Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Two Series, Two Missions For IDW's "Transformers"

In the wake of the "Death of Optimus Prime," IDW's Transformers Universe sees the Autobots split leadership between Rodimus Prime and Bumblebee for two new ongoings: "More Than Meets The Eye" and "Robots In Disguise."

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    In the wake of the "Death of Optimus Prime," IDW's Transformers Universe sees the Autobots split leadership between Rodimus Prime and Bumblebee for two new ongoings: "More Than Meets The Eye" and "Robots In Disguise."

Full article here.
    Schism anyone?

One book has a concept I like and the other has the characters I like. I wish it was just one book.

Also, I like that Rodimus is a Prime (although I'm not crazy about the IDW character design), but it's difficult to care about when it's impossible to believe Optimus will really be gone for any great length of time. I'm trying to think back to how long he was gone when they killed him in the comics the first time (and stored his mind on a floppy disk. ugh). A couple years? Less? Will IDW try to outlast that?

I always hated the "kill Optimus" thing. I'd much rather have him and Rodimus have seperate teams one on earth and one on Cybertron. Just like I feel the Decepticons should be split into teams with Megatron and Galvatron as leaders. I like the IDW series a lot better than the old Marvel series as far as things not being such a mess (and I'm an old-school type of guy). It's nice that they are focusing on a set group of characters but I hope this doesn't mean some favorites go into limbo. I'd like to see characters like Omega Supreme, Jetfire, Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Tracks, Sky Lynx, Metroplex, Fortress Maximus and many others get the spotlight get introduced for the first time in IDW etc.

more likely to see omega than say METROPLEX
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

BANNED

Why are they spoiling that Optimus is going to die before the book is even released?

i feel like i'm missing something.

Not sure how i feel about the non earth focus that both books are going for so far the non earth stories have been kind of dull compared to the last issue that was earth centric and had Prowl (?) investigating something.

I will give it a try but my hopes are not high.

i'm just glad there's no plans to involve any humans for crying out loud. good work IDW.

I haven't read any TF books since the Dreamwave times.

This sounds like a cool new start. But I'm not sure about the creative teams. Which team do you think is better? What would be the cooler team of 'bots to follow? Why should I pick up one (or two) of the books? And is 3.99 a book worth the price of admission?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ultra_slagmus View Post
    i'm just glad there's no plans to involve any humans for crying out loud. good work IDW.
    What do you have against humans?

Are you racist against humans?