Page 6 of 136 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    this is very true... I may need some help on the art of the "extended" solicitation.
    If you want some more advice, you can just send me what you wrote and see If I can help expand, If you trust me, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgenstern View Post
    We even can establish which parts of the old DCU still exist (with regard to our title), within the aforementioned limitation?
    If the change/remains are big you should at least expose it to the rest of the authors and get a formal approvation.

Would there be someone willing to check my suggestion (for a Booster Gold title)? I don't want to mess up anyone's plan and rather not join if it would cause trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgenstern View Post
    Would there be someone willing to check my suggestion (for a Booster Gold title)? I don't want to mess up anyone's plan and rather not join if it would cause trouble.
    There're no Booster Gold titles right now. Just propose your idea here, and we'll see how is it.

My attempt at this. Should my idea violate any of the rules or clash with existing comics or cause any other kind of trouble, just ignore it.

Title: Booster Gold
    Writer & Artist Dan Jurgens

Premise of the first issue (long version. Solicitation will use a shorter one:
    The Booster of the old DCU finds himself in the new dawn universe (instead of the flashpoint world). While the world around him is filled with familiar faces and heroes, much seems to be different, no one recognizances and worst of all, Rip, Rami, Michelle and even Skeets are nowhere to be seen. He does not know if he is in an altered timeline or on in different part of the multiverse.

While trying to find anyone who remembers him, or at least could help him find out what happens, he learns that ND had it own Booster Gold, an almost completely forgotten hero who was in the spotlight of the media years ago but never joined the justice league and quickly faded again and disappeared into obscurity like so many other short-lived heroes.

The one good news he finds, that Ted Kord (BBII) is still alive, tastes much more sour as soon as he realizes that Ted has no idea who he is. With no one to turn to, and not even a place to sleep, he breaks into the long abandoned & empty headquarter of BGI , where he finds an old, deactivated and damaged Skeets.

General cliffnotes:

This Booster Gold has all the memories he just had before Flashpoint, but due the changed nature of the world he cannot completely trust his knowledge. (Guy for example is no Green Lantern).
    The native BG never had his breakthrough and was soon forgotten. His fate and whereabouts are unknown and.
    Rip Hunter (of the old DCU) was able to survive the change to New Dawn through using Vanishing Point to create a similar version of the “Paradise Dimension” created by Alexander Luther. He brought Michelle & Rami with him. He also tried to transport Michael but something went wrong and Michael ended up in the ND world while only Skeets made it to Vanishing Point.
    Not having the means to safely travel from the now created Vanising Point Dimension to Dawnverse, Rip tries to send Skeets alone with instructions for Booster how to reach & save them. Skeets gets badly damaged during the voyage and ends up in the empty BGI building where Michael finds him.

The next part of the Arc would focus on Boosters attempts to fix Skeets. Since he can't get any help from the hero community he decideds to use his knowledge to break into places where he hopes to find the tools and parts required to fix Skeets (STAR labs & Dr. Magnus for example). To keep his name clean he dresses up as various obscure villians who don't seem to exist in the dawnverse. (Which gives ample opportunities to give shout outs to minor characters as well as having BG come to clash with several heroes trying to stop him)

Eventually he'll succeed and with Skeets help he find a away to reunited the group. Any happiness is shortlived though, has a rift opens between Rip and Booster about whether they should try to “fix” the timeline (Rip) or try to start a new life in the dawnverse (Booster).

Uh this is getting kind of long and I better stop for now. Several ideas are missing but I hope there is enough to decide if I should try this or rather crap the whole idea. After all keeping characters from the old DCU (with memories intact) kind of goes against the basic concept of this whole thing...but I kind of like the idea that even in a complete reboot there is at least one small place where at least the memories of all that what happened before are still intact. Also the start is rather similar to the Flashpoint Tie-in, but after all so is the idea of a new, different world.

Also I hope my English was not too much of a pain for all those who went through the trouble of reading it.

When and where are we sending solicits?

Morgensten, I'm not sure about this idea, expecially the part about "remembering the previous universe", I feel like it can bounce around and disturb the others. But I'm not negating the idea, I just I prefer to see what the others think.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    When and where are we sending solicits?
    To TJ, via private message, for the first month, when you have them ready.

This is bad comedy. Schornforce's Avatar

I love the Booster Gold idea, personally and think it'd be great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Schornforce View Post
    I love the Booster Gold idea, personally and think it'd be great fun.
    You mean you lesbian my idea? (sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    Morgensten, I'm not sure about this idea, expecially the part about "remembering the previous universe", I feel like it can bounce around and disturb the others. But I'm not negating the idea, I just I prefer to see what the others think.

like mentioned before, I'll rather scrap the idea than ruining anyone elses fun.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    To TJ, via private message, for the first month, when you have them ready.
    Alright, mine are all sent. Can't wait to see what everyone's got in store!

