Page 2 of 136 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

I'm keeping everything pretty much intact for my cast members, though Calendar Man will be written much like he was in The Long Halloween, as more cunning mastermind then flamboyant dresser. Catman's history with the Six will be there, barring any complications with other former members people might be using, with the old guard having either been imprisoned or moved on. The Body Doubles are still mercenaries, though now dropped by their previous employer and working exclusively for Calendar Man, who's bankrolling the entire operation. Mr Freeze has moved past whatever failures and complications he's had with his wife, and is focused more heavily on his cryogenic research. And Livewire will be experiencing fluctuations in her powers, and have to deal with being close to water in Happy Harbor.

What else is coming up....

- Villainous romance! And kissing (ewwww)!
    - Thar be Cap'n Calendar on the horizon!
    - Catman heads back to Gotham and wages war on the GCPD!
    - The Body Doubles call in a favour from....the Police Commissioner?!?
    - Ice Cream truck hijacking!

...and much more!

In the interest of curiosity, how does this process work? I'd consider a few things (Superman and Nightwing titles chiefly among them), but I don't want to sign on to anything I can't commit to.

Nemesis Continuity:

- Nemesis is an assassin and anti-hero, she works for the Kherubim Empire. At the beginning of the series she's sent to Earth to execute a "hostile missione" against Earth.

- Both Deashot and Bane are killer for the government. Their background is pretty much intact, only they started working actively for the United States and are on the president payroll too.

- Miss Martian is a prisoner of the government in an alien camp. She's tender, gentle, but hides an incredible power inside of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Schornforce View Post
    WhitOro, I think it's great that you want Hippolyta. Feel free. She's pretty much unchanged from pre-DCNu... a regal queen, a fierce warrior, a loving mother, and loyal to her pantheon of gods.
    Perfect, I'm eager to see your plots.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    In the interest of curiosity, how does this process work? I'd consider a few things (Superman and Nightwing titles chiefly among them), but I don't want to sign on to anything I can't commit to.
    From the last thread:

"Starting Tuesday morning, 8AM PST we will have open enrollment begin. Anybody who wants to play can pitch a series using characters that have not been reserved by the founders (actually, anybody can do this at any time afterwards as well, but during this time the founders can't pitch their second series--this gives more people the chance to play as well)"

Basically you choose your series (new, old, existing), you main character. Then during drafts, you get to choose your supporting cast, your writer and you artist (in this case, you can pick one already taken, but only if was taken one. Practically every athour/writer gets to do two series at max).
    And that's it. Every month you write the solicitation, you plan arcs, you discuss in this thread the character the crossovers and the other series you want to do.
    Last edited by WhitOro; 10-25-2011 at 06:38 AM.

Egotistical Meglomaniac TJKernan's Avatar

Basically you choose your series (new, old, existing), you main character. Then you get to choose your supporting cast, your writer and you artist (in this case, you can pick one already taken, but only if was taken one. Practically every artist/writer gets to do two series at max).
    And that's it. Every month you write the solicitation, you plan arcs, you discuss in this thread the character the crossovers and the other series you want to do.

If you can't commit to a monthly schedule, but have an idea, than you can also get a co-plotter to help you, or just open up the series and allow others to submit plots and story arcs. I know that is how the Marvel-side does it. They have editors who anybody can submit plots for a series to, and perhaps of we get more people on board, and get more series going, then we will do the same.
    Bring back my DC! In the meantime, make mine Marvel and Image!

If we end up having 18 series, we should think of a way to divide them in lines... If they all look like this, I don't think we will be able to use the one DC already has... well maybe not all...

I have some ideas, some names:

New Dawn - The Brave: heroic, superhero action
    *Wonder Woman,
    *The Planet,
    *Action Comics,
    *Outsiders

New Dawn - The Outcast: antiheroes, villains, less heroic,
    *The Outlaws,
    *Nemesis: Hellbringer,
    *Secret Six,
    *Red Hood,

New Dawn - The Unknown: the most peculiar titles, the dark, the weird, horror, pure science fiction
    *My second series
    *Challengers of the Authority (just for the lineup, I really have no idea what brothers wants to do with this)

Or we can try to use the ones DC has now, like The Edge, The Dark, but personally, I've always found those labels kind of gloomy, I can't really understand them.

