Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrestling Games

I didnt get Axxess yet. I'm a little tight on money right now, and Halo 4 came out.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I hope they got Mark Henry right. The last few versions he looked horrible, nothing like the actual Mark Henry
    I could have sworn I saw Mark Henry with the short hair during the Attitude Campaign. I could be wrong though.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    yeah, an import future for you CAWs would be nice. it would save tons of time when creting CAWs.

and I do buy the axxess pass each year. but you are right half the fun is unlocking stuff (like any any other game). So I usually finish the game first and then buy the axxess
    They need an import feature, especially since the CAW development is virtually the same each year. I have created perfect replicas for Mookie Sellers, year after year. If you run into him beware. His mooked out move will put you down in the ground.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Not fond of the DLC option of aquiring wrestlers. I miss the fun of just unlocking wrestlers
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    I could have sworn I saw Mark Henry with the short hair during the Attitude Campaign. I could be wrong though.
    No, you're right. There's actually a Mark Henry '98! :) It's the Nation Of Domination version rather than Sexual Chocolate though.
    --*--
    Bring Back MI:13

We need more Black Knight and Faiza Hussain!

This game is pretty good so far. You know I really didn't see how much Mick Foley contributed to the attitude era until I played through the Attitude campaign. He's like in every single one...

I think 2013 is going to really lead the pack and it might be hard to top it next year? What other era has this many call backs and is this exciting? Just awesome, and the wrestlers that appear are amazing. One of my personal favorites pops up in the Brothers of Destruction Campaign and unlocking him was awesome...
    Hint he hasn't been in a wwe game since the first smackdown I want to say. Three guesses on who it could be.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    No, you're right. There's actually a Mark Henry '98! :) It's the Nation Of Domination version rather than Sexual Chocolate though.
    I met Mark in real life recently. He's a really nice guy.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    This game is pretty good so far. You know I really didn't see how much Mick Foley contributed to the attitude era until I played through the Attitude campaign. He's like in every single one...

I think 2013 is going to really lead the pack and it might be hard to top it next year? What other era has this many call backs and is this exciting? Just awesome, and the wrestlers that appear are amazing. One of my personal favorites pops up in the Brothers of Destruction Campaign and unlocking him was awesome...
    Hint he hasn't been in a wwe game since the first smackdown I want to say. Three guesses on who it could be.
    Yeah, I agree there. They obviously trim down the Attitude Era a bit, but damn, Foley was always there.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

I am going to take a wild guess, and assumme first: the game sold well, and second: with so much good feedback about this game (and the attitude era mode).
    That next year we will have an Attitude Era 2 mode. with the rest of that era.
    because yep, very hard to find another era that might get people so excited.
    They can't go backward again. They already did a Legends of Wresltemania and that other ALL-Star game.
    I am still surprised that they didnt make an only attitude era game. Since they have realease 2 games in 1 year already (all-star + smack vs raw, or Legends+ smackvsraw)
    Still I am curious what next year special edition will be.
    Right now I am guessing: Taker, or Bret heart, or maybe Michaels, the obviouls would be Hogan, but he is in TNA, and I think Cena is too soon for a special edition.

I am going to take a wild guess, and assumme first: the game sold well, and second: with so much good feedback about this game (and the attitude era mode).
    That next year we will have an Attitude Era 2 mode. with the rest of that era.
    because yep, very hard to find another era that might get people so excited.
    They can't go backward again. They already did a Legends of Wresltemania and that other ALL-Star game.
    I am still surprised that they didnt make an only attitude era game. Since they have realease 2 games in 1 year already (all-star + smack vs raw, or Legends+ smackvsraw)
    Still I am curious what next year special edition will be.
    Right now I am guessing: Taker, or Bret heart, or maybe Michaels, the obviouls would be Hogan, but he is in TNA, and I think Cena is too soon for a special edition.
    I think to a degree, the game is going to sell well no matter what. Though I do think the gimmick of reliving the attitude era was a nice selling point, but it probably didn't NEED it. And the next one in theory probably won't either.

But if they did want to relive another era... one I might consider exploring is the whole "invasion" period. They can probably put together a few WCW guys. Maybe they could even do the ECW part as well, though I'm not sure that would be necessary.

Nexus wasn't bad either.

I wouldn't mind an Invasion Angle but done right in WW13 this time
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

well they had a "invasion" story in last year's game (ww'12) and it was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I wouldn't mind an Invasion Angle but done right in WW13 this time
    The cool thing about doing the Invasion angle in the game is that they can throw Nash in the Invasion. Him (along with Hogan, Hall, and later Bishof) were really big pieces missing in the actual Invasion.

Though I do think in WWE 12 they sort of did a variation of a WCW invasion if I'm not mistaken as part of one of the story modes.

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The cool thing about doing the Invasion angle in the game is that they can throw Nash in the Invasion. Him (along with Hogan, Hall, and later Bishof) were really big pieces missing in the actual Invasion.

Though I do think in WWE 12 they sort of did a variation of a WCW invasion if I'm not mistaken as part of one of the story modes.
    well they had a "invasion" story in last year's game (ww'12) and it was very good.
    Yeah it had Nash in it and it was miles better than what actually happened.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Yeah it had Nash in it and it was miles better than what actually happened.

Personally I liked it. Well I was not able to see the real life Invasion, because during that period, for reasons unknow my cable provider no longer had USA network, and never had TNN, and there was no wwe in local channels yet.
    But the story in the game was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think to a degree, the game is going to sell well no matter what. Though I do think the gimmick of reliving the attitude era was a nice selling point, but it probably didn't NEED it. And the next one in theory probably won't either.

But if they did want to relive another era... one I might consider exploring is the whole "invasion" period. They can probably put together a few WCW guys. Maybe they could even do the ECW part as well, though I'm not sure that would be necessary.

Nexus wasn't bad either.
    It didn't need it, but my word is the campaign awesome. I loved how it was executed and after you go through it, you will... I repeat you will respect Mick Foley.... or play as him or against him nearly a dozen times.