Page 264 of 473 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314364 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 7095

Quote Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
    I used to use a capitalist example of a distributor company. Does that mean I had a capitalist agenda in my lesson plan? Of course not.
    The more important point might be: what if you did have a capitalist agenda? Fox News wouldn't get upset.

It's tough to be right on numbers when you don't believe in the distributive property.

But in fairness, Fox News is NOT the Republican Party. I suppose we could re-name the thread "complaints about conservatives." But it should go in the "compalints about the news media" thread.
    it is most definitely the voice of the repub party and many would argue, including prominent conservatives and repubs, that it has become one of the de facto leaders

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    it is most definitely the voice of the repub party and many would argue, including prominent conservatives and repubs, that it has become one of the de facto leaders
    Even if everything you said is true (and I disagree that they are "the voice" of the Party), my point still stands. They are NOT the Republican Party.

Even if everything you said is true (and I disagree that they are "the voice" of the Party), my point still stands. They are NOT the Republican Party.
    Right. They do read GOP press releases as news reports sometimes, but they'll also criticize the Republicans - particularly if they show signs of compromising with Democrats. They're a separate conservative viewpoint.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    I get why they're upset about the algebra text; it's not the algebra but the "Distribute the wealth" phrase, which is a bit strange, I have to say.

The history textbook thing, though - they've just gotta accept that shit and move on.

Kinda funny that they prefaced the whole segment with a video from 2009 of children singing about Obama. I don't know about everyone else, but I forget stupid shit after a while.
    I've asked myself more than once why Fox News never references Reagan's "Hands Across America" as an indoctrination by the government.

Oh, that's right.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Neither are individual Republican officeholders.
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Iangould View Post
    Neither are individual Republican officeholders.
    Right.

Ok, I am off to complain about Chris Matthews and msnbc in the democrat thread. He says a lot of dumb shit!

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Lol! What do they want, a nation of morons?
    Yes. That is exactly what they want.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

But in fairness, Fox News is NOT the Republican Party.
    As long as they continue to act as the official propaganda arm of the Republican Party (which they've been doing since back when Bush the Lesser was in the White House, if not before), I will continue to lump them in together.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

I get why they're upset about the algebra text; it's not the algebra but the "Distribute the wealth" phrase, which is a bit strange, I have to say.
    Does the textbook actually use that phrase, though? The impression I got was that old mate saw the phrase 'distributive property' then went on some deranged rant.

The history textbook thing, though - they've just gotta accept that shit and move on.
    Republicans seem to constantly struggle with the existence of facts that disagree with their viewpoints. I can't see that changing any time soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Yes. That is exactly what they want.
    I tought that was something politicians wanted since the beggining of times.

The worksheet says that if you watch the video.
    I stand corrected.

It is a value-free example though. It's illustrating a math concept.
    There's no such thing as value-free in Republican Land. You're either with us, or against us!

The more important point might be: what if you did have a capitalist agenda? Fox News wouldn't get upset.
    Nor would, say, MSNBC because, despite what the false-equivalentists would have you believe, they're not a bunch of frothing-at-the-mouth lunatics like Fox News.

Right.

Ok, I am off to complain about Chris Matthews and msnbc in the democrat thread. He says a lot of dumb shit!
    false equivalence on msnbc but nobody is stopping you from posting about tweety in the other thread, he is a democrat

BANNED

I think we can have an equivalency between Matthews and Billo. I do think MSNBC is more sophisticated.