Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Grimm

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

I thought episode 2 was ok. I actually liked episode 1 a little more. I think the show will pick up a bit once we start getting deeper into the situation with the blonde girl and the police chief guy. As for comparing it to Once Upon a Time, I like the characters more in OUaT, especially Mr. Gold, but I like the premise of Grimm a lot more. I'll keep watching both shows and hope for the best.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xarcon View Post
    I thought episode 2 was ok. I actually liked episode 1 a little more. I think the show will pick up a bit once we start getting deeper into the situation with the blonde girl and the police chief guy. As for comparing it to Once Upon a Time, I like the characters more in OUaT, especially Mr. Gold, but I like the premise of Grimm a lot more. I'll keep watching both shows and hope for the best.
    Is the police chief the same guy meeting with the blonde. I can't tell. All us honkey's look alike.

Quote Originally Posted by boyhangover View Post
    Is the police chief the same guy meeting with the blonde. I can't tell. All us honkey's look alike.
    LOL Jokes aside, I kept having this problem as well.

Yes, he is. He called back the security detail of Bland Boy's aunt, so that she could be killed.
    I don't know what to consider canon anymore :(
    Comicmofo
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...1#post17765682

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

Yeah, I'm just really bad with names. I don't even remember the protagonist's name, haha.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

BANNED

David Giuntoli
    Plays Nick Burckhardt

Russell Hornsby
    Plays Hank Griffin

Sasha Roiz
    Plays Capt. Renard

Silas Weir Mitchell
    Plays Eddie Monroe
    Last edited by boyhangover; 11-06-2011 at 05:04 AM.

If the characters were interesting enough, rest assured I'd have memorized their names.
    Can't speak for the others, but the fact that I don't bother remembering them or looking them up should ring a bell.

Main character is Bland Boy, black guy is The Partner, we also have The Werewolf and The Bad Police Officer, etc.
    I don't know what to consider canon anymore :(
    Comicmofo
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...1#post17765682

The werewolf is the only character I've really enjoyed since I like the sarcastic grumpy personality and a rather older man look in a swamp of 'hot' teenage boy werewolves. Plus he's managed to be both the funniest character and the most badass.

But even him, I don't remember his name either.

I originally assumed my lack of care for the characters in this show was simply because I already loved the heroes from Supernatural but I just guess it's the show fault for not making me care since so many other people don't seem to care either.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    It was okay. A bit better than the pilot in my opinion. Interesting take on Goldilocks (which, I should note, is not actually a Grimm's Fairy Tale). I really hope that not all the fairy tale characters/creatures are monsters or reformed monsters. This show gets the scary aspect of classic fairy tales down, but not the wonder, magic and crazy fantasy concepts. That's why I like Once Upon a Time a little better so far. That show embraces more of the whole package of the classic tales.
    I'm in the opposite direction. I want the show to be gritty and scary. That's what sold me on the show's premise. Besides if you want magic and wonder, then you're already getting that from OUaT. Let this series head down a darker path.

Quote Originally Posted by passer-by View Post
    Good thing the werewolf makes up for that (keeping the German names of the monsters is a bizarre decision, I think).
    You know I rolled my eyes the moment Monroe (aka the Big Bad Wolf) appeared. I felt his presence last week was needless slapstick and undermines the serious tone of the show. Well, after seeing him rip off someone's arm. I gotta say he went up a couple notches in my book. He can stick around.

As for the German names, I like it. It give a sense of mythology to the series.

Anyway, good ep.
    Last edited by maczero; 11-05-2011 at 08:44 PM.
    "Honest Abe's a 'mo!" - Hank Venture from the Venture Bros.

I think letting this show be more fairytale than grimdark would actually be a good thing because it'd allow the show to get some distance from Supernatural.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Capsizing Heart View Post
    I think letting this show be more fairytale than grimdark would actually be a good thing because it'd allow the show to get some distance from Supernatural.
    Which is probably the last thing they want, really. The last couple of seasons, Supernatural has been much more about big themes and ideas and less about blood-n-guts action. If they're going after the same audience as Supernatural (and it appears they are) trying to give them something that (A) they're known to like and (B) their regular supplier may not be giving them enough of might actually be a good strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    I'm in the opposite direction. I want the show to be gritty and scary. That's what sold me on the show's premise. Besides if you want magic and wonder, then you're already getting that from OUaT. Let this series head down a darker path.
    Well, this just connects to a pet peeve of mine in regards to classic folk and fairy tales. For ages, people played them up as the sort of whimsical, magical "Disney" material. Then, people started reading stuff like Grimm's Fairy Tales and everyone started obsessing over how dark and violent they are to the point that people started acting like they were all horror stories. The truth is that they're all that and more. They're magical and horrible and meaningful and funny and rustic and everything else. Those stories were the voice of the common people. I hate when people try to pigeon-hole them as being one way. Just my pet peeve as a folk tale fan and storyteller.

Quote Originally Posted by Capsizing Heart
    Maybe that's it. I never got into Supernatural either. Not that I dislike horror-themed stuff. I'm just very picky about the ones I watch.
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

BANNED

I really liked the idea of Supernatural. I watched the first season and missed the finale and then got too far behind.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

I've enjoyed the first two episodes so far, myself. Just hope they can make themsleves stand out amidst all thr fairytale/supernatural shows on right now, or else it's doomed to not go very far.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Which is probably the last thing they want, really. The last couple of seasons, Supernatural has been much more about big themes and ideas and less about blood-n-guts action. If they're going after the same audience as Supernatural (and it appears they are) trying to give them something that (A) they're known to like and (B) their regular supplier may not be giving them enough of might actually be a good strategy.
    I dunno, the latest Supernatural season really feels like it's going back to its roots, but with a level of depth and complexity (and admittedly some rather wonky writing) that shows it has certainly grown as a series, even if the last few seasons have been kinda balls. So if this takes a Supernatural season one road and then Supernatural goes back to its roots as well this show will ultimately doom itself, because it'll have no chance.

I really liked the idea of Supernatural. I watched the first season and missed the finale and then got too far behind.
    You only need to see the first three seasons, mate. After that Supernatural descends into pure garbage until the latest season.