Morgenstern, I think that's an interesting idea you have. My books stay pretty close to previous continuity so I don't see references to an alternate timeline (or whatever this may be classified as) as a bad thing.

One of the Good Guys maniacmatt's Avatar

So, the name I came up with for the Egyptian Billy Batson was Bakari Bin. Bakari is an Egyptian name meaning "noble oath" which I think is fitting because that is what the "magic word" of Shazam is, in a way. Bin is of Arabic origin, which also fits the setting, and means "son of." I thought it would be appropriat to leave that kind of open-ended, since he's an orphan and wouldn't know who he is a son of. I also decided to keep the alliteration of the original name. Let me know what you guys think.
    I'll whip up a solicit and send it shortly. Is there anything else I need to let you guys know about the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Munkiman View Post

Justice League Unlimited
    For years, the Justice League of America has been an elite team of heroes, charged with protecting the Earth from the most dire threats imaginable, and setting an example for costumed crimefighters the world over. An invitation to join the Justice League is the highest honor a superhero could achieve.

But the world's greatest heroes are no longer enough. The senior members of the League have begun an incredible new initiative: to open the League's doors to all. To expand from a small team to a global organization. They'll train you up from a good-hearted rookie to a professional world-saver.

The Justice League of America is gone. This is the next step in superheroism, the dawn of a new Golden Age. This is Justice League Unlimited.
    I'm not sure if this will step on your toes at all, but since no one is taking any of the a-listers, I was wondering if I could do a second JL book with a more set "best of the best" roster? It would take care of the big characters no one seems to want to write, and I have what I think is a killer idea for a first arc.

Sorry for the triple post, but I thought I should give credit where it's due here. The idea of an Egyptian Billy was inspired by this picture from Evan Shaner's deviantArt:

Egotistical Meglomaniac TJKernan's Avatar

ok, notes...

-maniacmatt, you Shazam series is in, and is listed amongst the first titles, and if you have an idea for an alternate JL title, feel free to pitch it...

-I need brief descriptions for Action Comics, Aqua Friends, Outsiders, The Planet, and Wonder Woman (if they are somewhere and I missed them, I apologize)

-Morgenstern, I don't really like the idea of linking us to old DCU. Why don't you just pitch a new Booster Gold series to let your imagination run wild...

-Crowe, do I have a character list for I, Legionaire?
    Last edited by TJKernan; 10-30-2011 at 11:30 PM.
    Bring back my DC! In the meantime, make mine Marvel and Image!

Quote Originally Posted by TJKernan View Post
    ok, notes...

-Morgenstern, I don't really like the idea of linking us to old DCU. Why don't you just pitch a new Booster Gold series to let your imagination run wild...
    Sorry, that was pretty much the only one I had, so better just ignore my suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by TJKernan View Post
    ok, notes...

-maniacmatt, you Shazam series is in, and is listed amongst the first titles, and if you have an idea for an alternate JL title, feel free to pitch it...
    Cool. There wasn't a roster for the JLU book, so if this steps on any toes, let me know.
    Justice League: World's Finest
    Warren Ellis and Andy Kubert

Roster: Superman, Batman, Starfire, Flash (Wally), Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl, Vixen, The Atom (Ray), John Stewart, and by the end of the arc, Aquaman, Aztek, Shining Knight and Mr. Miracle.

The first arc will be called The Hidden Cities of the Forever People. Simultaneouly, three formerly thought fake cities (Atlantis, El Dorado and Camelot) reveal themselves once again to the world. The Justice League is forced to split their forces to the three locations to investigate, only to find that the cities are far beyond humanity in technology, and they plan on using it to enslave the rest of the planet for the impending return of their gods. The Justice League must stop the cities from enslaving the planet, and then prevent these so called gods from returning.

Notes: My series would be the first time we see Aquaman in this universe, and I also intend for the New Gods and Darkseid to be involved toward the end of the arc. Because they've been cut off from humanity for so long, each of the three cities people are an entirely new species. El Dorado isn't just made of gold, now so are its people. Atlantans have adapted to the depths with scaly skin and gills, and the citizens of Camelot are tall and graceful elf-like people. Aquaman is the prince of Atlantis and refuses to follow the religion of the cities that their leaders believe require them to slaughter innocents. Instead he joins with the Justice League to fight against his people.