Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I'm surprized that the Team's not called (AoA's) X-TERMINATORS...!!

Sigh. When will Marvel learn to leave well enough alone. You couldn't have asked for a better ending to the AOA universe, than the one we got in Omega. If they wanted to milk it some more, they should have stuck with tales from AOA's past.
    Hes thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done?

Junior Member Shaun of Candlekeep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by witness View Post
    Sigh. When will Marvel learn to leave well enough alone. You couldn't have asked for a better ending to the AOA universe, than the one we got in Omega. If they wanted to milk it some more, they should have stuck with tales from AOA's past.
    Agreed. The ending, Magento standing with his wife and son watching what he believed would be the end of the world and convinced that in willfully sacrificing them and their world to restore the 616 timeline he had made all their lives better, was just brilliant. Such a fitting end to such a broken and depressed timeline: even their greatest heroes believed that suicide would be preferrable if it gave the 616 a chance to exist.

And then the 10 year anniversary came along. Way to honour you iconic story Marvel. *slow clap*
    Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought honourably. And Rhaegar died.

Hellsing and Dracula Geek Thess's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun of Candlekeep View Post
    Agreed. The ending, Magento standing with his wife and son watching what he believed would be the end of the world and convinced that in willfully sacrificing them and their world to restore the 616 timeline he had made all their lives better, was just brilliant. Such a fitting end to such a broken and depressed timeline: even their greatest heroes believed that suicide would be preferrable if it gave the 616 a chance to exist.

And then the 10 year anniversary came along. Way to honour you iconic story Marvel. *slow clap*
    Because that ending was a love letter to the unmentionable wallpaper of the X-Franchise: Xavier. Of course they would trash it.

- Why they said Cyclops was supposed to be dead? He did'nt die at the end of AoA, right?
    - Who ares Bones and Stephanie, mentioned in Donald Pierce scene at the Hellfire Club?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by en.sabah.nerd View Post
    Solicitations for x-force 19.1 says we'll be getting an ongoing set in the AOA featuring a new team called the x-terminated. Someday soon the marvel editors are going to run out of new x-something team names... but not yet.

what do you guys think? I'm on board as long as Rick Remender is writing, though I have to say that I'm not really sure what "Age of Apocalypse" means anymore... the original 90's series was dramatically different in tone and style than the mid-2000s series, and both were dramatically different than the recent x-force reiteration.

Who all do you think is on the x-terminiated team (featured on the cover of x-force 19.1)? Obviously AOA Sabertooth and Jean Grey.

I think the blonde guy is 616 Warren, wingless post-Dark Angel Saga and trying to make amends by fighting Apoca-Wolverine.

Besides that, I have almost no idea. The woman who, in the original teaser art, looked to be holding Electra-style daggers now looks like a female Wolverine-spin off character (the "daggers" are curved and may be coming out of her hands, and her mask is Wolverine reminiscent).

What do you all think?
    one of the members is william stryker, the chick with blades is another human......this looks stupid

I got UXF 19.1, which was a feature on this cast. It wasn't very good. It was done by Remender, who I like a lot better than Lapham, and it was still pretty meh.
    Pot+Kettle - "This post went so full retard that it had to be quoted."

BANNED

I can't believe this series isn't getting more attention. Marvel finally puts out a good x-books and it gets ignored. Didn't like the art at first but it started to match the book's feel. I hope this series lasts for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin9977 View Post
    I can't believe this series isn't getting more attention. Marvel finally puts out a good x-books and it gets ignored. Didn't like the art at first but it started to match the book's feel. I hope this series lasts for a good while.
    I know. I didn't even know it had come out last week. I just got it this week. It was yet again another fantastic issue with great art and characterization, it even had Jean Grey apparently the most popular fictional character....and nothing.

Such a shame too, I'll be really pissed off if it book get cancelled. I think the sales are actually okay though, despite the fact that many people online aren't talking about it.
    http://blanchett.t15.org
    Please pledge only 5 days left for Kirsten Vangness' hilarious Kill Me Deadly movie!http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...lm-noir-comedy