Page 162 of 476 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 7136

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    If it had been a Republican President who got Bin Laden, we'd be hearing about it until the end of time.

THE END OF TIME.
    Mission Accomplished.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

It's not just that GOP feel that there shouldn't be "equal pay act" kinds of legislation to assure women get paid an equal amount to men because... they claim women already make what men do anyway.

This, in spite of the actual facts released by the Census Bureau that women do get paid $0.77 for every dollar a man earns. Which includes specific jobs, as well.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's not just that GOP feel that there shouldn't be "equal pay act" kinds of legislation to assure women get paid an equal amount to men because... they claim women already make what men do anyway.

This, in spite of the actual facts released by the Census Bureau that women do get paid $0.77 for every dollar a man earns. Which includes specific jobs, as well.
    LOL, Rachel Maddows looked like she wanted to smack Castellanos up. And verbally, she did later.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

it takes a lot, a whole lot, to make the msm deviate from false equivalencies and 'both sides do it', especially when they want to gin up a political horse race. so it's says a lot when they begin to stubbornly admit that the repubs party has gone wingnut

Let’s just say it: The Republicans are the problem.
    Rep. Allen West, a Florida Republican, was recently captured on video asserting that there are “78 to 81” Democrats in Congress who are members of the Communist Party. Of course, it’s not unusual for some renegade lawmaker from either side of the aisle to say something outrageous. What made West’s comment — right out of the McCarthyite playbook of the 1950s — so striking was the almost complete lack of condemnation from Republican congressional leaders or other major party figures, including the remaining presidential candidates.

It’s not that the GOP leadership agrees with West; it is that such extreme remarks and views are now taken for granted.

We have been studying Washington politics and Congress for more than 40 years, and never have we seen them this dysfunctional. In our past writings, we have criticized both parties when we believed it was warranted. Today, however, we have no choice but to acknowledge that the core of the problem lies with the Republican Party.

The GOP has become an insurgent outlier in American politics. It is ideologically extreme; scornful of compromise; unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition.

When one party moves this far from the mainstream, it makes it nearly impossible for the political system to deal constructively with the country’s challenges.

“Both sides do it” or “There is plenty of blame to go around” are the traditional refuges for an American news media intent on proving its lack of bias, while political scientists prefer generality and neutrality when discussing partisan polarization. Many self-styled bipartisan groups, in their search for common ground, propose solutions that move both sides to the center, a strategy that is simply untenable when one side is so far out of reach.

It is clear that the center of gravity in the Republican Party has shifted sharply to the right. Its once-legendary moderate and center-right legislators in the House and the Senate — think Bob Michel, Mickey Edwards, John Danforth, Chuck Hagel — are virtually extinct.

[...more at link]

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    it takes a lot, a whole lot, to make the msm deviate from false equivalencies and 'both sides do it', especially when they want to gin up a political horse race. so it's says a lot when they begin to stubbornly admit that the repubs party has gone wingnut

Let’s just say it: The Republicans are the problem.
    That's just that danged liberal media again, coming with commie opinions backed up by their damnable facts.

And... why are they still considered a legit political movement and not a hate group?

Updated Tuesdays.

That's just that danged liberal media again, coming with commie opinions backed up by their damnable facts.

And... why are they still considered a legit political movement and not a hate group?
    Because you just brought up race, you racist.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Because you just brought up race, you racist.
    Actually, I didn't. Hate group does not necessitate race. Sometimes, they'll just go after people for sexual orientation. Usually, it's the same people being phobic and filled with hate, of course, towards either/or.

Speaking of hate group members in the Tea Party...

Yesterday, the protege of recalled Arizona State Senator, Arizona Tea Party President, and SB1070 sponsor Russell Pearce, J.T. Ready (himself a Tea Party member, Neo-Nazi Activist, and "U.S. Border Guard" leader), murdered the residents of a home full of five people in Gilbert, AZ, including a two-year old child, before turning the gun on himself.

