Page 4 of 135 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    Not in the near future, but I envisioned one of my villains, Slaughterhouse Smith, to be a big gun of Las Vegas mob, so if you need a villain in the area, it would be cute world building.
    Okay, awesome. I'm doing a lot of solicitations in advanced, so it won't be for another few issues, but I'll keep him in mind. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Schornforce View Post
    For solicitations (especially for the first one), are we gonna post a general description of our titles as well as the first issue's plot? Or is it solely plot? If it's solely plot, I recommend a sort of FAQ and/or a nice link to a post that houses the description of the title (character lists optional)... especially handy if someone new wants to join after we've done some solicitations already.
    I was wondering the same thing. All of my solicitations are around 120 to 160 words long, and they're all plot, though the first solicit establishes where the characters are in their lives. How long should a solicit be? I'm in full support of an FAQ page for sure, though.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

That said, the title Aquafriends doesn't convince me. Using Aquaman in something with the word "Friends" brings always bad memories.
    kind of the point. it's a semi-satirical title, yet is used to show it can work and is just a title (i.e. to basically tell everyone to get over the Aquaman and Super Friends stigma)

Quote Originally Posted by TJKernan View Post
    on Jabare, I simply left him off the list because he stopped drafting his stuff so I left out his title.
    does that mean Nightwing is a free agent? B/c he was my #1 pick, but had to revert to a backup pick since Nightwing was picked first...
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

Egotistical Meglomaniac TJKernan's Avatar

I was thinking, and I actually started one this morning but got distracted, that mabye we should start a promo thread prior to the release of the solicits, where the plotter answers the questions (faux interview style) similar to the ones that were in the back of all the first issues of all the 52 series. This is sort of a teaser of things to come.

Yeah Cheesesteak, of you want him, you can use Nightwing, just as long as you and Munkiman (who has him as a member of JLU) make sure your visions are aligned.
    Bring back my DC! In the meantime, make mine Marvel and Image!

Can somebody explain what's going on here?

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Yeah Cheesesteak, of you want him, you can use Nightwing, just as long as you and Munkiman (who has him as a member of JLU) make sure your visions are aligned.
    Ok, well I was going to use Nightwing in my Outsiders as team leader. I pretty much used Alfred as a filler pick since he'll be the main communicator to the team. I'd think it fits w/ Munkiman's intention of having Nightwing as just a rotational member of the JLU. But it's up to him.

Also, updated prior 2nd book pitch to finalize artist (sorry WhiteOro!)

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    Can somebody explain what's going on here?
    yeah it's a thread just for those who are making the fake new books. TJKernan should really link the prior threads so it all sort of makes sense... *AHEM*
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

I didi the solicitacions with only plot, figuring that we would do like Age of Marvels and make a page like this: http://forums.comicbookresources.com...d.php?t=348557
    every title has a brief summary and the cast members. We could make the FAQ thread the one for our line.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    kind of the point. it's a semi-satirical title, yet is used to show it can work and is just a title (i.e. to basically tell everyone to get over the Aquaman and Super Friends stigma)
    Aaaaah, done on purpose I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    Also, updated prior 2nd book pitch to finalize artist (sorry WhiteOro!)
    Your series, your decisions just happy to didn't pick campbell. Good artist, but too much cheesecake.

that mabye we should start a promo thread prior to the release of the solicits, where the plotter answers the questions (faux interview style) similar to the ones that were in the back of all the first issues of all the 52 series. This is sort of a teaser of things to come.
    So, do we prepare a brief description of the title for that occasion?

K, everybody provide a brief description of your titles and I will set up a faq page

K, everybody provide a brief description of your titles and I will set up a faq page
    Do we post it here or we send it to you?

Well, who cares.

Nemesis: Hellbringer
    Charis of Adrastea, Nemesis, one of the most formidable warriors of the Kherubim Empire, has been sent on Earth. It is a secret mission... An hostile secret mission. But Earth is a far more complicated place that she could ever imagine, and her permanence soon becomes a battle for survival!

The Offensive
    They called it the Belle Époque, a period of scientific discoveries, world peace, and friendship between nations. A Golden Age. What people don’t know, is that forces beyond belief carried a secret battle to maintain this world order. They were humanity last weapon: they were The Offensive.

Do we post it here or we send it to you?

Well, who cares.

Nemesis: Hellbringer
    Charis of Adrastea, Nemesis, one of the most formidable warriors of the Kherubim Empire, has been sent on Earth. It is a secret mission... An hostile secret mission. But Earth is a far more complicated place that she could ever imagine, and her permanence soon becomes a battle for survival!

The Offensive
    They called it the Belle Époque, a period of scientific discoveries, world peace, and friendship between nations. A Golden Age. What people don’t know, is that forces beyond belief carried a secret battle to maintain this world order. They were humanity last weapon: they were The Offensive.
    I think somebody at DC needs to pay attention and let you write The offensive as a title...I want to read this!

I think somebody at DC needs to pay attention and let you write The offensive as a title...I want to read this!
    Oh, god, too gentle, too gentle.
    Just to check, you received my solicitations, right?

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know that I like the idea for this thread, and I look forward to seeing what you all come up with. Some of the stories being presented are really interesting.
    "With Knowledge we built a city to rival heaven."

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know that I like the idea for this thread, and I look forward to seeing what you all come up with. Some of the stories being presented are really interesting.
    Thanks very much nj06 If you want to join us you can do it now or wait fro the next months.

One of the Good Guys maniacmatt's Avatar

I'm curious about participating in this but I'm not totally clear on how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmatt View Post
    I'm curious about participating in this but I'm not totally clear on how it works.
    You propose a title, a new one of your making, one that already exist, one that was in the past. You choose the characters/writer/artist from those who haven't already be picked (writers & artist can be picked two times at max). You become the editor and plotter of said title. Each month, you write a solicitations about the title, you create story arcs. We post them in a specific thread and let people decide what title they want to buy-read, which one was the best.

Character: you can choose a character from anyone of the DC universes, Wildstorm, Milestone ecc.
    Writers & Artist: you can choose all author who haven't a exclusive contract with MARVEL or others houses. All the DC writers are ok.

Secret Six: Calendar Man is on a mission: with filled bank accounts, grand ambitions and a base far removed from Metropolis and Gotham City, he intends to build the next great criminal organization. Recruiting a team of five villains, anti-heroes and mercenaries, each at their lowest points, Calendar Man plans on taking over with his all-new Secret Six! Join him alongside Catman, the Body Doubles, Livewire and Mr. Freeze in this ongoing that reinvents what it means to be a bad guy!

Changeling: The eternal ‘little brother,’ goofball and teen, Gar Logan, formerly Beast Boy, has decided to follow a new path in life. Alongside his old teammate Negative Man and his former Titan associate Wendy (aka the genius Proxy), Gar intends to find himself. Traveling along the back roads of North America, the trio go where few other heroes tread, helping locals in every town, village and farmstead they encounter. With some help from his on-again, off-again girlfriend, the mystical Raven, Gar will establish himself amongst gods and supermen as the underdog protector…Changeling!