View Poll Results: How would you like to see Pamela Isley/Poison Ivy portrayed?

Voters
76. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • A straight villain

26 34.21%
  • Antihero/Redeemable villain

45 59.21%
  • Leave Gotham and join Swamp Thing

14 18.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 34 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

So as you all know, or should know Birds of Prey will be taken over by Jim Zubkavich. It sounds like he has some good plans for the book. I talked to him on twitter about Duane's plans for Poison Ivy:
    @JimZub So, Duane told me he had plans for Ivy, any chance that you have taken over those plans.Or plans to use her?Congrats and Can't wait.

He replied:
    @DylanDavison Ivy will be back, yes. Background about her suit (and who gave it to her), her condition, "Friends of the Earth". All of it.

and he sent me a 2nd one saying:
    @DylanDavison The Ivy stuff won't be happening right away, but it is part of the plan.

And I said:
    @JimZub Still part of the plan is still better then no plan at all! ha ha. Can't wait to see what else you have planed, its going to rock!!!

So good news! Can't wait! And looks like this guy is just as good at get back to me as Duane was.

What do you guys think?
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    So as you all know, or should know Birds of Prey will be taken over by Jim Zubkavich. It sounds like he has some good plans for the book. I talked to him on twitter about Duane's plans for Poison Ivy:
    @JimZub So, Duane told me he had plans for Ivy, any chance that you have taken over those plans.Or plans to use her?Congrats and Can't wait.

He replied:
    @DylanDavison Ivy will be back, yes. Background about her suit (and who gave it to her), her condition, "Friends of the Earth". All of it.

and he sent me a 2nd one saying:
    @DylanDavison The Ivy stuff won't be happening right away, but it is part of the plan.

And I said:
    @JimZub Still part of the plan is still better then no plan at all! ha ha. Can't wait to see what else you have planed, its going to rock!!!

So good news! Can't wait! And looks like this guy is just as good at get back to me as Duane was.

What do you guys think?
    Nice! Thanks for asking him PT! Looking forward to get more background information on Ivy...

btw here's a better look at the Ivy-wannabe in Suicide Squad:

It's definitely not her. Maybe they wanted to use Ivy for the book, but couldn't and so they created this...

Quote Originally Posted by Green-Ghost View Post
    Nice! Thanks for asking him PT! Looking forward to get more background information on Ivy...

It's definitely not her. Maybe they wanted to use Ivy for the book, but couldn't and so they created this...
    No problem! I am glad he seems like he is going to just as good at getting back to me like Duane! So thats good. I just can't wait to see what he has planed for Ivy and the rest of the BoP cast. I am also asking him about if Ivy will be a teammate again or a villain for the Birds.

Also ya, I think you were right, I think they wanted to use Ivy, were told no, then just made one up that is liked her just cause. I mean why make another plant user, with green skin and red hair. Thats just dumb, even if its not based on Ivy, its to close and not needed.

Like will she be connected to the Green? Most, if not all, plant users are now. And if they need a plant user, why not make her skin and hair color different?
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

Don't worry, Harley is about to kill that abomination. Anyways, it's really fantastic that ivy's returning to BOP. I finally have a valid reason, other than Starling, to buy that book now. Awaiting her return.

Nearly finished reading the BOP trade, I love IVY'S costume!
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Nearly finished reading the BOP trade, I love IVY'S costume!
    I know right, it shows that she does not have to be almost naked to be sexy, and it adds something to her and her powers! I really love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Allen123 View Post
    Don't worry, Harley is about to kill that abomination. Anyways, it's really fantastic that ivy's returning to BOP. I finally have a valid reason, other than Starling, to buy that book now. Awaiting her return.
    Ya I hope she dies, we don't need a fake Ivy running around lol.

