Page 263 of 476 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313363 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 7139

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    According to good old Fox News, who seem to have completely LOST THEIR FUCKING MINDS, even algebra class is now part of the 'liberal agenda'.

Oh, and history textbooks are also 'liberally biased' because they contain, y'know, facts.
    Lol! What do they want, a nation of morons? Since when is getting an education a bad idea. And the people at FOX went to school to get a degree didn't they? Waitaminute...on second thought....
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    Not to mention the fact that Scott is more than rich enough to hire somebody to train the dog for him. There is no excuse for him to just dump a rescue dog because he barks at cameras.
    He'd use taxpayers dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Lol! What do they want, a nation of morons?
    Yes.

Since when is getting an education a bad idea.
    Anti-intellectualism, combined with resistance to some facts, has been a key part of the GOP for quite some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by bringthenoise View Post
    Yes.

Anti-intellectualism, combined with resistance to some facts, has been a key part of the GOP for quite some time now.
    You'd think that a party whose strategists and advisors missed so badly on their election predictions would see the value of a good education. Numbers Never Lie.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

One of the positive stories that came out of the tragedy at Sandy Hook was the story of a retired psychologist who took six of the children who escaped from the classroom of Victoria Soto into his home, comforted them, and gave them juice.

Perhaps taking some of the tarnish off that story? He's apparently being harassed by "Sandy Hook Truthers", who believe he's an actor and a part of an overall conspiracy staged by the government to justify taking their guns away.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

You'd think that a party whose strategists and advisors missed so badly on their election predictions would see the value of a good education. Numbers Never Lie.
    It's tough to be right on numbers when you don't believe in the distributive property.

But in fairness, Fox News is NOT the Republican Party. I suppose we could re-name the thread "complaints about conservatives." But it should go in the "compalints about the news media" thread.

The Sandy Hook Truthers aren't the Republican Party either ... but it appears it doesn't matter.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Well, then I'll get back on the Republican track.

Steve Stockman, a day after discussing impeachment proceedings if President Obama signs any executive orders on gun control, went on Fox News to compare him to Saddam Hussein for the fact he'll be announcing his plans with children present (who wrote to him about their fears of guns after Sandy Hook). Greta van Sustern, perhaps realizing that such a narrative is too crazy for their network, cut him off before he could elaborate further on that claim.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Quote Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
    It's tough to be right on numbers when you don't believe in the distributive property.

But in fairness, Fox News is NOT the Republican Party. I suppose we could re-name the thread "complaints about conservatives." But it should go in the "compalints about the news media" thread.
    That's why I said advisors and strategists, not reporters or newsmedia. Karl Rove is a strategist and fundraiser in the Republican Party as well as many other guests that appear on FOX.

That's why I said advisors and strategists, not reporters or newsmedia. Karl Rove is a strategist and fundraiser in the Republican Party as well as many other guests that appear on FOX.
    My post was poorly constructed. The second paragraph was generally directed at the direction of the thread, not you personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
    My post was poorly constructed. The second paragraph was generally directed at the direction of the thread, not you personally.
    No problem .

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    According to good old Fox News, who seem to have completely LOST THEIR FUCKING MINDS, even algebra class is now part of the 'liberal agenda'.

Oh, and history textbooks are also 'liberally biased' because they contain, y'know, facts.
    I get why they're upset about the algebra text; it's not the algebra but the "Distribute the wealth" phrase, which is a bit strange, I have to say.

The history textbook thing, though - they've just gotta accept that shit and move on.

Kinda funny that they prefaced the whole segment with a video from 2009 of children singing about Obama. I don't know about everyone else, but I forget stupid shit after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    I get why they're upset about the algebra text; it's not the algebra but the "Distribute the wealth" phrase, which is a bit strange, I have to say.
    I agree it's a bit strange, but as someone that taught abstract math concepts, sometimes a real life pragmatic example is helpful. I doubt there was any political agenda.

I used to use a capitalist example of a distributor company. Does that mean I had a capitalist agenda in my lesson plan? Of course not.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    Assuming the worksheet says that, and Bolling didn't make some shit up and/or get confused between "the distributive property" and "redistribution of weatlh".

Quote Originally Posted by bringthenoise View Post
    Assuming the worksheet says that, and Bolling didn't make some shit up and/or get confused between "the distributive property" and "redistribution of weatlh".
    The worksheet says that if you watch the video.

It is a value-free example though. It's illustrating a math concept.