Page 256 of 475 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306356 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 7114
    They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    i've yet to hear one good thing about Peter King. how did he come upon his job?
    He's from a conservative district.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    He's from a conservative district.
    Don't you mean extremist district?
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    Don't you mean extremist district?
    Who can tell the difference these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Who can tell the difference these days?
    I just think one should avoid perpetuating their lies about their politics being "conservative".
    My blog.

- Desmond Tutu

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    And yet, you'll hear the GOP deny it still exists, and lament and wonder why they trail in the female vote so badly in the 2014 mid-term elections.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

They're currently holding the vote for the incoming 113th Congress to decide who will be Speaker of the House. All Democrats are voting for Nancy Pelosi. John Boehner wins this, by estimates, as long as 20 members of his own party don't screw him over. It looks like he'll hold on, however, so far from the GOP...

One vote has come in for Eric Cantor.
    One vote has come in for Colin Powell (who oddly, has never held an elected office, let alone in Congress).
    One vote just came in for Allen West of Florida (cast by Louis Gohmert of Texas, who's balls-crazy. Especially because Allen West was defeated in his Congressional race, and is not a part of Congress).

Ladies and gentlemen, those last two votes? Congratulations, this is the modern day GOP, who are a half-step away from casting votes for "Mickey Mouse" while being paid six figure salaries.

Updated Tuesdays.

Michele Bachmann just introduced the 35th attempt to repeal ObamaCare.
    My blog.

- Desmond Tutu

Does she get a free foot-long sandwich now?
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    They're currently holding the vote for the incoming 113th Congress to decide who will be Speaker of the House. All Democrats are voting for Nancy Pelosi. John Boehner wins this, by estimates, as long as 20 members of his own party don't screw him over. It looks like he'll hold on, however, so far from the GOP...

One vote has come in for Colin Powell (who oddly, has never held an elected office, let alone in Congress).
    One vote just came in for Allen West of Florida (cast by Louis Gohmert of Texas, who's balls-crazy. Especially because Allen West was defeated in his Congressional race, and is not a part of Congress).

Ladies and gentlemen, those last two votes? Congratulations, this is the modern day GOP, who are a half-step away from casting votes for "Mickey Mouse" while being paid six figure salaries.
    I'd laugh if Boehner loses because all the GOP casted votes for bullshit. "We thought we could nominate Donald Trump for speaker of the house !"
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

I am strongly in favor of Mickey. He has character unlike most politicians.

Boehner re-elected as House Speaker -- but not by much.

House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) has won re-election to a second term Thursday overseeing a chamber that has proved most difficult to manage, just days after several insurrections from rank-and-file Republicans left him in a less powerful posture heading into critical negotiations this year. He received 220 votes.

Boehner (R-Ohio) survived the defections of several Republicans from the most conservative wing of the caucus, defeating House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.). Pelosi received 192 votes.

Among the Republicans who supported someone other than Boehner, votes were spread out. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) received three votes; former Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) received a couple of votes; Rep. Tim Huelskamp (R-Kan.) voted for Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio); Rep. Walter Jones (R-N.C.) voted for former Comptroller General David Walker; Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) voted for Rep. Raul Labrador (R-Idaho); and Rep. Tom Massie (R-Ky.) voted for Amash.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'd laugh if Boehner loses because all the GOP casted votes for bullshit. "We thought we could nominate Donald Trump for speaker of the house !"
    They can nominate Donald trump for speaker, the speaker does not have to be a member of congress.
    I'm not liberal, liberals have beliefs. I'm a democrat, the only belief I have is that republicans are wrong.

Let's free the market, so it can enslave us all

Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by o1pickleboy View Post
    They can nominate Donald trump for speaker, the speaker does not have to be a member of congress.
    Of course no non-member has ever been elected Speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by o1pickleboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    Of course no non-member has ever been elected Speaker.
    Right. Just because it's possible doesn't mean that it's an utter waste of time, and a vote.

Updated Tuesdays.