Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Has Rockstar said that they're going to reuse a protaganist from an earlier game?

If not, I'm going to guess that this is someone totally new, like they've done for all of the other major GTA releases.

Quote Originally Posted by The Once And Forever View Post
    Has Rockstar said that they're going to reuse a protaganist from an earlier game?

If not, I'm going to guess that this is someone totally new, like they've done for all of the other major GTA releases.
    They haven't said much of anything about the game yet. It's just speculation and probably wrong, but there's nothing wrong with a little speculation.

The protagonist is likely someone new, but Tommy Vercetti still might be in the game. The older dark-haired guy in a suit we see at one point could be him.

Hopefully we won't have to wait a year to play this.
    The voice doesn't really sound like Ray Liotta, just go on youtube and listen to his intro of Goodfellas, it is quite distinct.
    From the sound of it the protag might actually be hispanic, the first few seconds of him speaking has a bit of that sound to it.
    The graphics are stunning, looks too clean to be console.

So we've got dogs confirmed, planes are back, and although San Fierro and Las Venturas aren't present Los Santos looks huge, look at em mountains! Look at that cityscape! Convertibles that umm, convert!

That's not Ray Liotta.
    They obviously would have had him laugh if it was.

I battled a giant otter. d0dg3r's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    That's not Ray Liotta.
    They obviously would have had him laugh if it was.
    He's older, maybe he laughs less...?

But it's not him anyway, IGN apparently had their people get in touch with his people to confirm that it isn't Liotta.

I'm hardly the first to note that about all we really know after this trailer is it's set in San Andreas in the present. And... "Activate Dog."

But guessing blindly is fun.
    I rent-to-own the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    (as long it wasn't Ricky Gervais)
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Thumbs up

Looks like it will be San Andreas again.

Looking forward to this.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

It looks really good.

And here's the trailer, surprised it hasn't been posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Groot View Post
    Hopefully we won't have to wait a year to play this.

The voice doesn't really sound like Ray Liotta, just go on youtube and listen to his intro of Goodfellas, it is quite distinct.
    I'm hoping for this game to come out in May like Red Dead Redemption and L.A. Noire. Rockstar seems to like having a big release come out every year just before the summer where there's no heavy competition. The game would have had 4 years development just like GTA 4 did, so I think the game might nearing completion soon. Hopefully we will get more information around the Spike VGAs next month.

I really don't think the guy was Tommy, the voice doesn't sound like him, and the age factor bugs me a lot. Tommy was in his mid 30's in 1986, if this game takes place in the present, he would be in his early 60's in this game, he would have some grey hairs by then.

I really hope they upgrade the shooting mechanics for this one, GTA 4 feels so outdated when I try to go back to it.
    Last edited by wildclaw; 11-04-2011 at 02:01 PM.
    "Anybody that tells you bad guys don't win never met Chael Sonnen"

Quote Originally Posted by d0dg3r View Post
    The formula itself wasn't bad. The particular set of ingredients and variations used in IV weren't really to my taste. The mechanics of actual gameplay -- shooting from cover, driving, etc. -- seem off. I don't know if they were trying to make it more "realistic" or if I just lost a step or three between SA and IV release dates. I wasn't crazy about the voice acting. I don't like having to date every NPC in the game. Also, some of the sheer fun got left out. About 15 percent of the way in, it became a grind, and after 25 percent I just stopped grinding.

It is damn good lookin', though.

Apparently there's a belief that GTA should "be more real" and leave the stuff like jetpacks and fighter jets to Saints Row. There might be something to that. If they fine-tuned the mechanics -- more like RDR, as someone said -- they could still make a fairly serious game that was fun to play.

All opinions entirely mine. Your Mileage, as ever, May Vary.
    I see a lot of dislike for GTA IV which I can't really get. Yeah it's less wacky and breezy than SA, and there's less to find and explore but it told a brilliant story and some of the game mechanics, while flawed, were miles better than previous incarnations. eg: the cover system, while far from perfect was miles better than the previous auto aim mechanic which I found utterly hopeless. Also Niko Bellic is a complete badass and an incredibly engaging character.

A lot of posts here are speculating about Tommy or CJ returning and I haveta say it's probably unlikely. GTA IV launched a new continuity or "era" which means the events take place separately to the era that San Andreas, Vice City et al happened. Lazlow was the only character from a past game to reappear in IV and he didn't make any explicit references to past games.
    And if CJ or Tommy do appear, they'll probably be new versions of the characters as opposed to the people we saw in SA and VC respectively.

Anyway so pumped for this game. I'm generally a very casual gamer but for this I'm going to pre-order and everything. IV kicked major ass and finally got me sucked in to the GTA games.
    If you think this is over then you're wrong
    -Separator (Radiohead)

It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.
    -Jacob (Lost)

Quote Originally Posted by The Once And Forever View Post

It's pretty funny 'cause I thought that mute from 3 was Tommy when he was younger. Don't know why. It was also funny seeing that mute again in SA.
    My Yu-Gi-Oh! card
    My magic card
    Magic The Gathering: Evil Ryu

Fear me.
    And my serpent.

The Seven Sins of Star Wars

1: Yoda can beat God
    2: Blaster pistols can blow up planets
    3: Lighsabers are as hot as the sun
    4: Luke Skywalker can move black holes
    5: Star Destroyers can blow up planets
    6: Darth Sidious rips Superman's head off
    7: General Grevious has Force TK

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is not canon to anything. Nor is the new Clone Wars movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
    I see a lot of dislike for GTA IV which I can't really get. Yeah it's less wacky and breezy than SA, and there's less to find and explore but it told a brilliant story.
    i don't disagree with that. i found the story very engaging. but that was arguably it's strongest point. all the GTA games arguably had great stories. i don't hate GTAIV i was just disappointed with it. and the cover system needs ALOT of work.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboy
    is it just me, or is this forum very homosexual? Seems like it's just the norm for people here to be homosexuals. Seriously, was this community founded for that purpose? If so, I'm just dense or something cause I never read anything stating that when I signed up.
    LMAO!

http://myspace.com/urban_prince

Who would have guess GTA V will have vehicule!
    Has to remember his suggestion for the traitor game

#17! RED/MRF/NKA/AMD/RZL/SHP/RHN/MIB/VF/ALC/ NWG/MN/HW

can you crack the code?