Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Chicks Dig Me!

Quote Originally Posted by matthew_lane View Post
    Yes. If you said that out loud at a comic convention you'd be lynched for suggesting that Liefeld should be in any way involved in any comic book ever, under any circumstance.
    No - this post doesn't make sense. If you've ever been to a convention that Rob was at, you would know that he always has one of the (if not the) longest lines.

Buy Savage Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Earth2Invincible View Post
    Surpreme for sure. However, wouldn't the next issue be #62 since they are counting minis and Return was 5 issues. But whatever.
    The Return was 6 issues. Moore wrote them as 57-62 so yeah, the first issue should be #63. I've been lucky enough to see some of the art and Moore's script. Fans of both the Moore stuff and the original Supreme really will love this. So much fun.

I'm going to be buying the hell out of all of these. Eric Stephenson editing the books again is a great move. His runs on NewMen and Youngblood were my fave of the Extreme era.

Tim Seeley has been great for a while now and it's a real thrill to see Joe Keatinge get a book like Glory. Not seen Black Swan but it seems like a big coup so nicely done.

I've mixed feelings about continuing the numberings. It makes sense for Supreme as it's a true continuation of what went on before. The rest though just seems like a cheat to get higher issue numbers. Putting the various volumes of these books together would make for a strange reading experience. The numerous relaunches and abandoned series would cause all kinds of confusion.

Odd.
    - Gav

If you've ever thought about trying Savage Dragon but the high issue numbers intimidate you, why not visit the SD Wiki? You'll catch up in no time.

http://savagedragonwiki.wikispaces.com/

Senior Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Intrigued and oddly interested in these books.
    I've been on an "Early Image" spending spree and picked up Youngblood, Brigade, Prophet and Bloodstrike. Working on some others, but they weren't that bad. (I actually liked Prophet back in the day.)
    Should be interesting.

If they can actually get this up and running into a cohesive universe then theres a lot of potential there.
    Looking forward to seeing what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoGoatee View Post
    Not usually this skeptical about internet posts, but this thread has several Oct 2011 registered users with 1 post praising this news. I think some plants might be growing in here.

I'm one of the "first posters" and I wasn't "planted" by anyone. This was just the first topic that motivated me to actually register and participate.

Why? Because I've been a big fan of these characters for a long time and this appears to be a legitimate attempt at reviving them. The internet (comic book message boards especially) can be a very negative place. When you like something , I think it's important to speak up and share your opinion. Otherwise, there's always going to be some cynic rolling their eyes and saying "this sucks" before it's even released. It's a balance thing. People are quick to bash 90's stuff online.... and Liefeld projects in particular, but i truly believe they're a vocal minority. I've been in line with guys at shows that feel the same way about this stuff as i do. There's a ton of people that care about these characters. These books sold fairly well the first time around... Is it so unreasonable to think that they might still have a following after all these years?

If i rave about the old stuff it's because I liked it. ... not because someone told me to. There's a big difference between being a fan and being a stooge.

I'm thrilled about the Alan Moore stuff; I was so annoyed when his Supreme and Youngblood (and Glory!) just up and ended in mid-story. Hooray!

It almost gives one hope for that 1963 annual.

Nah. I'm not buying.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    As much as we would wanna get in2 Extreme studio comix...d seriously sever lack of xcter diversity is a very sever deterrant. It would b nice 2 c xcters of various bakgrounds & different parts of d world.
    Yeah! Bring back Chapel and Sentinel.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

Quote Originally Posted by matthew_lane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by C. Earl
    Is it really so terribly wrong to admit that I'm actually pleased by this?
    Yes. If you said that out loud at a comic convention you'd be lynched for suggesting that Liefeld should be in any way involved in any comic book ever, under any circumstance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharcque View Post
    No - this post doesn't make sense. If you've ever been to a convention that Rob was at, you would know that he always has one of the (if not the) longest lines.
    Agreed. People do more complaining on the 'net where they don't have to actually face people...
    Last edited by C. Earl; 10-15-2011 at 02:02 PM.
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

This is the best news of the con so far. I can't wait to have these in my hand. Looking forward to the great art and talent these excellent creative teams will bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharcque View Post
    That's coz Liefeld's crap appeals to the masses of asses...LIKE A BOSS!

Just curious about something--no real interest in any of the books.

Did Liefeld pay Moore for that "unpublished" story already? If so, will Moore get any money from the new issue? On that line, as far as I could tell from the article, Liefeld only has ONE unpubbed Moore story, so is Moore writing NEW stories or is Moore merely the lure to bring back the series?

Buy Savage Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaRainbow View Post
    Just curious about something--no real interest in any of the books.

Did Liefeld pay Moore for that "unpublished" story already? If so, will Moore get any money from the new issue? On that line, as far as I could tell from the article, Liefeld only has ONE unpubbed Moore story, so is Moore writing NEW stories or is Moore merely the lure to bring back the series?
    I'd imagine he was paid.

Rob said there was only one Supreme script and then Erik takes over the book completely on his own.

There are other scripts left for Glory and Youngblood. I think there's some for Warchild too.
    - Gav

If you've ever thought about trying Savage Dragon but the high issue numbers intimidate you, why not visit the SD Wiki? You'll catch up in no time.

http://savagedragonwiki.wikispaces.com/

Even if you don't like Liefeld it's hard to deny that some of these look pretty good.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by anilbangkok View Post
    Bloodstrike = Deadcable?
    Now I want a comic about zombie Nathan Summers.