Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighterRyu View Post
    You know, if the V was red and designed differently, I would have said "Russia". I would actually like to see that.
    Most of the game would have to be subtitled which could be a bit of an annoyance and all the civilian banter would pretty much not mean anything to those of us who do not speak Russian and other Slavic languages.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    I think I would rather have a Mexico Texas GTA. I mean you want a crime game, that seem like a pretty good setting, and it would be a whole new aesthetic.

I would like this, I don't think having spent countless hours in RDR would take away from my enjoyment of this as it would be quite different. Not familiar with how Texas looks nowadays but I'm assuming Dallas is distinctive enough to be visually enticing and it also has a high crime rate. Northern Mexico is just nuts nowadays and could be interestingly rendered.

It be also interesting to have a Hispanic guy as the main protagonist of a GTA game.

I do still have to play Lost and Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony in the meantime.

I don't mind the pain Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Pretty excited for this one. Wasn't happy with the last one.I hope they improve on the car handling. It was atrocious in IV, but I doubt they will unless they still want to keep the "realistic" approach.
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, Frankenstein Alive Alive, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy in Hell, King Conan: The Conquerer, Minimum Wage, Stray Bullets: Killers

I battled a giant otter. d0dg3r's Avatar

Yeah, GTA IV just doesn't click with me. Part of it is I feel like I've got a Balki Bartokomous cousin who wants to go on man dates every five minutes... I've owned it for quite a while but I've never got past the first 25 percent of the game. On the other hand, I just bought GTA San Andreas for the third time the other night, and I still have a blast playing that. Hopefully V will be a bit more like that and earlier games.

As for where it might be set? Who knows, I wouldn't mind them taking it back to London again, but it probably will be some fictional US city. If they did set it in modern day New Austin that could be very cool.

We will probably know in a week.
    I rent-to-own the night.

Rumor is LA, so, we're going back to San Andreas area.

I'm thinking either Las Venturas, or San Andreas.
    Have beer, will drink!

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    I pray for a return to San Andreas in modern times.

The dollar-bill design on the "V" might be an allusion to Las Venturas, I dunno.
    Thats what it looks like to me too, but the Irish Dragon has spoken, instead of money you play for a pot of gold fortune cookies.

Wish list

RDR Mechanics including online modes that take places in areas of the city that are designed specifically for a competitive game

Tanks

Hunters

Army at 6 Stars

FBI at 5

Everything that made the series great that was removed in GTA IV plus good things from GTAIV

The ability to replay missions
    Decided to not read posts that contain the words marriage, OMD, BND, and Mephisto. Why? I'm tired of it.

Venomous Female Tish-the-Scorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    I pray for a return to San Andreas in modern times.

The dollar-bill design on the "V" might be an allusion to Las Venturas, I dunno.
    OMG don't make me cum in my panties...i would show up with tassels on my titties at gamestop if that's true.
    Okay, before this thread this is what I knew about Tish, zip, zero, nada.
    I now know that Tish is a heavily armed, black, bi-sexual, truck driving woman who likes going to the clubs.
    I don't think I learned this much about Tom in six months let alone one post. - Boldido

I'm begining to like Tish more and more, that's what I know. - cable guy

"We were forced to build America, and if forced to, we will tear it down." Huey P. Newton

I now suspect that you are a man posing as a female.

Doom has gone Digital LaughingDoomBot's Avatar

the rumor has been for the longest that this game will take place in Las Vegas...hence the Money shaped V to serve as the Roman numeral five and It being colored as money for cha Ching Vegas
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ryanorosco.jpg

The only time your too late to try to achieve or become anything, is when your dead

Quote Originally Posted by Groot View Post
    I now suspect that you are a man posing as a female.
    *ahem* let me rephrase what i said: like OMG don't make me head to the mall and buy a new outfit, and get my nails done in participation of this game!!
    I now know that Tish is a heavily armed, black, bi-sexual, truck driving woman who likes going to the clubs.
    I don't think I learned this much about Tom in six months let alone one post. - Boldido

"We were forced to build America, and if forced to, we will tear it down." Huey P. Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Tish-the-Scorpion View Post
    *ahem* let me rephrase what i said: like OMG don't make me head to the mall and buy a new outfit, and get my nails done in participation of this game!!
    I now suspect you are a crossdresser.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I now suspect you are a crossdresser.
    you know during the 8th grade i was a reverse cross dresser nothing but jeans and jerseys.

Protected by the guage Comic_Mobsta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tish-the-Scorpion View Post
    OMG don't make me head to the mall and buy a new outfit, and get my nails done in participation of this game!!
    I don't want people top know all my business. BUT, one of my sisters actually did this for Final Fantasy XIII. yeah i'm ashamed.

Seriously is anybody worried that GTA has become too formulaic. I mean i liked GTAIV but it didn't have the same freshness GTA:SA had. It just LOOKED better.
    i'm sorry, Hannibal lecter doesn't scare me. i can easily blow his fucking brains out with my custom magnum 500 (damn i love that gun).and masturbate over his corpse too...Tish-the-Scorpion

I battled a giant otter. d0dg3r's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comic_Mobsta View Post
    Seriously is anybody worried that GTA has become too formulaic. I mean i liked GTAIV but it didn't have the same freshness GTA:SA had. It just LOOKED better.
    The formula itself wasn't bad. The particular set of ingredients and variations used in IV weren't really to my taste. The mechanics of actual gameplay -- shooting from cover, driving, etc. -- seem off. I don't know if they were trying to make it more "realistic" or if I just lost a step or three between SA and IV release dates. I wasn't crazy about the voice acting. I don't like having to date every NPC in the game. Also, some of the sheer fun got left out. About 15 percent of the way in, it became a grind, and after 25 percent I just stopped grinding.

It is damn good lookin', though.

Apparently there's a belief that GTA should "be more real" and leave the stuff like jetpacks and fighter jets to Saints Row. There might be something to that. If they fine-tuned the mechanics -- more like RDR, as someone said -- they could still make a fairly serious game that was fun to play.

All opinions entirely mine. Your Mileage, as ever, May Vary.
    Last edited by d0dg3r; 10-28-2011 at 03:03 PM.
    I rent-to-own the night.

Quote Originally Posted by d0dg3r View Post
    Yeah, GTA IV just doesn't click with me. Part of it is I feel like I've got a Balki Bartokomous cousin who wants to go on man dates every five minutes...
    Yeah, GTA IV just doesn't click with me. Part of it is I feel like I've got a Balki Bartokomous cousin who wants to go on man dates every five minutes...

You know, you're free to ignore him. There are no real consequences for doing so.