Page 251 of 477 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301351 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 7144

to be added to The Shit Gohmert Says, a never-ending series

GOP Rep Suggests Teachers Should Be Armed With Assault Rifles

A Republican Congressman suggested that had the teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary been armed with assault rifles, they could have prevented Friday’s massacre and saved lives.

Appearing on a special Fox News Sunday dedicated to the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) said that an armed teacher or principal could have taken the killer’s “head off before he can kill those precious kids”:

GOHMERT: Having been a judge and reviewed photographs of these horrific scenes and knowing that children have these defensive wounds, gun shots through their arms and hands as they try to protect themselves, and, hearing the heroic stories of the principal, lunging, trying to protect, Chris, I wish to God she had had an M-4 in her office, locked up so when she heard gunfire, she pulls it out and she didn’t have to lunge heroically with nothing in her hands and takes him out and takes his head off before he can kill those precious kids. [...]

Pressed by host Chris Wallace on why ordinary citizens need semi automatic weapons that shoot 5 bullets per second, Gohmert said that any restrictions on fire arms could lead to the slippery slope of full prohibition and said that American amass weapons to protect themselves from the government.

“For the reason George Washington said a free people should be an armed people,” Gohmert explained. “It ensures against the tyranny of the government, if they know the biggest army is the American people, then you don’t have the tyranny that came from King George. That is why it was put in there and that’s why once you start drawing the line, where do you stop?”

[...]
    do they really want guns in the hands of those they demonize as godless union thugs, while still trying to lower their wages and increase their hours?

what am i saying, that would some introspection and basic critical thought, nevermind
    Last edited by 7thangel; 12-16-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Obviously, this blue part here is the land...

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    to be added to The Shit Gohmert Says, a never-ending series

GOP Rep Suggests Teachers Should Be Armed With Assault Rifles

“For the reason George Washington said a free people should be an armed people,” Gohmert explained. “It ensures against the tyranny of the government, if they know the biggest army is the American people, then you don’t have the tyranny that came from King George. That is why it was put in there and that’s why once you start drawing the line, where do you stop?”
    So we should be selling nuclear bombs down at The Walmart. Because, you know, where do you stop, Louie? Where do you stop?

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Honestly, every time I checked the news the past two days, I was expecting that ass-clown Gohmert to pop off like he did after the Aurora shooting. I should have started a betting pool on how long he'd take.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Honestly, every time I checked the news the past two days, I was expecting that ass-clown Gohmert to pop off like he did after the Aurora shooting. I should have started a betting pool on how long he'd take.
    That's who I was thinking of when I said that we should really be looking for elected Republican officials to spout off about the tragedy instead of random yahoos.

these people are beyond disgusting and thick

Tea Party Group Blames Connecticut Shooting On Teachers, Unions, And Sex
    A piece posted to the Tea Party Nation website yesterday, and sent to the group’s members in an email from TPN head Judson Phillips, blamed the school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut on teachers, unions, bureaucracy, and the presence of sex in popular culture. In a lengthy screed that’s essentially a round-up of every major cultural and policy grievance the American right holds with the rest of the country, author Timothy Birdnow cited concerns about the mental health of shooter Adam Lanza, the lack of spanking in schools, and the new movie “Django Unchained” — among other things — as evidence that American popular culture “has made murder, rape, mayhem, hatred, and violence ‘cool.’”

He then went on to recommend a number of interesting solutions, including a lamentation that George Zimmerman was not guarding Sandy Hook Elementary School:

Homeschool. Take away the power of the radicals in the classrooms. Makes your kids safer, too.

Back Right to Work legislation for the public sector. Teacher’s unions have helped cement much of this in place. As long as we have group think in the classrooms we will never see the end of this. […]

Work to devolve power back to the parents, the local officials, and the communities. A society that is top-down will inevitably lead to alienation of the sort we have seen here. This young man was twenty years old, and his actions were neither spurious nor random. As an FBI profiler said on television last night, he undoubtedly felt powerless and sought to remedy that. Why does a twenty year old feel powerless? He could leave his mother’s home at any time at his age. He feels powerless because he has lived in an over-bureaucratized society, one run ultimately from a far-away central location. […]

Restrict the sex in movies, television, on the internet. There is a reason why young people commit these sorts of crimes, and sex plays no small part. Their passions are eternally inflamed, and they wander the Earth with no outlet for their overstimulated glands. […]

Support the creation of local organizations to act as “neighborhood watch” for schools. Had George Zimmerman been at the front door instead of some mechanical card reader those children would still be alive. Perhaps it’s time we start asking for volunteers to protect our children. It will require security checks, but isn’t that worth it? This dovetails with the union problem; the unions will fight this measure tooth-and-nail.