This might prove a bigger blow to the relationship to the Arizona state government and the U.S. Border Guard than the killing of two unarmed, undocumented immigrants by militia members a few weeks back, that already had soured that relationship, a bit.

As far as the Arizona Republican Party goes? Are they distancing themselves from Russell Pearce, a recalled candidate, who has ties to a hate group? Of course not. In spite of being so fiscally conservative and claiming all sorts of social programs within the state should be cut to get Arizona within its budget... they're pushing forth SB1449, a law which is, simply, "Give Russell Pearce $260,000 to pay for the expenses he had to endure while he was recalled."

That's right. The state legislature is abandoning fiscal responsibility to just hand over, upwards of a quarter million dollars, to a recalled, unpopular, anti-immigrant martyr within their party who also happens to not just have ties to a Neo-Nazi hate group (and has been investigated for such by the Anti-Defamation League), but his actual protege is a mass-murderer who happens to be the leader of that group.

Arizona, trying to out-crazy Florida since 2007.

Updated Tuesdays.

Because both sides are crazy! The Democrats are just as bad! He was exercising his second amendment rights!
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Rep. Allen West, a tea party Republican from Florida, on Monday compared the draw down of U.S. troops in Afghanistan to the appeasement of Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler, according to Right Wing Watch.

On May 1, President Barack Obama signed a ten-year security agreement with Afghan President Hamid Karzai. Under the agreement, the majority of U.S. troops will be withdrawn by 2014 but the U.S. will continue to have a role in Afghanistan for a decade.

“I look at what happened between President Obama and President Karzai as a 1930s, Chamberlain, Hitler moment,” West told radio host Frank Gaffney. “There is not going to be peace in our time.”
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/05/0...hitler-moment/
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

The Klan was considered a legit political movement for some time.
    Until they lost power and everyone backed away saying "We don't know these guys."
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

Congress was actually in session today. They've worked less than 50 days out of the first 130 days of the calendar year, so hey, time to roll up their sleeves and get things done, right?

Wrong. They continue to pass zero legislation. In fact, today the GOP in the House blocked any discussion of a Democratic bill to prevent student loan rates from doubling by this summer on 7.4 million college students.

In other words, they support the big banks more than kids trying to better themselves with an education. Not that such a fact should be a surprise.

Updated Tuesdays.

Dick Lugar lost the primary, after six terms in the U.S. Senate. He wasn't extreme enough for the Teabagging section of the Republican Party in Indiana. Lugar warned voters about Republican nominee Richard Mourdock in his concession speech:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1501416.html

"If Mr. Mourdock is elected, I want him to be a good senator. But that will require him to revise his stated goal of bringing more partisanship to Washington. He and I share many positions, but his embrace of an unrelenting partisan mindset is irreconcilable with my philosophy of governance and my experience of what brings results for Hoosiers in the Senate. In effect, what he has promised in this campaign is reflexive votes for a rejectionist orthodoxy and rigid opposition to the actions and proposals of the other party. His answer to the inevitable roadblocks he will encounter in Congress is merely to campaign for more Republicans who embrace the same partisan outlook. He has pledged his support to groups whose prime mission is to cleanse the Republican party of those who stray from orthodoxy as they see it."

That sucks. I'm not a Republican, but I always had respect for Dick Lugar. And Lugar was the biggest reason why my dad became a Republican back in '88. Now those Hoosier voters are going to have a partisan hack representing them, fighting doggedly against all the non-existent compromising that he perceives in D.C. Apparently it's true, people do get the government that they deserve.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

MOURDOCK: I certainly think bipartisanship ought to consist of Democrats coming to the Republican point of view. … If we [win the House, Senate, and White House], bipartisanship means they have to come our way, and if we’re successful in getting the numbers, we’ll work towards that.
    http://thinkprogress.org/election/20...ipartisanship/

That... that indicates to me he doesn't understand what bipartisanship is. It's "the other side caves and submits to the will of the other", in his mind.

Updated Tuesdays.