Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Morrison's "Wonder Woman" May Debut in 2012

Grant Morrison's long-rumored "Wonder Woman" series returned to the spotlight this week as the megastar writer described his work on the yet-to-be-officiously-announced project as "the hardest project I've ever done."

Full article here.

comic fan from Slovakia Hromovlad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Grant Morrison's long-rumored "Wonder Woman" series returned to the spotlight this week as the megastar writer described his work on the yet-to-be-officiously-announced project as "the hardest project I've ever done."

Full article here.
    A back to the roots approach to Wonder Woman could very well be what the series needs

From the Trinity, Wonder Woman is the only one to have never recovered from the CCA back in the 50s
    I'm from middle-Europe.
    This is where I get my comics from.
    My experiences with comics are different than yours.
    Live with it!

ARgghhh^% I cant freaking wait for this

I have yet to understand, he's gonna take over the book or make an entirely new series?
    And in the case the first option is the right one, then I really hope he doesn't took away anything Azzarello has done.

My joy cannot be textually rendered. If Azzarello's series is doing well at that time, as I hope it will, Morrison's title - mini, whatever - could be *just* the push Wonder Woman needs. \0/

Im excited about this, but I hope he doesn't drop AC just to write this or I'll be really disappointed. I hope he can handle 2 books at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by sethysquare View Post
    Im excited about this, but I hope he doesn't drop AC just to write this or I'll be really disappointed. I hope he can handle 2 books at a time.
    He can manage. 2010 had Batman & Robin, Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne, few issues of Batman all happening at the same time, then you gotta remember he also wrote Final Crisis, Seven Soldiers and so on so on. He can definitely manage.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    I have yet to understand, he's gonna take over the book or make an entirely new series?
    And in the case the first option is the right one, then I really hope he doesn't took away anything Azzarello has done.
    Doubt it's going to be a story that's actually a part of the main universe.
    Partially because Morrison hasn't ever been mentioned as the next writer of the WW monthly, but also at this stage it would be extremely disrespectful of DC to pull this kinda move on Azzarello since the Morrison WW rumors have been around since before #1 was released. Like imagine Dan having lured Brian to write WW then hits him with something like this:

"Glad you're on board Brian to shake up the story and dare to put your name on the changes. But we only want you to do the first 12-24 issues before we have a star-writer taking over and pretty much wiping out whatever you did."

Now, if I was Brian...I'd be pissed (like JMS was when FP was announced).

With all of that said, I am also really looking forwards to seeing what Morrison digs out of the WW closet...since he's like Batman; he always finds the dirty underwear and finds interesting things to do with it. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Doubt it's going to be a story that's actually a part of the main universe.
    Partially because Morrison hasn't ever been mentioned as the next writer of the WW monthly, but also at this stage it would be extremely disrespectful of DC to pull this kinda move on Azzarello since the Morrison WW rumors have been around since before #1 was released. Like imagine Dan having lured Brian to write WW then hits him with something like this:

"Glad you're on board Brian to shake up the story and dare to put your name on the changes. But we only want you to do the first 12-24 issues before we have a star-writer taking over and pretty much wiping out whatever you did."

Now, if I was Brian...I'd be pissed (like JMS was when FP was announced).

With all of that said, I am also really looking forwards to seeing what Morrison digs out of the WW closet...since he's like Batman; he always finds the dirty underwear and finds interesting things to do with it. :)
    Well, that'll be fun. But I hope I never ever get to read a book by BMB. haha.

Read the article in the OP, and I don't think any of those quotes are new.

After a bit of googling, I found that yep: this is the same stuff from Edinburgh as posted on comicbookGRRRL on Oct 12.

Edit: And now I look at the OP date, and see this was a bit of thread necromancy on jamie23m's part...

...IGNORE ME!
    Last edited by LSM; 12-04-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LSM View Post
    Read the article in the OP, and I don't think any of those quotes are new.

After a bit of googling, I found that yep: this is the same stuff from Edinburgh as posted on comicbookGRRRL on Oct 12.

Edit: And now I look at the OP date, and see this was a bit of thread necromancy on jamie23m's part...

...IGNORE ME!
    Well durr. I wanted to post my excitement for this book.

This will probably be a miniseries, graphic novel, or set in Earth One.

I would prefer it was tailored to the New 52, so there would be an even greater body of material for Wonder Woman's new foundation.
    I like comic books.

I'll check it out just from hearing some of what he thought on WW. I hope its really good and not like his Action run.
    Sane Bat-Time, Sane Bat-Channel...

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    This will probably be a miniseries, graphic novel, or set in Earth One.

I would prefer it was tailored to the New 52, so there would be an even greater body of material for Wonder Woman's new foundation.
    I thought the current series was Earth One, and the JSA version was Earth Two? Did that change with the New 52?

At the moment I really don't want Morrison on this book unless Azzarello wants to leave the book. However, Morrison doing his version of the 1940's JSA Wonder Woman could be very cool.
    Favourite characters: Dani Moonstar - Loki - Magik - Shinobi Shaw - Karma - Shatterstar
    arachne3003.deviantart.com Update 12/24/11

They are talking about the Earth One GN universe...I believe.