Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Where The Hell Am I - Oct 5, 2011

Jason Aaron knows exactly Where the Hell he is as the writer discusses his recent trip to Avilés to attend a one-of-a-kind comics festival, drink and eat with fans and chat with Alan Moore's wife, Melinda Gebbie.

Full article here.

I like good comics. ScotsScribbler's Avatar

I will be going to this and Angouleme. Awesome.

WTF?!!! Didn't Mr Aaron say less than a year ago that h'd quit all things Alan Moore while saying "fuck him"?!!!
    Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know-it-all... really!!! riotgear's Avatar

Is it just me (and I mean this with the greatest of respect), but does Guera look a bit like Brian Posehn?
    Riotgear's Facebook
    --------------------------------------------------

Thanks Jason for the tour of your trip.
    Looks like a great trip.

Sounds like a beautiful time. Thank you for the recollection.

One of the Good Guys maniacmatt's Avatar

Wow. This sounds absolutely amazing. I want to go.

Awesome. Avilés is a beautiful city. Glad you had such a good time.
    I do not have a signature

Wow, that sounds like an amazing time at an amazing festival. I've quit going to cons over the last ten years because I'm getting old and am just not up for the hassel of the crowds, lines, parking, etc., etc., etc. If more cons were like this, I'd go to every one (though we all know that's not possible - and this sounds wonderfully unique - a real national treasure for Spain). This sounds like the perfect vacation that I never had.

And while I totally respect Jason and Melinda's right to privacy, boy what I wouldn't have given to have been a fly on the wall for that discussion.

Thanks for sharing about your trip Jason. I haven't seen a "Where the Hell Am I" for a while - not sure if I've been missing them or if Jason's just been too busy to put them out more regularly (after all, he's currently writing about 1/3 of the Marvel Universe right now - and that's not a bad thing). In any event, its one of my favorite columns and I look forward to each installment.

Thanks again Jason!

i was in jason´s panel and due to problems of time (job, family) couldn´t share those good moments with them, but he and gera were incredibly nice and signed me a couple of scalped books, and one of the other side (this one only jason of course), i just wanted to say thanks

I'm from Spain, but it was my first time in Avilés Comic con too and I had a wonderful time. The city is extremely beautiful, food is fantastic and the con ... I have no words to describe it. You must be there to know what I mean. It's completely different from any other cons (it doesn't matter if there are Spanish cons, european cons or american cons). It's the only place where you can get sketches, signings and most important, you can chat with the authors/artist like you were friends, you can talk about everything, have a beer with them, going out with them. An incredible experience and I can't wait 'till next september to come back.