Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 604

Thread: Wrestling Games

  1. #1
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,012

    Default Wrestling Games

    For discussion of current, past and future video games based on pro wrestling.

    Which are your favourite?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

  2. #2
    2x Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    26,012
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

  3. #3
    Hail Hydra Nefarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    3,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gryhpon View Post
    HELL YEAH.I was a fan of Brock Lesnae short tenure in WWE.He was the only one of the new generation of wrestlers that deserved his nickname "The Next Big Thing".

    As for favourite wrestling games,i believe that WWE Smackdown:HCTP was the best.His season mode was the last great season mode in Smackdown series.
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

  4. #4
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,913

    Default

    As far as favorites... I have a soft spot for Smackdown Here Comes the Pain. Of the Smackdown (and Smackdown vs RAW) series, that one might have been my overall favorite.

  5. #5

    Default

    I am definitely a guy that feels the Smackdown games don't deserve a lot of the hate they get and that they're overall good games...flawed but good.

    Favorite wrestling game ever is probably No Mercy.
    Pro Wrestling: IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!

  6. #6
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,965

    Default

    I'm picking something that was better than Raw on Monday, pro wrestling for the nes.

    I'd buy a ticket too see Starman kick Amazons ass.

  7. #7
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astonishing X-Fan View Post
    I am definitely a guy that feels the Smackdown games don't deserve a lot of the hate they get and that they're overall good games...flawed but good.

    Favorite wrestling game ever is probably No Mercy.
    I think part of the reason that Smackdown games tend to get under appreciated is because they basically come out every year.

    Madden sort of gets the same problem. If it's not head and shoulders better than last years game (a tough thing to do when it's an annual thing) the game just feels like a re-hash of what came before.

  8. #8
    Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    3,340

    Default

    Yay: You can play as Brock Lesnar in WWE '12!
    Nay: Jinder Mahal will actually appear in it.

  9. #9
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Yay: You can play as Brock Lesnar in WWE '12!
    Nay: Jinder Mahal will actually appear in it.
    On the positive side I can always have Lesnar smack Jinder Mahal around. Cant wait to use Lesnar for WWE Universe mode
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  10. #10
    Veteran Member KiFF86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    On the positive side I can always have Lesnar smack Jinder Mahal around. Cant wait to use Lesnar for WWE Universe mode
    Screw that, making a Four Horsemen stable and the are going to run shit.
    I AM FOREVER- Master Shake

    I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.

  11. #11
    Elder Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    mansfield, MA
    Posts
    20,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I'm picking something that was better than Raw on Monday, pro wrestling for the nes.

    I'd buy a ticket too see Starman kick Amazons ass.
    I loved that game though I liked playing as either the character who looked like the creature of the black lagoon or the guy who looked like Hulk Hogan.

    My favorite wrestling game was the Steel Cage Challenge for the NES, it was truly badass.

  12. #12
    Best In The World Legato's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KiFF86 View Post
    Screw that, making a Four Horsemen stable and the are going to run shit.
    Been there done that with the last Smackdown vs Raw game. The stable I had with Jericho, Cody Rhodes, Swagger, and a heel Morrison was awesome. Jericho currently is the top heel on the Raw brand with Swagger having a US Title run, then Cody and Morrison are competing for the tag titles
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

  13. #13
    Veteran Member KiFF86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Been there done that with the last Smackdown vs Raw game. The stable I had with Jericho, Cody Rhodes, Swagger, and a heel Morrison was awesome. Jericho currently is the top heel on the Raw brand with Swagger having a US Title run, then Cody and Morrison are competing for the tag titles
    You can't have the Horsemen without Arn. Thinking of using him, HHH (in the Flair role), Danial Bryan, and McIntyre. With Maryse and Layla as their escorts.
    I AM FOREVER- Master Shake

    I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Hands down No Mercy is the best wrestling game ever made

  15. #15
    Rargh! Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Woo!
    Posts
    28,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KiFF86 View Post
    You can't have the Horsemen without Arn. Thinking of using him, HHH (in the Flair role), Danial Bryan, and McIntyre. With Maryse and Layla as their escorts.
    I'd make Flair and use him in the Flair role.
    Horsemen without Flair is just wrong.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •