Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 142
  1. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,673

    Default

    Wasn't even expecting this, but saw the 100-page spooktacular Ghost Busters special. $7.99 for 5 reprints from before the Ongoing. I think I have one or two of these issues but couldn't pass up the collection. There is an ad for the Omnibus, which I somehow didn't know about either, so I will have to look out for that too.
    Last edited by Wolf_Leader; 10-24-2012 at 03:51 PM.

  2. #92
    Junior Member Michael24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    353

    Default

    I thought this would be a collection of one-shots, but apparently a couple are actually the first issues of mini-series, so now I'm lefting hanging and needing those subsequent issues to finish them. Kind of a rip. Basically $8 for a preview and a "Like it? Then buy the rest!" ad at the end.

    At least What In the Samhain Just Happened?! was pretty fun. Hadn't read it before. As with the monthly, I loved the Easter Eggs, such as Janine's magic lamp from The Real Ghostbusters and the costumes at the Halloween party. Those were fun to identify. :)
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

  3. #93
    The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    WEST COAST, USA
    Posts
    6,368

    Default

    "What In the Samhain Just Happened?!" Was one of the only IDW pre-ongoing I liked. Glad the ongoing is in the same tone!
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

  4. #94
    Junior Member cphilli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Northeast Georgia
    Posts
    127

    Default

    So I'm seeing a big push for "The New Ghostbusters"....details?
    Pull List: Ghostbusters, Saga, Invincible, Guarding the Globe, Cyber Force, Hellboy in Hell, Punk Rock Jesus and Happy

  5. #95
    Senior Member tylenoljones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cphilli View Post
    So I'm seeing a big push for "The New Ghostbusters"....details?
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/...w-in-february/

    That's all the info I've seen on the subject. Sounds interesting. I'm mostly curious as to whether this will replace or be published alongside the existing title. Given the creative teams are the same, it would seem to suggest this will replace the current Ghostbusters title, unless a new creative team is announced there.

  6. #96

    Default

    http://tumblr.idwpublishing.com/

    Looks like we've got the full team, and I could not be more excited!
    Kinda expected most of them, but Ortiz is a happy surprise.

  7. #97
    Junior Member cphilli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Northeast Georgia
    Posts
    127

    Default

    So it looks like the original guys are missing and someone has to step up to the plate. Wonder where they disappeared to? Glad the comic is still going strong into 2013!
    Pull List: Ghostbusters, Saga, Invincible, Guarding the Globe, Cyber Force, Hellboy in Hell, Punk Rock Jesus and Happy

  8. #98
    Junior Member Michael24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tylenoljones View Post
    I'm mostly curious as to whether this will replace or be published alongside the existing title.
    It's been called a relaunch, so it looks like Ghostbusters will end in December with #16.

    I think I'll be dropping the book after #16 and will wait for the first TPB to check out this new one. Not crazy about the idea, and plus I never cared for the "Janine as a Ghostbusters" angle, either. Ghostbusters is the best comic book I've read all year, so I'm not happy that IDW is making such a drastic change. :(
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

  9. #99
    King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    407

    Default

    I am absolutely loving this series!! I found this after the TMNT comixology sale. It is a good thing that the price goes down after a bit on comixology otherwise I could not afford this book along with TMNT.

  10. #100
    Junior Member cphilli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Northeast Georgia
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    It's been called a relaunch, so it looks like Ghostbusters will end in December with #16.

    I think I'll be dropping the book after #16 and will wait for the first TPB to check out this new one. Not crazy about the idea, and plus I never cared for the "Janine as a Ghostbusters" angle, either. Ghostbusters is the best comic book I've read all year, so I'm not happy that IDW is making such a drastic change. :(
    Wait...what? So this isn't just a story arc but an actual new direction in the series? You can't have Ghostbusters without the Ghostbusters. I just can't imagine the series taking a turn down that road on a permanent basis. Erik Burnham is doing a twitter Q&A on Monday at 8PM EST so I guess we'll get some answers then.
    Pull List: Ghostbusters, Saga, Invincible, Guarding the Globe, Cyber Force, Hellboy in Hell, Punk Rock Jesus and Happy

  11. #101
    Junior Member Michael24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    353

    Default

    I'd previously read that IDW is relaunching many of their titles after the New Year, and with this coming out in February, it looks like Ghostbusters is one of them. If it does turn out to be just be a mini-series or something, and then Ghostbusters can resume afterward, then that's fine. But if it is going to be a new direction the title takes (for however long), then I'm not crazy about it. I'll be curious to see what Burnham's Q&A reveals.
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

  12. #102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    I'd previously read that IDW is relaunching many of their titles after the New Year, and with this coming out in February, it looks like Ghostbusters is one of them. If it does turn out to be just be a mini-series or something, and then Ghostbusters can resume afterward, then that's fine. But if it is going to be a new direction the title takes (for however long), then I'm not crazy about it. I'll be curious to see what Burnham's Q&A reveals.
    Tellya what, I'll give a few freebies out. (;

    Why allow Janine in? Why didn't the city just yoink the equipment away and pull in folks from the NYPD or FDNY or etc. to bust ghosts? -- This is answered on page 11 of the first part of the arc.