So, when do we start writing solicits? And when can we choose a second title?
    Action Comics, American Vampire, AV: Lord of Nightmares, Atomic Robo, Batman Inc, Batwoman, The Flash, Prophet, Uncanny X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by Munkiman View Post
    So, when do we start writing solicits? And when can we choose a second title?
    "Thursday morning, 8AM Founders can then starting pitching second series."

As for the solicits, I have already started writing them...
    For the posting how does it work anyway? We have to send them to TJ and he open the discussion?

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    "Thursday morning, 8AM Founders can then starting pitching second series."

As for the solicits, I have already started writing them...
    For the posting how does it work anyway? We have to send them to TJ and he open the discussion?
    I was wondering the same thing... is it a draft? Do we just pitch the entire book (creators and characters) at the same time? etc
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

Can i say im a little surprised action comics isnt starring superman

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    I was wondering the same thing... is it a draft? Do we just pitch the entire book (creators and characters) at the same time? etc
    I think it will be a draft first comes first gets, with rounds like the one before:
    Title+star
    Writer+character
    Artist+character
    and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by sethysquare View Post
    Can i say im a little surprised action comics isnt starring superman
    That's what surprises you? Not the lack of Batman-Justice League-Green Lanterns?

No drafts, just pitch your second books, and we will see how everything fits and if we have any conflicts.

Matter of fact, frack Thursday, let's get those pitches rolling, so we can start getting solits from people and get this Universe started.

Title: More Fun Comics
    Plotter: TJK
    Writer: Mike Allred
    Artist: Sergio Cariello
    Characters: Eel O'Brien (Plastic Man), Bobo (Detective Chimp), Beatriz da Costa Fire), Mister Mxyzptlk,

Ill add some more as I go...

A little humor to the line-up, with Plas, Chimp, and Fire (eye candy) having their own Detective Agency based out of Hollywood...

Title: Young Justice
    Plotter: Shingi70
    Writer: Nick Spencer
    Artist: Francis Manpaul

Characters:
    Wally West
    Donna Troy
    Impulse (Iris West)
    Robin (Damien Wayne)
    Static (virgil Hawkins)
    Traci 13
    Stargirl (Courtney Whitmore)
    Blue Beetle (Jamie Reyes)

Pretty Much Avengers Academy in the DCU. Other Charcters will drop in here and there but this will be the main cast. Not sure If having Jamie conflicts with the other Blue Beetle but if it does I can replace him.
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

Quote Originally Posted by TJKernan View Post
    and Fire (eye candy)
    Don't write that, there'are people in this forum who will butcher you alive for something like this.

Title-The Offensive

Plotter: Whitoro
    Writer: James Robinson
    Artist: Cliff Chiang

Characters:
    Richard Swift (The Shade),
    Doctor Fate (a new one, without a name),
    Queen Hyppolyta,
    Vandal Savage,
    Exoristos,
    Jim Craddock (Gentleman Ghost).

Kind of the 1800's Justice League, but undercover. I was about to make a longer list, but I'm still thinking about later arcs, so I better stop with this six.
    Last edited by WhitOro; 10-26-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    Don't write that, there'are people in this forum who will butcher you alive for something like this.

Title-The Offensive

Plotter: Whitoro
    Writer: James Robinson
    Artist: Cliff Chiang

Characters:
    Richard Swift (The Shade),
    Doctor Fate (a new one, without a name),
    Queen Hyppolyta,
    Vandal Savage,
    Exoristos,
    Jim Craddock (Gentleman Ghost).

Kind of the 1800's Justice League, but undercover. I was about to make a longer list, but I'm still thinking about later arcs, so I better stop with this six.
    Now this has me curious, and making me wish we WERE the real deal, cuz I wanna read that!

Quote Originally Posted by TJKernan View Post
    Now this has me curious, and making me wish we WERE the real deal, cuz I wanna read that!
    Ahaha, great, thanks, hope to not dissapoint!