Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: NYCC: Ann Nocenti Returns To Comics With "Green Arrow"

Writer Ann Nocenti spoke with CBR News exclusively about her return to comics and her plans to take over as ongoing writer on DC Comics' newly-relaunched "Green Arrow."

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Writer Ann Nocenti spoke with CBR News exclusively about her return to comics and her plans to take over as ongoing writer on DC Comics' newly-relaunched "Green Arrow."

Full article here.
    OH MY gawd!!!
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

They gave a female writer RED HOOD to persuade her to take a job as writer of Green Arrow.

Dan, I don't know what to say

One of the smartest writers ever to play in comics returns.

Krul to Nocenti? This is an unprecedented improvement in a book. Unprecedented.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Wow that's HUGE!!! Amazing!
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

I'm shocked.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

That's REALLY surprising. An extremely welcome change, for sure. It looks like I'll be sticking it out with Green Arrow after all.
    Oh my god, Canon! *masturbates furiously*
    - just another user

BANNED

Exciting but 3rd writer in 7 months is surely going to damage the books momentum. They should have led with Nocenti pure and simple. I am worried this is going to happen to a few other books. I imagine Giffen is a placeholder for Superman as well.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

I don't think I've read anything by her, but her past runs sound pretty exciting. I'm reading what she's saying in this interview and...yeah, I'll definitely have to give this a shot.
    Last edited by DarkKnghtJared; 10-13-2011 at 12:42 PM.

I don't think I've ever read anything by her, but i've heard her name before.
    After looking at her past work this looks like it should be good, a writer who addresses political issues in their work should be perfect for Green arrow.

Bit upset that Keith Giffen is just a place holder, I was looking forward to his run, but the new writer for the title looks good, so I'm not too bothered.

Nocenti does have the skills necessary to write Green Arrow. I've read a little of here Daredevil run, but what I saw had topics that fit with the character.

Words cannot express how pleased I am with this development.
    Yes, I hate everything [REDACTED BY ORDER OF CBR] has written.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewulf View Post
    Exciting but 3rd writer in 7 months is surely going to damage the books momentum. They should have led with Nocenti pure and simple. I am worried this is going to happen to a few other books. I imagine Giffen is a placeholder for Superman as well.
    My general sentiments as well.
    Currently recommending: Daredevil, Mudman ( it's back!), Hawkguy, and FF. Can't miss!

Damn you, DC, for making me want to pick up Green Arrow!

Nocenti is definitely a welcome breath of fresh air to the DCnU, which is odd because she's a seasoned writer, but new to the DCnU....long story short, this should be terrific.

Wow, I've never read anything by her, but judging from everyone elses reactions I think I might try it out.
    Pull List: Action Comics, Green Lantern, GLC, GL: New Guardians, Justice League, The Flash, Batman Inc, Batman, Nightwing, Batman & Robin, Dial H, Animal Man, Frankenstien, Earth-2