And I know right, I am so excited! I kept with BoP because I liked Duane's writing and I knew he had plans for Ivy. When he was leaving I was so worried those plans would have been dropped, I was ready to drop the series. But when Jim told me he had plans, and after reading about what he has planned for the BoP book, I was so happy that I would not have to drop it anymore!
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3

Here is some cool New52 Ivy fan art:

By: pencil-dome

I think this person has some real skills, its a great drawing of Poison Ivy.
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3

So I have lost track of Ivy since she left BOP. Can someone update me on what she has been up to and the best places to find her? Also, any explanations for her new outfit and stronger powers? It was hinted at in BOP but never explained.
    "Of all people, you know who I am...who the world needs me to be. I'm Wonder Woman."

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    So I have lost track of Ivy since she left BOP. Can someone update me on what she has been up to and the best places to find her? Also, any explanations for her new outfit and stronger powers? It was hinted at in BOP but never explained.
    She is in Detective Comics 14 and 15 (which are really great) and thats really it since she left BoP.

But the new writer that is taking over BoP with issue 18 told me on twitter that he has plans to bring her back and explain her new outfit, her powers, why she is dieing, and who her "friends of the earth" are.

She is also in Swamp Thing 13 and 14, as well as the Swamp Thing annual 1, this story takes place a year in the future where the rot has taken over. And Ivy is protecting the green. Really good story too.

And thats it!

It also looks like she could be in more Detective's down the road due to how the back-up ended in 15. But ya the Detective back ups and main stories are really good Ivy and Clayface stories. (She could be in 16, but I am not sure, and I don't think she is).

I hope this has helped!
    Last edited by Power Torch; 12-11-2012 at 10:11 PM.
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3

She is in Detective Comics 14 and 15 (which are really great) and thats really it since she left BoP.

But the new writer that is taking over BoP with issue 18 told me on twitter that he has plans to bring her back and explain her new outfit, her powers, why she is dieing, and who her "friends of the earth" are.

She is also in Swamp Thing 13 and 14, as well as the Swamp Thing annual 1, this story takes place a year in the future where the rot has taken over. And Ivy is protecting the green. Really good story too.

And thats it!

It also looks like she could be in more Detective's down the road due to how the back-up ended in 15. But ya the Detective back ups and main stories are really good Ivy and Clayface stories. (She could be in 16, but I am not sure, and I don't think she is).

I hope this has helped!
    This helps, thanks! I look forward to seeing her return in BOP, I want answers!

Are the Dectective issues worth reading? I haven't read any, will I be clueless if I just pick up those two?
    "Of all people, you know who I am...who the world needs me to be. I'm Wonder Woman."

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    This helps, thanks! I look forward to seeing her return in BOP, I want answers!

Are the Dectective issues worth reading? I haven't read any, will I be clueless if I just pick up those two?
    I would read issue 12 thats the start of the arc, but really no, I did not read 12 till after 13 and I was fine. You need to know that the Penguin hired some people to kill Bruce Wayne and that Penguin has hired a new guy into his "gang" and thats really it.

But if you are doing it for Ivy then 13 and 14 is fine. I really love the new writer, so I am going to keep picking them up (which is why I bought 12), so I would say if you love it read 12 and keep going! lol

But ya I can not wait for her return. I asked the writer if she is going to join the team or just be a villain for the team, and he said that he could not talk about what was going to happen, just that Ivy will be on the team.
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3

Here is some cool New52 Ivy fan art:

By: pencil-dome

I think this person has some real skills, its a great drawing of Poison Ivy.
    In case anyone cares, here is part of that image colored by the same person:

Any fan art I see of the new52 Ivy I love! lol
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3

The pubic leaves are a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    The pubic leaves are a nice touch.
    Wow I did not even see that XD haha
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

LOL. They probably wanted to go for a Harley/Ivy face-off in Suicide Squad but didn't get the green light to use Pammy, so had to make do with this horrendous substitute. Hope Harley makes chop salad out of her and we never get to see her again. The DCU is big enough for only one redheaded plant themed vixen!

Good work Power Torch for getting the lowdown on Ivy in BoP. Little Flower Child Detective, you.

Btw, wasn't Ivy supposed to appear in an Animal Man arc as well? Which issues were those?