Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: NYCC: The Resurrection of Extreme Studios

Announced today at NYCC, Rob Liefeld's Extreme Studios returns to Image Comics with new issues of "Youngblood," "Prophet," "Glory" and never before published Alan Moore "Supreme" stories.

Full article here.

The devil is a gentleman. devildinosaur's Avatar

Cue the late books in 3...2...1...

Is it really so terribly wrong to admit that I'm actually pleased by this? Say what you want about Liefeld, but I really enjoyed those books and characters. I did actually prefer Glory to Wonder Woman back then and I do still have that entire run in a longbox somewhere...
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

Thumbs up

I would actually read these if I could... its too bad

I've always loved Liefeld's enthusiasm. I'll definitely give some of these titles a read.
    "The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker side of the Doctor’s nature. Somewhere between his 12th and final incarnation."

I doubt I'll buy these books but glad to see Liefeld use these characters. I have to also say that Glory was actually pretty decent. It's a Wonder Woman rip-off but at the same time had some more intriguing elements.

I think Liefeld's need here though is a quality editor.

Left to his own devices we get a Bloodstrike cover that looks like Deadpool's head on a Youngblood leftover...then compare that the Seely's far more unique and nuanced cover. Liefeld's best work was at Marvel where he did NOT have free range and I think he's best to step back and listen. With that said I don't think Stephenson is the right person given the past of Extreme.

What I'd LOVE to see if for Liefeld to really become a game changer and put out his books digitally for $0.99. The cost/profit opportunities are there to be had and Marvel/DC sit off on the sides afraid to venture forward. Archie is doing a great job but Liefeld's name will raise eyebrows at the very least and the industry coverage he'd get would be plentiful.

A full on relaunch of a cohesive universe with online digital comics for $0.99 would be pretty revolutionary.

Quote Originally Posted by I-Ching View Post
    A full on relaunch of a cohesive universe with online digital comics for $0.99 would be pretty revolutionary.
    That is pretty much the going price for most back issues of Liefeld projects already.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by I-Ching View Post

What I'd LOVE to see if for Liefeld to really become a game changer and put out his books digitally for $0.99. The cost/profit opportunities are there to be had and Marvel/DC sit off on the sides afraid to venture forward. Archie is doing a great job but Liefeld's name will raise eyebrows at the very least and the industry coverage he'd get would be plentiful.

I like the way you think

And you are right, this strategy would work - people always respond to low prices - always

Great news Rob! Looking forward to Youngblood and Prophet.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

I am REALLY looking forward to this.

HUGE fan of the original Extreme Universe. Liefeld's corner of Image was always my favorite. Love these characters. Good times. Great memories.

- BLOODSTRIKE : Holy $hit! Looking forward to this one the most! Bloodstrike was always my favorite Image book. The Karl Altstaetter ( Deity, Me2) and Robert Napton run is still one of my favorite runs EVER. Yes, literally..EVER. I friggin love this character! Tim Seeley looks like a great choice. Hack / Slash is awesome so i have high expectations for this series.

- Youngblood : It's been 19 years since YB launched and it's still one of the best ideas around. The only thing Youngblood has ever been lacking is regularity. Now it looks like it's going to finally get some. Jon Malin is perfect for this book.... That Nitrogen book Liefeld mentioned looked amazing so this is going to be sick. Love this guys work. Can't wait to see what the Black Swan guy has in store for this book.

- Supreme : Alan Moore and Erik Larsen?! Whaaaaat??!. Nothing else needs to be said. If things get any better my nose is gonna start bleeding. Thats insane. Must have!

- Glory : I own every Wonder Woman comics since 1987 and for years i've been saying that Glory is everything i've always wanted Wonder Woman to be. The old Glory series presented this character with much more "spark" and personality than Wonder Woman. Seriously.... This is coming from a life-long Wonder Woman fan. Don't dismiss this character as a rip off. In many ways she's an improvement. Trust me. If this is as good as the original then you guys are in for a treat.

- Prophet : Not sure what to think about this one because the character is almost unrecognizable. With that being said.... it's also the most mysterious. The time travel aspect might make this book the one with the most room to go crazy. I'm anxious to check this one out.... Curiosity factor is high. If Liefeld and Eric Stephenson gave these guys the green light then i'm confident they've got some really cool stuff planned.

As much as we would wanna get in2 Extreme studio comix...d seriously sever lack of xcter diversity is a very sever deterrant. It would b nice 2 c xcters of various bakgrounds & different parts of d world.

More alan moore supreme? SOLD! More Youngblood and Glory? Sold!
    Save DCU from DCNU!

Q.: How can you tell when Dan DiDio is lying?
    A.: When you see his lips move.

What ever happened to the Brigade relaunch from a few years ago? Oh right, never happened.

Holy Book Overload Batman Earth2Invincible's Avatar

Surpreme for sure. However, wouldn't the next issue be #62 since they are counting minis and Return was 5 issues. But whatever.
    Pull List:The good kind of books.

dead blood strike pool