View Poll Results: How would you like to see Pamela Isley/Poison Ivy portrayed?

Voters
76. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • A straight villain

26 34.21%
  • Antihero/Redeemable villain

45 59.21%
  • Leave Gotham and join Swamp Thing

14 18.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 30 of 85 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Didn't knew the Sideshow Ivy is based on Artgerm's art:

Source

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Welcome to the thread and the forums! There are a few hardcore view hardcore Ivy fans, me and a mod of these forums, nepenthes. If you have any questions on Ivy's recent stuff ask him or me, or just post here!

deviantART is a great place for Ivy art, its where I get all my art that I post on here!

And don't worry about the spoiler thing, its ok to stretch out the page with a few pictures! Feel free to post in here as much as you want!
    Thank you so much! I can tell already I'll love this place, especially with a thread dedicated to Ivy hahah. Yeah? That's cool, I did see nepenthes has created several helpful topics! I would love to get caught up in Ivy's history.

Do you happen to know the most recent comic she has been in? I'm actually not sure what her current design is! lol

Yes, I love deviantART c: It was especially fun viewing the photography section & seeing how many women have cosplayed as Ivy & the variety of costumes ^^

Thank you :) I was worried about that, hahah.
    Last edited by →♯➊➇ ☯ Ivy; 11-07-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by →♯➊➇ ☯ Ivy View Post
    Do you happen to know the most recent comic she has been in? I'm actually not sure what her current design is! lol
    Check out Detective Comics #14 (out today), great issue! Also Birds of Prey #2-12, specially #3 is a nice introducion of her to the DCnU.
    There are some other comics, but these have her new look!

Quote Originally Posted by Green-Ghost View Post
    Check out Detective Comics #14 (out today), great issue! Also Birds of Prey #2-12, specially #3 is a nice introducion of her to the DCnU.
    There are some other comics, but these have her new look!
    Thank you! c: I'll do a bit of googling on it lol.

Random question, what is your favorite version of Ivy? My favorite is the BTAS one, "Pretty Poison" was a nice episode.

I loved how she kissed Batman In Detective Comics #14 so she could see what new antidotes Bruce had come up for Mind control Poisons. Kind of Hints that its Not the First time she has had to change her Formula because of him.

Thank you! c: I'll do a bit of googling on it lol.
    You're very welcome!
    This site is also very helpful: http://www.comicvine.com/poison-ivy/29-1697/

Random question, what is your favorite version of Ivy? My favorite is the BTAS one, "Pretty Poison" was a nice episode.
    Pretty Poison and House and Garden are some nice episodes. I really love how Paul Dini has handled her, in the show and everytime he writes her (like in Gotham City Sirens). So his version is one of my favorite!

I just searched & I saw the cover of Detective Comics #14. The artwork is cool, I like her new look.

Although I admit I like the classic green bathing suit design the most <3

I also like her design in the 60's with the crown of leaves. It hadn't really been established yet that she had an affinity for plants & I had read it was said she was more of a "Catwoman knock off" in the beginning. Thankfully they expanded on her character as time went on.

You're very welcome!
    This site is also very helpful: http://www.comicvine.com/poison-ivy/29-1697/
    Oh yeah! I've been on there before, it's a good site. Thanks!

Pretty Poison and House and Garden are some nice episodes. I really love how Paul Dini has handled her, in the show and everytime he writes her (like in Gotham City Sirens). So his version is one of my favorite!
    I remember seeing the Pretty Poison episode years ago when I was a kid. I was so intrigued by her character hahah. House & Garden is good too, & Eternal Youth. When Batman knocked over the vial of the growth enzyme she had created from the sap from those trees had hit the ground & that gargantuan tree grew & shot up into the sky taking poor Ivy with it o: lol.
    Last edited by →♯➊➇ ☯ Ivy; 11-07-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

Didn't knew the Sideshow Ivy is based on Artgerm's art:
    I did not know that as well. I really want to get that Sideshow Ivy statue.

Thank you so much! I can tell already I'll love this place, especially with a thread dedicated to Ivy hahah. Yeah? That's cool, I did see nepenthes has created several helpful topics! I would love to get caught up in Ivy's history.

Like Green-Ghost said (how could I forget, he is also really big and helpful Ivy fan! She is in Birds of Prey #2-12, Swamp Thing (Rotword) #13 & 14 As well as the Swamp Thing Annual #1. And she is in Detective Comics Vol. 2 #14,15 and maybe #16 not to sure. All the 14s just came out and 15 will be out next month.

In Swamp Thing, its a Ivy in a new timeline kinda thing that takes place a year in the Future, after something called the rot takes over. But its really good.

She is also really good in Detective 14, she still has the feel of the Birds of Prey Ivy, which I love. And there is a really cool back-up in that issue staring Ivy.

I love the BTAS one, its what got me into Ivy, but right now, my fav is the current Ivy. I like the Ivy that is not really evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    I loved how she kissed Batman In Detective Comics #14 so she could see what new antidotes Bruce had come up for Mind control Poisons. Kind of Hints that its Not the First time she has had to change her Formula because of him.
    Ya I am sure she will find out a way around it. She is smart like that lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I just picked up Swamp Thing 14 and Detective Comics 14. She was not in Swamp 14 a lot, but it was still a good issue.

But Detective Comics was a winner for me. I thought I would be mad that Ivy is back to being bad (it rhymed lol) but she is not really that bad. She only hurt a few people, and did not kill anyone. And took care of some dirty chemical places owned by The Penguin. Batman shows up to ask her to stop, they fight for a bit. But even under a different writer, Ivy still seems like the same Ivy in Birds of Prey, which I love!