This isn’t the first time Tea Party Nation has indulged in extremist outbursts. Members of the group chanted “pay for it yourself,” suggesting the uninsured should finance their own health care out of pocket, at protests during the Supreme Court hearings on Obamacare. In 2011, TPN emailed a message urging businesses to “not hire a single person” in protest against Obama’s presidency. And Phillips also responded to the controversy over Mitt Romney’s tax returns by suggesting Republicans inquire whether President Obama is a drug addict.

"Had George Zimmerman been at the front door instead of some mechanical card reader those children would still be alive."

The white ones, anyway...
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

He feels powerless because he has lived in an over-bureaucratized society
    Well, I can see why you'd feel that way, what do you suggest-

Restrict the sex in movies, television, on the internet.
    Wouldn't that require an extensive committee of-

Support the creation of local organizations to act as “neighborhood watch” for schools.
    Oh.

Oh.

Oooooh.

You're not upset, you're just stupid, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    "Had George Zimmerman been at the front door instead of some mechanical card reader those children would still be alive."

The white ones, anyway...
    They are the only ones that count in the minds of these people
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

A South Carolina lawmaker wants to criminalize any attempt to implement the Affordable Care Act.

South Carolina state Rep. Bill Chumley last week pre-filed a bill for the upcoming legislative session that would criminalize implementation of President Barack Obama's 2010 healthcare reform law.

If his bill becomes law, any state official caught enforcing the healthcare law would be guilty of a misdemeanor and "must be fined not more than one thousand dollars or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

[ENJOY: Cartoons on U.S. Contraception Controversy]

Federal officials caught enforcing the law, however, would be given stiffer punishment under the proposal.

Any federal employee or contractor enforcing the law "is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, must be fined not more than five thousand dollars, or imprisoned not more than five years, or both," the bill proposes.

"I think we're within our rights to do this," Chumley explained to U.S. News. "It's an obligation, I swore an oath to uphold the Constitution and protect the people."
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

That last part, where he talks about "swearing an oath to uphold the Constitution and protect the people"?

Someone should remind him the Supreme Court ruled on it, and said it was Constitutional. And that the law itself protects the people by providing them with much needed healthcare.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    That last part, where he talks about "swearing an oath to uphold the Constitution and protect the people"?

Someone should remind him the Supreme Court ruled on it, and said it was Constitutional. And that the law itself protects the people by providing them with much needed healthcare.
    Obviously he means state constitution and not that pesky federal one.

Todd "Legitimate Rape" Akin Now Going After Gay Troops

Rep. Akin still refuses to be dragged kicking and screaming out of the mid-20th century.

In May, the House approved a version of the 2013 National Defense Authorization Act that includes a religious "conscience clause" authored by Akin. Under Akin's proposal, a service member could cite his or her religious beliefs on homosexuality for refusing to serve alongside gay and lesbian colleagues, or for treating them differently from everyone else.
    What next, a bill allowing white supremacist military personnel to refuse to serve alongside non-white soldiers? An exemption for soldiers who refuse to serve under a female CO?

It says a lot about what Rep. Akin thinks of his own religion, when he believes that anti-gay bigotry is a fundamental part of it that needs to be protect at all costs.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Todd "Legitimate Rape" Akin Now Going After Gay Troops

Rep. Akin still refuses to be dragged kicking and screaming out of the mid-20th century.

What next, a bill allowing white supremacist military personnel to refuse to serve alongside non-white soldiers? An exemption for soldiers who refuse to serve under a female CO?

It says a lot about what Rep. Akin thinks of his own religion, when he believes that anti-gay bigotry is a fundamental part of it that needs to be protect at all costs.
    What is absolute horse shit is McCain is seemingly backing this instead of throwing it out. What a fucking loser.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

In lighter news, Time Magazine Names Mitt Romney 'Man Of The Year' For 1912

Even though his quest for the Presidency was unsuccessful, Mr. Romney’s ideas about foreign policy, taxation, wealth inequality, and women’s rights typified the year 1912 as no one else has.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P