Page 3 of 135 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    This is bad comedy. Schornforce's Avatar

My second title is Impulse.

Doesn't matter to me if Iris West wants to be Impulse too in shingi70's Young Justice.

It'd be pretty much akin to his 90's series. Same background, still with his Manchester pals (and not-so-pals), but a change of guardians. Unlike my other title, this one will definitely be a light sitcom-type book with superhero drama and adventure mixed in hither and yon.

Impulse (Bart Allen)- shingi70, if you want, we can discuss how you want Iris and I can tailor Bart to be different in more ways if need be. The main thing is I want him to retain his origin and personality. Oh, and his temporal clones at least, but if you want Iris to be the only speedster Impulse, I can live with that and think of other powers for Bart to have.
    Jesse Quick- still head of Quickstart Enterprises, but now has to look after Bart after Max went missing.
    Pied Piper- he's there as a tech inventor for Quickstart and sometimes gets Bart foisted on him if Jesse's too busy.
    Inertia- instead of the bloodthirsty little so-and-so he became, he'll be the master of the big picture, putting slow plans into action with big eventual results. Again, shingi70, I can tailor his powers to be a match for Bart's as needed.
    Preston- still Bart's friend, but he may be gay in this incarnation (which IIRC was at one point the plan in the old series, but was changed... or that's just baseless internet rumor)
    Carol- still Bart's other best friend and the one who knows his identity and is the voice of reason he actually may listen to.

This may be a little too ambitious, I hope it's OK. If it's too much, just let me know, but I've really wanted to see this concept enter the comics for a while now.

Title: Justice League Unlimited
    Plotter: Munkiman
    Writer: Jeff Parker
    Artist: Greg Capullo (I wanted someone whose art was cartoony without being too stylized, not too dark, and able to manage a relatively dense story... I think Capullo fits. It was down to him or Ed McGuinness, but I think I chose right).

Characters:
    Basically every character in the DCU can appear at one point or another. Some of the series mainstays, though, will be:
    -Superman
    -Batman
    -Wonder Woman
    -Martian Manhunter
    -Cyborg
    -Mr. Terrific
    -Red Tornado
    -Nightwing

They're not the team, though. This Justice League isn't a team. It's an organization.

Basically, I always felt like the JLU concept was a natural progression for the JLA: they decide to stop mucking around and get the DCU's superhero community organized and efficient. They extend completely voluntary invitations to every superhero around, from previous JLAers to complete newbies like Supergirl or Static. The offer is: we can train you up, give you a salary if you need it, and give you a communicator that links into the Watchtower teleport grid; then we'll alert you to global disasters as they happen, teleport you there with a small squad (or to the Watchtower to hop a jet if it's out of 'port range), and you'll do your job. You can decline whenever you want, or keep in contact for big emergencies while staying local most of the time.

The Big Seven (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Cyborg - Hal didn't want to deal with the extra responsibility) serve as a sort of "board of directors," with Wonder Woman as chairwoman. They're senior members and can pull rank on the rest. Hal has honorary seniority, but no official position beyond standard League membership.

Martian Manhunter, Red Tornado, Mr. Terrific and Cyborg are most often seen doing Monitor Duty, which for the JLU is a full-time job that involves organizing and deploying squads. J'onn, Reddy, Michael and Vic are obviously most fit for this because of their mental or computational abilities. Occasionally someone else will pinch in, but usually it rotates between those four.

There are combat training simulations, and various Leaguers take time out of their schedules to train inexperienced members. Nightwing, Black Canary and other martial artists are often seen doing this, since their skills are most generally applicable, but Leaguers can request some time with someone whose powers are similar to their own, for power-specific strategy.

The League has several bases. The main one is the Watchtower on the moon, which houses the teleportation hub, training and medical facilities, food courts, trophy room, vehicle bay, armory, swimming pool - everything you could conceivably need or want. Social events for Leaguers are held here regularly. There's also the JLU Satellite, which is a reserve base and a carrier for teleportation signals to and from the Watchtower. The League also has several embassies on Earth, the largest of which is the new Hall of Justice, a modernized version of the original (which has been converted into a museum).

