves? It's cool that he's exploring outside influences, but I don't think every character needs to be described like someone from pop culture. We already know what these characters are like.
    That may just be how his mind works in trying to find the character's "voice". Some of these character's don't have a defined voice, so I can see why he'd do that. Red She-Hulk is still in the process of being defined. He helped define the modern Iron Fist, he's trying to redefine the modern somewhat de-powered Doctor Strange. A lot of authors do that- find a starting point using another model or archetype and go from there. And some of this is marketing to folks who maybe don't know the characters. So I can dig it.

Anyway, I'm psyched to try out the series!

BANNED

really warmed up to the commentary on betty. i'm definitely looking forward to what fraction has planned for her.

not too concerned with danny. he's awesome no matter what he does.

...hmm...nick fury and silver surfer tomorrow. hope this means namor is friday!

Default Get rid Betty!

Get rid of Betty and bring in Jen! The original She-Hulk is all Fraction described for Betty, plus sex personified, sure to stir things up among the other Defenders. ~ Hype
    We didn't choose to be what we are. And it could be argued that this life choose us. We live it. With all its changes & challenges.
    Donna Troy, Graduation Day

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    -- hope this means Namor is Friday!
    I'll be checking out this book because of Dr. Strange and the Sub-Mariner! ~ Hype
    We didn't choose to be what we are. And it could be argued that this life choose us. We live it. With all its changes & challenges.
    Donna Troy, Graduation Day

BANNED

jen walters is so 20th century. i like doc strange too! hope you caught fraction's interview about him yesterday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion322 View Post
    Get rid of Betty and bring in Jen! The original She-Hulk is all Fraction described for Betty, plus sex personified, sure to stir things up among the other Defenders. ~ Hype
    im glad its betty on the team but dude..................... that statement was freaking awesome

Looking forward to this.

I am not reading New Avengers anymore,so i am glad that Defenders features Iron Fist.

Red She Hulk is a interesting character in this team.
    The first team of Defenders had Hulk,so its interesting to red she hulk apear in the newest Defenders.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

it sounds so simple. but consider that She-Hulk is also part of Nighthawk's Defenders team. how do you involve She-Hulk in this without dissing the other group.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    it sounds so simple. but consider that She-Hulk is also part of Nighthawk's Defenders team. how do you involve She-Hulk in this without dissing the other group.
    Nighthawk's Defenders team seems to only exist in the Joe Kelly-verse.

I'm not sure its been even mentioned anywhere outside of Last Defenders and Vengeance.

Agree 100%. We need more Jen.. not party-colored imitations.