Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Does someone knows where this pic comes from :

Looks like a private commission...

I've come to realize Jim Lee isnt actually that great of an artist. He draws abnormally large rib cages and odd waists. Not only that but he doesnt seem to do good doing profile views. His style is whats interesting but thats about it.
    Well, Jim Lee draws comic-books. If you like realism, take a look at Alex Ross.
    No comic-book artist draws the right proportions : it's called a "style". If you take Bruce Timm, Jim Lee, Ivan Reis, Greg Capullo, Tony Daniel, etc. you'll realize that there's always gonna be "abnormal parts" in their anatomy. Yet again, they are comic-book artists.
    I saw an interview of Jim Lee where he explains the fact of changing what reality should be when he draws, with more angular lines. His interpretation of Jim Gordon in Batman Hush characterize his style : a 50 years old guy (human) that has the muscle structure of a guy that did 20 years of body-building... But that's what I love about his art, the fact of embellishing and idealizing reality. He is by far my favorite artist in the comic-book industry and he is a standard for my tastes in terms of comic-book pencillers (Scott Williams and Alex Sinclair playing an important role in the final rendition).

His Superman is absolutely perfect (except for that new costume which looks horrible)!
    Last edited by TheDarkness; 11-05-2011 at 02:48 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkness View Post

No comic-book artist draws the right proportions : it's called a "style". If you take Bruce Timm, Jim Lee, Ivan Reis, Greg Capullo, Tony Daniel, etc. you'll realize that there's always gonna be "abnormal parts" in their anatomy. Yet again, they are comic-book artists.
    I saw an interview of Jim Lee where he explains the fact of changing what reality should be when he draws, with more angular lines. His interpretation of Jim Gordon in Batman Hush characterize his style : a 50 years old guy (human) that has the muscle structure of a guy that did 20 years of body-building... But that's what I love about his art, the fact of embellishing and idealizing reality. He is by far my favorite artist in the comic-book industry and he is a standard for my tastes in terms of comic-book pencillers (Scott Williams and Alex Sinclair playing an important role in the final rendition).

His Superman is absolutely perfect (except for that new costume which looks horrible)!
    Good post sir. Not really that big of a fan of Alex Ross, but I get what you mean. His style is good, but some times you just have to look at what you draw and not give everyone the same appearence which he suffers from. (I wouldent exactly portray Jim like that). But so many comic artists do that so, nothing personal against him. The majority of them do that.

http://superman-wonderwoman.deviantart.com/ (featuring some of the best superman/wonder woman art )

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkness View Post

Arthur Adams > Jim Lee

BANNED

BANNED

Henry Cavill as Clark Kent

Superman:"I'm a newspaperman; I'll take a vacation when I die."

Can someone help me finding out where this pic comes from?

It's a really nice shot!

BANNED

Superman rocks

Here is I fanart I did yesterday (pencills + black pen, I reworked the logo from a Google image) :

And this is my attempt at coloring it :

I started learning recently about coloring so I didn't get the result I wanted! But I'll surely recolor it some day when I get better.