Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestling Games

Hijo Del Mr Backlund lboinyamouf4sho's Avatar
    lookin right into the eye of the videoscope

Quote Originally Posted by Astonishing X-Fan View Post
    Favorite wrestling game ever is probably No Mercy.
    while no mercy has the edge in outside the ring action for sure Virtual Pro Wrestling 2(basically Wrestlemania 2000 from makers of no mercy with a oficial AJPW roster + NJPW and indy feds roster) gives it a serious run for it's money.

Quote Originally Posted by joemagnum611 View Post
    Hands down No Mercy is the best wrestling game ever made
    as said before no mercy has the edge outside the ring and in match types VPW 2 is a serious challenger with it's MMA and shoot style modes, they take a minute to adjust to but when you get the hang of it they can be a lot of fun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_ZxqfO2Nqk
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

The only wrestling game I still play is Fire Pro Returns.

Back in the 90s , the only wrestling game i played was WWF wrestlemania - the arcade game. It was a blast , the digitized graphics , the vince mcmahon & jerry lawler commentary.

Think the last wrestling game i played was like quite a few years back , maybe raw vs smackdown 2006 or 2007 for ps2.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    The only wrestling game I still play is Fire Pro Returns.
    That's my actual favorite one.
    There are like a million of those that never got translated.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Back in the 90s , the only wrestling game i played was WWF wrestlemania - the arcade game. It was a blast , the digitized graphics , the vince mcmahon & jerry lawler commentary.

Think the last wrestling game i played was like quite a few years back , maybe raw vs smackdown 2006 or 2007 for ps2.
    Yeah, that was pretty fun. It was sort of a Mortal Kombat-ish fighting game.

Hated the sequal though... WWE In Your House was lame.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post

Realistic Wrestling! Like ghosts and electricuting dudes.
    I actually hated that game, it was made using a variation of the Mortal Kombat engine, and i was a street fighter fan. And it didn't have blood, taking the one good thing about Mortal Kombat out.
    On the subject of Arcade games, i was a big fan of....

That game was sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I actually hated that game, it was made using a variation of the Mortal Kombat engine, and i was a street fighter fan. And it didn't have blood, taking the one good thing about Mortal Kombat out.

That game was sick.
    Earthquake/Million Dollar Man.

Veteran Member

Loved WWF No Mercy, Wrestlemania 2000, WCW/NWO Revenge and WCW vs. NWO World Tour. It was the best rosters, moves and some CAWs features.

It's a shame AKI doesn't make wrestling games anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post

That game was sick.
    The real WWE Arcade game. I loved their Royal Rumble mode, more fun than Smackdown vs Raw's Rumble mode.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Earthquake/Million Dollar Man.
    Earthquake/Jake The Snake for me
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by KingEli View Post
    They are another small japanese developer that couldn't make the transition too HD. Which is why you haven't seen any game from them.

Quote Originally Posted by KingEli View Post
    Loved WWF No Mercy, Wrestlemania 2000, WCW/NWO Revenge and WCW vs. NWO World Tour. It was the best rosters, moves and some CAWs features.

def jam vendetta by AKI is a great wrestling game that for the most part goes unrecognized as such. i just wish they could've done a WWE game on a PS2/xbox or PS3/xbox360
    Mr. Backlund continued wrestling under the new gimmick of an out of touch, yet highly dangerous, maniac out to teach the new generation a lesson.[3] He often appeared in business suits, had a hyperactive personality, and used (or, often, misused) large words to sound important. He also demanded that he be addressed as "Mr. Backlund". He would only sign autographs for wrestling fans if they could recite the names of all of the US Presidents in chronological order

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lboinyamouf4sho View Post
    def jam vendetta by AKI is a great wrestling game that for the most part goes unrecognized as such. i just wish they could've done a WWE game on a PS2/xbox or PS3/xbox360
    And Def Jam: Fight for NY was a great(er) fighting game with wrestling in it.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

I have a fondness for the old GBA wwe games.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    And Def Jam: Fight for NY was a great(er) fighting game with wrestling in it.
    if def jam had real wrestlers & fight for NY's CAW system it would've been an all time great wrestling game.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

I just saw gameplay clips of the new RTWM and a trailer for it.

This game is now rentable. Possibly buy list if WWE Universe 2.0 doesn't disappoint.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com