JLU will have a constantly rotating cast with at least two missions per issue and three to four characters per squad. A universe-wide showcase of everyone from the A-list to the Z-list, pooling their talents to make the DCU a better place.
    Action Comics, American Vampire, AV: Lord of Nightmares, Atomic Robo, Batman Inc, Batwoman, The Flash, Prophet, Uncanny X-Force

Title: Changeling
    Writer: Scott Snyder
    Artist: Karl Kerschl
    Plotter: SuperCooper
    Tagline: No longer a beast boy.

Characters:

Changeling (Gar Logan)
    Proxy(Wendy Harris)
    Negative Man (Larry Trainor)
    Raven (Raven)

Enemies:

Gemini (Gemeni De Mille)
    Elephant Man

Egotistical Meglomaniac TJKernan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Munkiman View Post
    This may be a little too ambitious, I hope it's OK. If it's too much, just let me know, but I've really wanted to see this concept enter the comics for a while now.

Title: Justice League Unlimited
    Plotter: Munkiman
    Writer: Jeff Parker
    Artist: Greg Capullo (I wanted someone whose art was cartoony without being too stylized, not too dark, and able to manage a relatively dense story... I think Capullo fits. It was down to him or Ed McGuinness, but I think I chose right).

Characters:
    Basically every character in the DCU can appear at one point or another. Some of the series mainstays, though, will be:
    -Superman
    -Batman
    -Wonder Woman
    -Martian Manhunter
    -Cyborg
    -Mr. Terrific
    -Red Tornado
    -Nightwing

They're not the team, though. This Justice League isn't a team. It's an organization.

Basically, I always felt like the JLU concept was a natural progression for the JLA: they decide to stop mucking around and get the DCU's superhero community organized and efficient. They extend completely voluntary invitations to every superhero around, from previous JLAers to complete newbies like Supergirl or Static. The offer is: we can train you up, give you a salary if you need it, and give you a communicator that links into the Watchtower teleport grid; then we'll alert you to global disasters as they happen, teleport you there with a small squad (or to the Watchtower to hop a jet if it's out of 'port range), and you'll do your job. You can decline whenever you want, or keep in contact for big emergencies while staying local most of the time.

The Big Seven (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Cyborg - Hal didn't want to deal with the extra responsibility) serve as a sort of "board of directors," with Wonder Woman as chairwoman. They're senior members and can pull rank on the rest. Hal has honorary seniority, but no official position beyond standard League membership.

Martian Manhunter, Red Tornado, Mr. Terrific and Cyborg are most often seen doing Monitor Duty, which for the JLU is a full-time job that involves organizing and deploying squads. J'onn, Reddy, Michael and Vic are obviously most fit for this because of their mental or computational abilities. Occasionally someone else will pinch in, but usually it rotates between those four.

There are combat training simulations, and various Leaguers take time out of their schedules to train inexperienced members. Nightwing, Black Canary and other martial artists are often seen doing this, since their skills are most generally applicable, but Leaguers can request some time with someone whose powers are similar to their own, for power-specific strategy.

The League has several bases. The main one is the Watchtower on the moon, which houses the teleportation hub, training and medical facilities, food courts, trophy room, vehicle bay, armory, swimming pool - everything you could conceivably need or want. Social events for Leaguers are held here regularly. There's also the JLU Satellite, which is a reserve base and a carrier for teleportation signals to and from the Watchtower. The League also has several embassies on Earth, the largest of which is the new Hall of Justice, a modernized version of the original (which has been converted into a museum).

JLU will have a constantly rotating cast with at least two missions per issue and three to four characters per squad. A universe-wide showcase of everyone from the A-list to the Z-list, pooling their talents to make the DCU a better place.
    excellent. I was going to pitch a revolving plotter JL title if somebody didn't throw one out there.
    Bring back my DC! In the meantime, make mine Marvel and Image!

Quick question- since Joe Acro had mentioned wanting to do either a Superman or Nightwing title, would he have precedent for what he would want over any of the titles posted today since the thread had indicated second titles would not be chosen until tomorrow?