    Why are we taking the Original Ghostbusters out of the book? Y'know, I don't think I actually said that anywhere online. (; We said they were captured and spirited away from NYC.

    Now, if you like the Ghostbusters series, don't worry! Venkman and the crew are only missing from NYC, not the pages of this comic book. (I don't mind spoiling it because... well heck, solicits will tell you that much! I refuse to give any other details though...) We're telling a hopefully fun story and setting up avenues for new ones in the future. As always, the question is not IF our heroes will solve the problem that they face, it's HOW. I love writing these characters, folks, and putting them through a wringer is part of the job.

    (As for the renumbering, the promo had a #1 on it, so you know we are renumbering. That is simply going to put a bigger spotlight on the book, which can only help us keep it going! If you want to think of it as #17, though... I won't stop you.) (:
    Comic book writer & artist. Working on IDW's monthly GHOSTBUSTERS +TMNT and Scarlet Spider at Marvel.

    www.burnhamania.com
    www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
    www.twitter.com/erikburnham

  13. #103
    King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Burnham View Post
    Tellya what, I'll give a few freebies out. (;

    Why allow Janine in? Why didn't the city just yoink the equipment away and pull in folks from the NYPD or FDNY or etc. to bust ghosts? -- This is answered on page 11 of the first part of the arc.

    Why are we taking the Original Ghostbusters out of the book? Y'know, I don't think I actually said that anywhere online. (; We said they were captured and spirited away from NYC.

    Now, if you like the Ghostbusters series, don't worry! Venkman and the crew are only missing from NYC, not the pages of this comic book. (I don't mind spoiling it because... well heck, solicits will tell you that much! I refuse to give any other details though...) We're telling a hopefully fun story and setting up avenues for new ones in the future. As always, the question is not IF our heroes will solve the problem that they face, it's HOW. I love writing these characters, folks, and putting them through a wringer is part of the job.

    (As for the renumbering, the promo had a #1 on it, so you know we are renumbering. That is simply going to put a bigger spotlight on the book, which can only help us keep it going! If you want to think of it as #17, though... I won't stop you.) (:
    OMG! The Ghostbusters are
    spoilers:
    in the dead zone along with a certain pair of Green Lanterns.
    end of spoilers
    I am calling it here! But really the book has been lots of awesome, Erik.

  14. #104
    Junior Member cphilli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Northeast Georgia
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Well I got home from work late and missed the twitter Q&A but my main question was answered above. I'm good with it being a story arc and that the guys aren't disappearing from the book. I love the book and from what I've seen from the previous issues the guys are in good hands with this team. Looking forward to it all!
    The renumbering of comics has always confused me but I'm good with it as long as the original Ghostbusters stick around and the book keeps going!
    Also I picked my sister (who is also a GB fan) the first TPB for her Christmas gift. She's never been into comics much but hopefully she'll love this one as much as I have.
    Pull List: Ghostbusters, Saga, Invincible, Guarding the Globe, Cyber Force, Hellboy in Hell, Punk Rock Jesus and Happy

  15. #105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cphilli View Post
    Well I got home from work late and missed the twitter Q&A but my main question was answered above. I'm good with it being a story arc and that the guys aren't disappearing from the book. I love the book and from what I've seen from the previous issues the guys are in good hands with this team. Looking forward to it all!
    The renumbering of comics has always confused me but I'm good with it as long as the original Ghostbusters stick around and the book keeps going!
    Also I picked my sister (who is also a GB fan) the first TPB for her Christmas gift. She's never been into comics much but hopefully she'll love this one as much as I have.
    I typically hate comparing comics to TV shows, but volume 2 is very much like the second season of a television show. A new #1 just puts the spotlight back on the book, and helps keep it from falling through the cracks.

    The more people who pre-order the book, though, the easier it will be for us to make volume 2 longer than volume 1.

    PRE-ORDER, please. Everyone who has a comic shop and loves the book, please pre-order. (And if your local shop won't do it for you, or you don't have a local shop, there are online shops that WILL.) Pre-orders are the way to go, please spread that word. (:
    Comic book writer & artist. Working on IDW's monthly GHOSTBUSTERS +TMNT and Scarlet Spider at Marvel.

    www.burnhamania.com
    www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
    www.twitter.com/erikburnham

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •