Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

When is Grimm being shown? I know nothing about this show.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Your shoelaces are untied Kalen O.'s Avatar

In an article from August, the show's creators were asked about Fables, since ABC does own the license to it and has tried a couple pilots/scripts for it.

At the top of Once‘s TCA session, the ongoing question about similarities to Bill Willingham’s Fables comic-book series, which has twice before tried to make the leap to TV — most recently at ABC — came up. Executive producers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, who on a previous occasion claimed unfamiliarity with Fables, acknowledged that they have since “read a couple issues,” but maintain that while the two projects play “in the same playground, we feel we’re telling a different story,” said Kitsis. The first difference, Katsis humbly said, is Willingham “is probably more talented than we are…. If we get a 10th of the people who liked that, we’d be very happy.”
    My favorite character can beat up your favorite character.

Loser.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    When is Grimm being shown? I know nothing about this show.
    Grimm is on Fridays after Chuck on NBC.

Quote Originally Posted by boyhangover View Post
    Grimm is on Fridays after Chuck on NBC.
    Yes, a new show put directly in the Friday Death Slot, and competing against Supernatural and Fringe to boot. I wonder what NBC were thinking.
    I don't know what to consider canon anymore :(
    Comicmofo
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...1#post17765682

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    Fables was hardly the most original of ideas.
    I get that. And I'm not hating on ABC or the show. It just seems like such an odd coincidence. I can't imagine Bill Willingham (or DC / Vertigo / Warner Brothers) is super impressed.

As for them leaning heavily on Disney names, sort of makes sense since ABC is owned by Disney.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by passer-by View Post
    Yes, a new show put directly in the Friday Death Slot, and competing against Supernatural and Fringe to boot. I wonder what NBC were thinking.
    That fans of Chuck will stick around an hour to watch a new show.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by boyhangover View Post
    That fans of Chuck will stick around an hour to watch a new show.
    Only the ones who aren't already watching Fringe and Supernatural. They're all going after the same audience and the other two are already entrenched. Grimm's going to have a tough time trying to gain a foothold.

Thumbs down

Interesting concept. Fun plot.

TERRIBLE execution.

I wanted to give this series a shot just to try something new for a change... that, and the fact that it seemed like a pretty cool idea for a TV series. Unfortunately, it sucked. Horribly.

The first 5 minutes were pretty decent (the look on that guy’s face when Emma caught him was priceless ). But after about 20 minutes of watching, my attention span gave up and waited for Pan Am to come on at 10:00, LOL. Hell, I even tuned in for the last 10 minutes and it still sucked. I most likely won’t be following this series.

I'm not exactly sure how many episodes, it's slotted for, but I wouldn't be surprised if a swift cancellation is lurking around the corner...
    SistaSoOfficial --CBB. -- THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED.

Bring. Jenn. Back.
    Because harsh reality is clearly a handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Flo View Post
    I'm not exactly sure how many episodes, it's slotted for, but I wouldn't be surprised if a swift cancellation is lurking around the corner...
    http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/rati...e-upon-a-time/

Launching in the Sunday 8 PM slot once occupied by The Wonderful World Of Disney, ABC’s fairytale drama Once Upon A Time got off to a great start last night, pulling in a 3.9 rating/10 share among adults 18-49 and 12.8 million viewers against NFL football on NBC and the World Series on Fox. This is ABC’s highest-rated new series premiere this fall and the season’s No. 1 drama debut in 18-49 on any network.
    I don't know what to consider canon anymore :(
    Comicmofo
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...1#post17765682

Doom has gone Digital LaughingDoomBot's Avatar

I got like 5 people to watch that premiere off word of mouth alone and they all loved it. Doubt we were alone and doubt it's getting cancelled
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ryanorosco.jpg

The only time your too late to try to achieve or become anything, is when your dead

I like Jennifer Morrison in this, but I didn't see anything particularly impressive. I'll stick around though.
    Boobs

Ambivalent about twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Flo View Post
    Interesting concept. Fun plot.

TERRIBLE execution.

I wanted to give this series a shot just to try something new for a change... that, and the fact that it seemed like a pretty cool idea for a TV series. Unfortunately, it sucked. Horribly.

The first 5 minutes were pretty decent (the look on that guy’s face when Emma caught him was priceless ). But after about 20 minutes of watching, my attention span gave up and waited for Pan Am to come on at 10:00, LOL. Hell, I even tuned in for the last 10 minutes and it still sucked. I most likely won’t be following this series.

Yea that was pretty mediocre overall. Clearly a lack of tension for instance wich is why I wonder why regular networks have to make everything so "safe"?

Also I pretty much didn't care for the lead actress. She's not the type of lead character that's intriguing enough to make you want to watch every week.
    Last edited by Frank; 10-24-2011 at 08:55 PM.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

If it doesnt become actual fairy tale war,intrigue with the characters remembering who they are i wont find it interesting.

I like Robert Carlyle but the writing of the first ep was weak.

Sure Fables isnt the most original series at first but this series copied alot.

Only made me want to start reading Fables again ;)
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

What did this series copy from Fables exactly?
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    What did this series copy from Fables exactly?
    Mainly the concept of fairy tale characters in the real, modern world. Other than that, not much. So far, none of the grace notes of Fables have come through other than having Snow White central to the story. Prince Charming isn't a womanizing cad. Geppetto isn't a cruel dictator. There's been no sign of the Big Bad Wolf at all yet. No one's going around calling regular people an insulting term like "Mundy". The primary reason people are saying it's a rip-off is because ABC was reported to have a Fables pilot in the works that never happened, then this show appeared.

However, like I've said before, it's not the most original of ideas. Maybe it's because they're both dramas.
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.