Likewise, if anyone new wanted to join and someone has their character(s) for their second series?

Action Comics is not exactly a team book, it's more like a team-up book. The main characters individual story beats will weave in and out of each others plotlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkiman View Post
    -One of the main heroic opponents to Jason Todd is Renee Montoya. We'll see what Icefan has planned with the Question business, but in my mind she was the Question, but Charlie either came back to life or was never really dead or whatever, and she passed the mask back to him. But she didn't stop fighting crime her own way. She's a P.I. in Hub, not wearing a mask anymore but still as much of a kung-fu badass as any so-called superhero.
    My thoughts on this are that Renee subbed as the Question in Hub City while Vic recuperated from his cancer in Nanda Parbat. This Vic Sage has a bit of the conspiracy buff trait that was seen in JLU, he has a soft lead on a certain alien plot.

Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    If having Jamie conflicts with the other Blue Beetle but if it does I can replace him.
    I don't have a problem with it, his back story is more connected to Dan Garrett, and I planned on him still being dead.

For the most part the Question, Blue Beetle, and Nightshade aren't that different from their past DCU characterization. Captain Atom is closer to the Charlton interpretation than the "Nathaniel Adam" incarnation. The Hadley "Rip" Jagger version of Judomaster died in battle, and was replaced by his former sidekick. His teenage son Tommy became the new Tiger. Other that his age, Tommy's characterization tracks with his personality as portrayed in Checkmate.

Son of Vulcan's back story is unchanged, save for the fact that this incarnation of the character is African-American. Think Idris Elba as Heimdall in Thor, but in a Roman Centurion uniform of polished bronze, and having flaming red eyes.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

so are there any limits on recycled characters for the 2nd book? I see Nightwing and Cyborg are already in a 2nd book, could they still be used again if it were another team book? Obviously not a 2nd solo book for Nightwing, right?

I guess basically I'm asking how we feel about over-publication of characters?

edit:
    also, I assume Marvel Architects/Image founders+execs/Mike Mignola are pretty much off-limits, but everyone else is fair game? Even Marvel big-shots (see Jeff Parker and Nick Spencer who is technically Marvel exclusive, despite still doing DC work)? Assuming that's the case, I'll pitch my 2nd book (although my picks are safe regardless, unless I can make retroactive picks!)

title: Aquafriends or Aqua Friends (whichever looks best)
    plotter: Dr. Cheesesteak and anyone else who has ideas for 1-shot Aqua adventures!
    writer: John Layman
    artist: Yanick Paquette (may pick Mark Brooks if I assume he's ok to pick...or even Olivier Coipel or Jim Cheung! ...god so many good artists, hard to decide! Nick Bradshaw, Joe Madureira, J. Scott Campbell, and Chris Bachalo would be interesting picks as well. Aw hell, can someone pick for me?!?! But if it has to be a non-Marvel big shot, then Paquette for sure...or Cameron Stewart...hell can I re-draft Woods to this book and put someone else on Outsiders?! aaaaaahhhhh!)
    characters: Aquaman, Mera, Aqualad (Jackson Hyde), Aquagirl (Lorena Marquez), Tempest

pitch: a more light-hearted book, borderline all-ages. Stories will revolve around the Aqua family and their adventures both undersea and on land. I'd like to really dig in to the classic Silver Age type of stories. 1-issue stories (i.e. no decompression) w/ an almost rotating cast. Villains will include the typical Aquaman rogues as well some new generic ones (like the food hunters in the latest series, just way less graphic).

edit2:
    did someone undraft Dick Grayson? I coulda swore he was drafted in first round, but I don't see him on OP in this thread... (any chance you could link the threads, OP?)