She is still a "anti-hero" kinda person right now, and cared about all of Gotham, not just plants. And as Batman put it in that issue "Ivy is not evil, just misguided"

Also there was a little Ivy back-up in the issue, which had Ivy as the star. Which I loved! It tells us more about her leaving the Birds. While the art was not the best, the story was good.

I can not wait to see what happens next! I can tell it will end with a Ivy, Batman team-up! I hope!
    Last edited by Power Torch; 11-07-2012 at 06:55 PM.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

Smile

Like Green-Ghost said (how could I forget, he is also really big and helpful Ivy fan! She is in Birds of Prey #2-12, Swamp Thing (Rotword) #13 & 14 As well as the Swamp Thing Annual #1. And she is in Detective Comics Vol. 2 #14,15 and maybe #16 not to sure. All the 14s just came out and 15 will be out next month.

In Swamp Thing, its a Ivy in a new timeline kinda thing that takes place a year in the Future, after something called the rot takes over. But its really good.

She is also really good in Detective 14, she still has the feel of the Birds of Prey Ivy, which I love. And there is a really cool back-up in that issue staring Ivy.
    It's been wonderful to find Poison Ivy fans such as myself. I've never really came across any fans online before. I'm glad to have discovered this site ^~^ I'll have to do a bit of reading & catch up on Ivy's latest stories. Thank you for providing the information you guys.

Ivy & Swamp Thing always have had some sort of a connection haven't they? I remember in a 80's issue with Ivy that a woman visited Arkham & spoke with her & Swamp Thing was involved somehow... I can't quite remember. The woman had a purple hue to her skin though & Ivy was feeding one of her plant mutations a rat I believe, yuck. I find it interesting though that her certain powers can mutate plants to become less sedentary. The monster Harvest was rather disturbing, I remember at the end of that story Ivy was in a hospital bed & stared at a vase of flowers fearfully, it was very weird to say the least. But interesting none the less.

I love the BTAS one, its what got me into Ivy, but right now, my fav is the current Ivy. I like the Ivy that is not really evil.
    Same for me too, after watching Pretty Poison I wanted a venus flytrap lmao. I got one too :D I've come to realize they need distilled water & LOTS of humidity. I agree, I like when Ivy's character has more compassion in her heart. In BTAS it was cool when she met Harley & they became gal pals. I believe Harley is probably the only human Ivy really cares for. Is she still intrigued by Batman though? I've noticed she always kind of was because he resisted her charms.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I just picked up Swamp Thing 14 and Detective Comics 14. She was not in Swamp 14 a lot, but it was still a good issue.

But Detective Comics was a winner for me. I thought I would be mad that Ivy is back to being bad (it rhymed lol) but she is not really that bad. She only hurt a few people, and did not kill anyone. And took care of some dirty chemical places owned by The Penguin. Batman shows up to ask her to stop, they fight for a bit. But even under a different writer, Ivy still seems like the same Ivy in Birds of Prey, which I love!

She is still a "anti-hero" kinda person right now, and cared about all of Gotham, not just plants. And as Batman put it in that issue "Ivy is not evil, just misguided"

Also there was a little Ivy back-up in the issue, which had Ivy as the star. Which I loved! It tells us more about her leaving the Birds. While the art was not the best, the story was good.

I can not wait to see what happens next! I can tell it will end with a Ivy, Batman team-up! I hope!
    I need to get a hold of those lol. My local comic shop is my first bet but one of the managers said that comics are dying out in the area... & hardcover graphic novels are becoming more of the rage. I could always find them at my local mall though lol.

That's cool, I like when Ivy has a few shades of grey. A good example is when she protected those children in Robinson Park. I think Batman quoted that whether Ivy liked it or not that she was still more human than plant, something along the lines of that I think.

It all sounds fun, I hope I get the chance to check it all out soon!!

Here's a couple artworks of Ivy I saw on deviantART this morning. I'm building a collection of every category of the works that I like lol.

I came across these in the Manga & Anime section c:

Ivy & Swamp Thing always have had some sort of a connection haven't they?

Same for me too, after watching Pretty Poison I wanted a venus flytrap lmao. I believe Harley is probably the only human Ivy really cares for. Is she still intrigued by Batman though? I've noticed she always kind of was because he resisted her charms.
    Ya they have been connected by "The Green" (Power of planet life) for a while now I think, so it makes since to have her help him out in Rotword.

Ya I wanted one too after that episode XD glad it was not just me. Though I never got one, maybe some day.

Harley and Ivy are really good today, in the cartoon and the comic world as well. I think she can care for other humans (I believe she cares for the Birds even if she is not on the team anymore). And ya she kisses him in Detective Comics 14 a few times, she will kinda always have a thing for him I think, even if she could move on. Its like you said, he has stopped her so many times, and has been able to evade her charms and powers, and thats something she wants to stop.

In Gotham City Sirens (which you should check out, its a team up series for Ivy, Harley and Catwoman) she starts to fall for someone like her. So I think if someone like her came along she might go for it. She also had some really good parts with Harley in that series, if you like there friendship.

Thanks for sharing those pictures too, very cool!
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

Here is Ivy on Suicide Squad, I have been saying she should join that team!

I wish the artist did not change her back to green, with some kinda strange red outfit....I like the biosuit.
    Last edited by Power Torch; 11-10-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3

Here is Ivy on Suicide Squad, I have been saying she should join that team!

I wish the artist did not change her back to green, with some kinda strange red outfit....I like the biosuit.
    I can't see it...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCatBoy View Post
    I can't see it...
    Ya it got deleted, working on getting it back.
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3

There we go fixed! Smaller image though! lol
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3

There we go fixed! Smaller image though! lol
    Whoa! Not loving this Ivy... but I'll reserve my complete judgement till I see what she looks like in the comic.

Loved her in 'Tec, just wish she had the black sclera of her eye in the main feature. She looks sweet with it.