Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

A new preview from IGN for The New Ghostbusters:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/...w-ghostbusters

Not much we don't already know, but there is mention of a backup feature....

I just wish i could get my hands on those often badass variants. Shop doesn't order for their stands and not enough clients are picking the title up :(
    My blog for you folks who can read. http://mrroussis.wordpress.com/

My LCS generally has the variants for each issue, but I'm only buying the Cover A ones so that the cover art matches the interior art.

However, you can probably find the variants at mycomicshop.com. That's where I've bought some variants for other titles to make matching sets.
    Last edited by Michael24; 11-15-2012 at 03:16 PM.
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

Yes but, i'd rather buy the variant and not the A cover. Don't want to spend the extra cash :o
    My blog for you folks who can read. http://mrroussis.wordpress.com/

You don't have to buy the A covers. The site I recommended lists each issue and their variants and (if they are in stock, of course), you can buy just the variant cover issues. I've made several purchases from them this year and they're great.

I personally don't care for the GB variants because the artwork doesn't reflect the content of the book, but for those who want variants and can't find them in their LCS, it's a good alternative source.
    Last edited by Michael24; 11-15-2012 at 03:53 PM.
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

My only real complaint is the variants, too, in regards to this series. I think that has more to do with IDW, though.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

Issue #15 was a bit anti-climatic but it was nice to see the characters acknowledge that fact. The weaving of storylines was really nice and I'm guessing the backback has something to do with the disappearance of the main four guys. I was expecting more of a fight but I have a feeling something big is about to go down due to the lack of a rounded climax.

"Man, the EPA is getting hardcore." ---> Made me actually laugh out loud.

I love that Ecto 2 made it in!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Issue #15 was a bit anti-climatic but it was nice to see the characters acknowledge that fact. The weaving of storylines was really nice and I'm guessing the backback has something to do with the disappearance of the main four guys. I was expecting more of a fight but I have a feeling something big is about to go down due to the lack of a rounded climax.

"Man, the EPA is getting hardcore." ---> Made me actually laugh out loud.

I love that Ecto 2 made it in!
    Maybe, but it was set up in #8 -- keeping Death trapped would have consequences. If Death hadn't been let out, the Ghostbusters would've had to find another way to stop the creature... and that might've seemed like a cop out, too! lol.

Once the reaper was released, well. Boom. And with it, a year's worth of plot threads come together and are tied off. (:

As to what causes the disappearance, you'll see in the next issue!

(Oh -- and glad you liked the EPA line! I almost cut it out -- wasn't sure it was funny enough!) (:
    Comic book writer & artist. Working on IDW's monthly GHOSTBUSTERS +TMNT and Scarlet Spider at Marvel.

www.burnhamania.com
    www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
    www.twitter.com/erikburnham

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Burnham View Post
    Maybe, but it was set up in #8 -- keeping Death trapped would have consequences. If Death hadn't been let out, the Ghostbusters would've had to find another way to stop the creature... and that might've seemed like a cop out, too! lol.

Once the reaper was released, well. Boom. And with it, a year's worth of plot threads come together and are tied off. (:

As to what causes the disappearance, you'll see in the next issue!

(Oh -- and glad you liked the EPA line! I almost cut it out -- wasn't sure it was funny enough!) (:
    Oh I appreciate the thorough plot setup and the Deus Ex joke as a result to reward the long-time reader, that's why it didn't come off as horrible. Almost anybody else and it would frustrate me as a reader. I just expected some more busting action is all but it was nothing to that hurt the title or the book for me.

Your EPA joke was a zoomed out panel with some seemingly random dude watching the GBs save the day unbeknownst to him; that's what made the joke! You and your team have developed some excellent comedic timing both in art and writing. That's tough to do and I greatly appreciate books that actually make me laugh out loud. I swear too many comics these titles forget how to be fun. Keep it up!

I cannot wait for the next issue now; thanks for the teaser!

Besides the Murray the Mantis billboard, was I the only one who caught "Wally Wick" in Peck's office? If I remember correctly, that's actually from the TV version of Ghostbusters, an alternate shot in the mayor's office where Ray says the power grid was shut off "by Wally Wick here" instead of the . . . more 'colorful' name he calls Peck in the regular version.

Loved the appearance of ECTO-2 as well and the character's bemused reactions to it.

That looks awesome i will find it and read it ...........
    In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power... Green Lantern's light

Just finished up issue 15 and I really enjoyed it. Loved the "EPA" line as well. I thought the page where the traps break down looked fantastic. I just love the colors and art in this book. I also like the fact that Ray got to flirt a little. Not something you see very often and I think he's well overdue. Also Egon loosing his cool cracked me up.
    Pull List: Ghostbusters, Saga, Invincible, Guarding the Globe, Cyber Force, Hellboy in Hell, Punk Rock Jesus and Happy

Just read #16. A nice Winston-centric issue. I enjoyed the Christmas setting, too. I love stories that take place during the holidays. Very curious to find out what approached Janosz through the painting. I thought it was going to be the return of Vigo, especially because of the RI cover. Nice set up for the relaunch in February.

As for the references, I loved the "Christmas Hambug" advertisements and spotting the three Ghosts of Christmas in the picture frames. And I have to ask if that one taxi on page 1 is supposed to look like the one from Scrooged with Bill Murray. The other taxis are modern, but this one is old fashioned, has Christmas lights in the windows and a wreath on the front grill, just like the one in Scrooged. :D

All in all, this has been a fantastic comic book. It's been my favorite all year long. Burnham, Schoening and everyone else did a bang-up job. Kudos and a big "thank you" to everyone involved. You can feel the love for this property in every issue, and it's been a blast of fun to read. :)

Ordered The Subscription Variant Cover and Put New Ghostbusters On My Pull List Today...Gotta say I've never read it before
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    Ordered The Subscription Variant Cover and Put New Ghostbusters On My Pull List Today...Gotta say I've never read it before
    Some I might suggest?

Ron Alexanader first appears in GB v.1 #3 (and then he appears sporadically until he forms the Ghostsmashers in #13.) Kylie first appears in GB v.1 #5 and #6 (and again in #11, where Melanie Ortiz makes her first appearance.)

$8 per trade if you go digital! Catch up so you miss nothing! (;

Either way, glad you're taking a look - thanks!
    Comic book writer & artist. Working on IDW's monthly GHOSTBUSTERS +TMNT and Scarlet Spider at Marvel.

www.burnhamania.com
    www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
    www.twitter.com/erikburnham