Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 91 to 104 of 104
  1. #91
    Hell Notes Historian Middenway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,274

  2. #92
    Senior Member UnravThreads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    And I correct them about Vaughn :D

  3. #93
    Webcomicker Kelly Tindall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    904

    Default

    Great art, but Vaughn as a character was purely reactionary and survived through dumb luck. Having most of the second issue's dialogue be slimy ghostly screaming didn't do it any favors, either. Great art, though. Latour is the real deal.
    Strangebeard: It's not the size of the pirate in the fight, but the size of the fight in the pirate.

  4. #94
    Hell Notes Historian Middenway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Tindall View Post
    Great art, but Vaughn as a character was purely reactionary and survived through dumb luck. Having most of the second issue's dialogue be slimy ghostly screaming didn't do it any favors, either. Great art, though. Latour is the real deal.
    You're not the only one who thinks so. This review is pretty damning of the second-issue's writing. I still had fun with this story, but I was quite lenient with it, knowing there's a larger story in the works here. Truthfully though, this last issue had jumbled writing and could've been better.

  5. #95
    Senior Member UnravThreads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,049

    Default

    Pickens County was an issue too short, in my opinion. The last part of the second issue was just too compressed.

  6. #96
    Hell Notes Historian Middenway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    Pickens County was an issue too short, in my opinion. The last part of the second issue was just too compressed.
    Yeah, it could've really used another issue to breathe. It made the pacing feel a bit off, especially that abrupt ending.

  7. #97
    Webcomicker Kelly Tindall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    You're not the only one who thinks so. This review is pretty damning of the second-issue's writing. I still had fun with this story, but I was quite lenient with it, knowing there's a larger story in the works here. Truthfully though, this last issue had jumbled writing and could've been better.
    I love The Factual Opinion. Tucker Stone writes for the Comics Journal now, too.
    Strangebeard: It's not the size of the pirate in the fight, but the size of the fight in the pirate.

  8. #98
    Senior Member UnravThreads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post
    Yeah, it could've really used another issue to breathe. It made the pacing feel a bit off, especially that abrupt ending.
    Plus it'd mean more of Latour's art.

    I mean, that guy can draw (sorry if I spoiled it for anyone!):


    Her waist? Proof he knows what a woman looks like.

  9. #99
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Was anyone else intrigued by the mention of Rev. Treadwell? It was like when Sir Grey was first mentioned in Wake the Devil. They don't really have a Revolutionary era monster fighter in the Mignola-verse, this might be his first mention.

  10. #100
    Hell Notes Historian Middenway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,274

    Default Trade cover


    Collecting:
    • The Pickens County Horror
    • The Transformation of J.H. O'Donnell
    • The Abyss of Time
    Last edited by Middenway; 02-08-2013 at 07:48 AM.

  11. #101
    formerly "Jr." Junior Wormwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    76

    Default

    That trade cover is beautiful!

  12. #102
    didism didism's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Truly great cover for The Three stories.

    But I wonder when will Exorcism be collected.

  13. #103
    Hell Notes Historian Middenway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,274

    Default

    I imagine it will be collected with other Ashley Strode stories when Cameron Stewart is finished with them, but nothing has been said about it yet.

  14. #104
    Hell yeah! Kees_L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    7,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Middenway View Post

    Collecting:
    • The Pickens County Horror
    • The Transformation of J.H. O'Donnell
    • The Abyss of Time
    Heh, I can't help seeing mr Mike himself as walking into that picture, with the glasses and that suit on, like

    "Hey yeah I know this place, turns out as - meh - pretty okay I guess..."

    with Hellboy sort of knowing of having him behind him, seemingly as pretty much not amused, as like:

    "Aw crap, I knew this was gonna happen sooner or later. Who is gonna shepherd that dude clear from
    stinky mushrooms or skeletons up closets but me, the big guy.
    Stab me, mold me, kill me, why not?! Tag along, sure, there's gonna be sights to see.
    I can take it, I can make it all work out since I got me this jolly old big hand right here..."


    It's just a thought, in the back of my mind, seeming amusing to me in ways.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •