Page 78 of 96 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1439

They are just to stupid to grow a beanstalk now. They should wait until Cora is gone and Emma comes back.

I used to love "Jack and the Beanstalk" when I was a kid. It always seemed like most other fairy tales I heard were about girl characters who wanted to go to balls or who got saved through kissing (kid-me: "yuck!"). Or they were kind of repetitive, babyish stories about animals or other things doing human stuff (Three Bears, Three Pigs, Gingerbread Man, etc). But to me, "Jack and the Beanstalk" felt like about as close to a boys' adventure story as popular fairy tales got. So here we have a version of the story where the giant is nice and Jack is not only a villian but a girl. I know it's a valid enough way to put a twist on a famous old folk tale, but there's an eight-year-old version of me at the back of my consciousness screaming "They ruined it!".

I guess I'll just have to content myself with the idea that I tell it better.
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmoduck View Post
    They are just to stupid to grow a beanstalk now. They should wait until Cora is gone and Emma comes back.
    Why didn't Cora just steal it off of him after she'd captured him and find someone else to grow it?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter F. View Post
    Why didn't Cora just steal it off of him after she'd captured him and find someone else to grow it?
    I think the Giants are the only ones with the special knowledge to grow beanstalks. Also, do we know she knew he had the sapling? Her plans were to loose the giant on the town. If it was about the beanstalk, he could have grown it in the Lands.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I think the Giants are the only ones with the special knowledge to grow beanstalks. Also, do we know she knew he had the sapling? Her plans were to loose the giant on the town. If it was about the beanstalk, he could have grown it in the Lands.
    Setting the giant loose on the town was Hook and Regina's plan. We don't necessarily know what Cora's plan was for him.

Do they give out Emmy's for casting? Because Abraham Benrubi as Jorge Garcia's brother was an award-worthy stroke of minor brilliance.

I'm gonna start watching this.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Had the feeling Anton would return in a future episode, but I didn't see this coming. Also, nice use of James or whatever his name is as someone for whose actions David or whatever his name is has to atone for. I was half expecting Regina to really be Cora in disguise, mostly because I thought David and Snow telling her she's innocent would curb her ire a little. Loved the ending with Tiny being christened as a new dwarf. I guess technically a giant shrunken by Wonderland mushrooms can be considered a dwarf. And the whistling...heh.

The Emma scenes were a little slow, and Henry needs to go easy on the Cinnabuns, but at least they set up the delicate situation Gold is in.

Man, this episode had a BUNCH of Lost shout-outs. In addition to having three or four actors who were on Lost, there's also...

-Belle watches Expose on TV in the hospital
    -Ruby gives Belle the book The Mysterious Island, counts as a reference since it is cited as the inspiration of Lost and Emilie de Ravin was on that show.
    -Emma, Henry, and Gold are on an Ajira flight (I heard that correctly, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    I used to love "Jack and the Beanstalk" when I was a kid. It always seemed like most other fairy tales I heard were about girl characters who wanted to go to balls or who got saved through kissing (kid-me: "yuck!"). Or they were kind of repetitive, babyish stories about animals or other things doing human stuff (Three Bears, Three Pigs, Gingerbread Man, etc). But to me, "Jack and the Beanstalk" felt like about as close to a boys' adventure story as popular fairy tales got. So here we have a version of the story where the giant is nice and Jack is not only a villian but a girl. I know it's a valid enough way to put a twist on a famous old folk tale, but there's an eight-year-old version of me at the back of my consciousness screaming "They ruined it!".

I guess I'll just have to content myself with the idea that I tell it better.
    I never thought of it that way, but yeah, I guess it is one of the more action hero heavy ones. At least there's variety these days, I mean, during this episode itself there was a commercial for Jack the Giant Slayer (in theatres March 1st!). And hey, Tess Mercer made for a decent Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Do they give out Emmy's for casting? Because Abraham Benrubi as Jorge Garcia's brother was an award-worthy stroke of minor brilliance.
    It took some insane troll logic to come up with it, but yeah, it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'm gonna start watching this.
    Did you see the most recent ep and what did you think of it?

I like in the UK and sadly on channel 5 they're only showing re runs of season 1 till season 2 airs. It looks great.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Was there a new episode this weekend? My guide said it was a repeat.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Sunday night's episode was called Tiny. It was about the giant Emma met coming to Storybrook, and Gold, Emma and Henry setting off to find Baelfire.

Quote Originally Posted by christinereed View Post
    Sunday night's episode was called Tiny. It was about the giant Emma met coming to Storybrook, and Gold, Emma and Henry setting off to find Baelfire.
    Off I go to find it online...

I might use Netflix.

I don't get how the humans took out the giants, poisons swords or no. Did a whole army climb up the beanstalk immediately after James and Jack? It doesn't seem like that situation would go well. I'm pretty sure they cut away from the "then you'll have a fight" line because they couldn't figure who to show the too of them not getting splattered in the next few seconds.

I'm not sure that was actually Regina in this episode. She seemed more like Cora.
    "Family Guy jumped the shark when i stopped getting high every time i watched it. " - Alex

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I might use Netflix.
    Are the new episodes on Netflix?

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I don't get how the humans took out the giants, poisons swords or no. Did a whole army climb up the beanstalk immediately after James and Jack? It doesn't seem like that situation would go well. I'm pretty sure they cut away from the "then you'll have a fight" line because they couldn't figure who to show the too of them not getting splattered in the next few seconds.
    You're right. That was a little forced. Heck, in the original fairy tales (both "Jack and the Beanstalk" and "Jack the Giant Killer") there's usually a lot more sneaking around and trickery involved. Sometimes to the point of getting the giants to practically kill themselves. Also, the giants tend to seem a lot dumber, too.
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.