edit3:
    ok, i've decided to let my fellow creators vote for who they think should draw the Aquafamily book. the candidates are:
    Yanick Paquette
    Cameron Stewart
    Nick Bradshaw
    Joe Madureira
    J. Scott Campbell
    ...or Pete Woods if he can be re-drafted >_>

edit4:
    well, only WhiteOro voted...so I'll just decide for myself. And picked Cameron Stewart! so final creative pitch:

title: Aqua Friends
    writer: John Layman
    artist: Cameron Stewart
    characters: Aquaman, Mera, Aqualad (Jackson Hyde), Aquagirl (Lorena Marquez), Tempest
    Last edited by Dr. Cheesesteak; 10-27-2011 at 05:45 PM.
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    This Vic Sage has a bit of the conspiracy buff trait that was seen in JLU, he has a soft lead on a certain alien plot.
    You're all making me feel so important.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    edit2:
    did someone undraft Dick Grayson? I coulda swore he was drafted in first round, but I don't see him on OP in this thread... (any chance you could link the threads, OP?)
    Jabare was doing a series with Nightwing, but he got confused with the drafts and ended up far to behind. We all had a complete writing team while he was still blocked at the title. I don't know if TJ just cancelled him or he decided to quit.

edit3:
    ok, i've decided to let my fellow creators vote for who they think should draw the Aquafamily/Aqua Family book. the candidates are:
    Yanick Paquette
    Cameron Stewart
    Nick Bradshaw
    Joe Madureira
    J. Scott Campbell
    ...or Pete Woods if he can be re-drafted >_>
    I'd say Madureira, he has a really fun, colorfull, comicbook-looking art style. He was the only decent thing about Ultimates 3.
    That said, the title Aquafriends doesn't convince me. Using Aquaman in something with the word "Friends" brings always bad memories.

@Schornforce

Im Cool with their Being Two Impulses (there are like three flashes at any given time). I was just basing her look off of what she looked like before she got rebooted.
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

on Jabare, I simply left him off the list because he stopped drafting his stuff so I left out his title.

I'll set up the rest of the titles on the list throughout the day today.

If someone new comes along and pitches a series, I think it is a good idea to give that person preferences over a founders second series, just because it gets more people into playing along with us, and more people is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    @Schornforce

Im Cool with their Being Two Impulses (there are like three flashes at any given time). I was just basing her look off of what she looked like before she got rebooted.
    Neat! :) I'll look up her image and then base Bart's accordingly as well as his powers and what-not. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by TJKernan View Post
    on Jabare, I simply left him off the list because he stopped drafting his stuff so I left out his title.

I'll set up the rest of the titles on the list throughout the day today.

If someone new comes along and pitches a series, I think it is a good idea to give that person preferences over a founders second series, just because it gets more people into playing along with us, and more people is a good thing.
    Cool beans. I'll let him know if I see him on facebook today. Thanks!

Hey, quick question for you all, is anyone basing a team or character in or around Las Vegas? I'm writing up solicits now and want to take the Secret Six on a roadtrip, might be a good chance for a cameo...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    Hey, quick question for you all, is anyone basing a team or character in or around Las Vegas? I'm writing up solicits now and want to take the Secret Six on a roadtrip, might be a good chance for a cameo...
    Not in the near future, but I envisioned one of my villains, Slaughterhouse Smith, to be a big gun of Las Vegas mob, so if you need a villain in the area, it would be cute world building.

Quote Originally Posted by TJKernan View Post
    I was going to pitch a revolving plotter JL title if somebody didn't throw one out there.
    We should definitly think of doing something like this... maybe with the Green Lantern Corps, since nobody seems to be interested in doing something about that sector of DC. It would be a chance to do sci-fi and variegate the line some more.

variegate...nice word

Yeah, I think after the first month's solicitations and we see the reception we will look at the concept of putting out some big name titles out there with revolving creators interested in doing them.

BTW, if everybody wants to start doing their solicitations and sending them to me, once I have all of them in hand, I will set up a thread to solicit the titles and get this whole thing up and running full bore.

For solicitations (especially for the first one), are we gonna post a general description of our titles as well as the first issue's plot? Or is it solely plot? If it's solely plot, I recommend a sort of FAQ and/or a nice link to a post that houses the description of the title (character lists optional)... especially handy if someone new wants to join after we've done some solicitations already.