Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

He only showed up once before (that I know of) in a story called Casualties which I think may currently be free on Dark Horse Digital, but only till the end of the month. Get it, and read it, it can be read at any time. It's only eight pages.

Vaughn is a little different from most of the mormal human characters being introduced lately in that he didn't join during the frog war or the stuff that follows. He's been a part of the B.P.R.D. since the 1980s, so he's got a different point of view on this stuff. I'll be interested to see him explored further if he doesn't meet a sudden end in issue 2.

Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    Ash was, at least in her design document by Cameron Stewart, said to be a redhead.
    That's odd. Her hair's clearly a light brown in War on Frogs #3, especially when you see her standing next to Liz for comparison.

This was a fantastic issue. I love seeing vampires again in BPRD.
    I hope that vampires are going to have an important part in the BPRD because they've been so underused so far. Hopefully we get something when 1948 finally comes out, apparently this year.

Multiversity Comics has been doing reviews/artist interviews for every Mignola book that comes out. Here is Picken's County Horror #1.

I really like what Multiversity Comics is doing.

The return of vampires was definitely welcome. Refreshingly subtle too. Though only two panels, I really enjoyed Jason Latour's take on Hellboy.

Quote Originally Posted by horror_of_sorts View Post
    This was a fantastic issue. I love seeing vampires again in BPRD.
    I hope that vampires are going to have an important part in the BPRD because they've been so underused so far. Hopefully we get something when 1948 finally comes out, apparently this year.
    Funny thing was (and this is coming from someone who has read ALL the Hellboy & BPRD comics AND prose works) is that my first reaction was "there are no vampires in the Hellboy universe!!!" Then I had to stop and realize: oh, yes there ARE, just they've been hiding.

You do have to wonder, what with the stuff that's been going on in BPRD with the frogs and the Ogdrah Hem et al, how that would be good for vampires. Would seem to put humans in severe jeopardy, and thus vampires. But who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by emb021 View Post
    Funny thing was (and this is coming from someone who has read ALL the Hellboy & BPRD comics AND prose works) is that my first reaction was "there are no vampires in the Hellboy universe!!!" Then I had to stop and realize: oh, yes there ARE, just they've been hiding.

You do have to wonder, what with the stuff that's been going on in BPRD with the frogs and the Ogdrah Hem et al, how that would be good for vampires. Would seem to put humans in severe jeopardy, and thus vampires. But who knows...
    Myeah, but then, since there'd be all the other stuff as well, like old gods and ancient powers that be or even werejaguars and wendiigo's or Russian Mothers getting shaken up into a fright, then there just wouldn't be any hope for anybody and their dead dogs out there. Sort of just like in real life .

Quote Originally Posted by magri View Post
    The return of vampires was definitely welcome. Refreshingly subtle too. Though only two panels, I really enjoyed Jason Latour's take on Hellboy.
    Subtle sounds good. Like they wouldn't sparkle and stuff, or aspire to teenaged crushes? Sounds good, anything but that...
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Where was that Casualties story published? I've never seen that one before. Do you know which trade the Seattle story is collected in? I've never seen that one either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    Where was that Casualties story published? I've never seen that one before. Do you know which trade the Seattle story is collected in? I've never seen that one either.
    Casualties was originally given away as a download code from comic shops. It has been reprinted in the BPRD: Being Human trade. Seattle is collected in the BPRD: Hell On Earth: New World trade

Isn't the Vampires lying low from the Lord Baltimore books, or am I getting confused. Or from another recent mini? I seem to remember it from somewhere in Mignolaland.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Isn't the Vampires lying low from the Lord Baltimore books, or am I getting confused. Or from another recent mini? I seem to remember it from somewhere in Mignolaland.
    Yeah, two different worlds. Vampires haven't really been used a lot in Hellboy/B.P.R.D. Really, Hellboy: The Vârcolac is the only thing coming to me at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick r View Post
    Yeah, two different worlds. Vampires haven't really been used a lot in Hellboy/B.P.R.D. Really, Hellboy: The Vârcolac is the only thing coming to me at the moment.
    I was thinking BPRD: 1947 would be thé Hellboyverse vampire-nod - or am I going crazy here?
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    I was thinking BPRD: 1947 would be thé Hellboyverse vampire-nod - or am I going crazy here?
    Nope, they are in that story as well. I was just throwing out what was not already mentioned above.

Curious thing too. I noticed the Right Hand of Doom TPB and the Library Edition including The Vârcolac story didn't list Dark Horse Extra #'s 14-19 as where the original story was published. Perhaps that is due to the layout changes and additional panels drawn/re-drawn for the "vertical" orientation.

Ah, merely completing what wasn't yet mentioned, got it.

And yeah, I too would suppose the DHE references the special format - and if a reprint would be of the altered format, the original would no longer get referenced to.
    . ~

Quote Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
    Casualties was originally given away as a download code from comic shops. It has been reprinted in the BPRD: Being Human trade. Seattle is collected in the BPRD: Hell On Earth: New World trade
    It's also available for free (or was) on the Dark Horse Comics digital thing (app and/or website!).