Page 6 of 476 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Every once in a while I feel like sharing some Birther insanity, since I know it's off the radar of most rational folks.

And I feel I should clarify this upfront: despite all appearances to the contrary, this is NOT satire.

Obama's baby photos are forged!

How do we *know* they're forged? Because they don't look like baby photos from a Malcolm X rally in Chicago. I mean, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    Every once in a while I feel like sharing some Birther insanity, since I know it's off the radar of most rational folks.

And I feel I should clarify this upfront: despite all appearances to the contrary, this is NOT satire.

How do we *know* they're forged? Because they don't look like baby photos from a Malcolm X rally in Chicago. I mean, obviously.
    Oh, dear. That's definitely not how Photoshop works.

For a terrible minute, I thought they were claiming he'd lied about being a baby.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Jaw Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post

That just...wow.

Just wow.
    The Jaw Squad is dead. Long live the Jaw.

A Florida state rep. wants to bring back the electric chair and firing squads:

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Saying it's time to stop letting convicted killers "get off that easy," a Florida state lawmaker wants to use firing squads or the electric chair for those on death row.

Rep. Brad Drake filed a bill this week that would end the use of lethal injection in Florida executions. Instead, those with a death sentence would choose between electrocution or a firing squad.

Drake, a Republican, said the idea came to him after having a conversation with a constituent at a Waffle House over the legal battles associated with the Sept. 28 execution of Manuel Valle.
    I can't make this up. But wait, there's more:

... Drake said that those who caused suffering and grief for families should get their day of reckoning.

"I just don't think they should be able to get off that easy," he said.
    Apparently, strapping convicted felons to a table and injecting a lethal cocktail of drugs into them is letting them off easy.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Jaw Squad Member

Why stop at that? Where's the 'deathmatch with a gorilla' option?
    The Jaw Squad is dead. Long live the Jaw.

Ahh, the Waffle House. Exactly the place you should go to get advice on legislative matters.

They don't want to use lethal injection anymore because the last company that did make it moved to Italy and stopped producing it. Now they use a cocktail used by veterinarians to put animals to sleep, and that company came out saying "this stuff isn't made for humans, please don't use it for executions."
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Governor Rick Scott: I don't have to create jobs

Basically, he's arguing that the economy is so bad that he's doing good to keep Florida from losing jobs rather than adding a million jobs to the 700K that they were projected to get.

It's basically the same as an argument Obama supporters have used (including myself) and that Republicans (including Scott) have derided on multiple occasions. I'm surprised that it took him so little time to figure out that sometimes the job is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    They don't want to use lethal injection anymore because the last company that did make it moved to Italy and stopped producing it. Now they use a cocktail used by veterinarians to put animals to sleep, and that company came out saying "this stuff isn't made for humans, please don't use it for executions."
    Holy shit, that's horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    A Florida state rep. wants to bring back the electric chair and firing squads:

I can't make this up. But wait, there's more:

Apparently, strapping convicted felons to a table and injecting a lethal cocktail of drugs into them is letting them off easy.
    ... Drake said that those who caused suffering and grief for families should get their day of reckoning.

"I just don't think they should be able to get off that easy," he said.
    He probably cries himself to sleep every night over the thought that they can only kill them once.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

The American Jobs Bill would have also provided $85bn in aid to local and state governments. And as Fred Clarke notes, the same night that the Republicans vetoed the act is the night that Harrisburg, Pennsylvania filed for bankruptcy.

This budget crunch isn’t unique to Pennsylvania’s state capital. In Highland Park, Mich., the majority of street lights have been removed as part of a deal to forgive the city’s $4 million in unpaid electric bills. And, as The Wall Street Journal reported last summer, several states and dozens of counties are converting asphalt roads back into gravel to save maintenance costs.
    And he brings up the Topeka city council deciding they don't want to keep enforcing domestic violence laws.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Quote Originally Posted by Aubergine~! View Post
    Now that would probably convince a lot of people currently opposed to the death penalty to support it.

On the other hand, it's kind of cruel to the gorilla and they are getting pretty rare.
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Aubergine~! View Post
    And we can make some money on the side selling the PPVs!

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iangould View Post
    Now that would probably convince a lot of people currently opposed to the death penalty to support it.

On the other hand, it's kind of cruel to the gorilla and they are getting pretty rare.
    Well, we could go the route of "The Running Man".

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -